LEONARD COHEN IN FLORIDA (OCTOBER 17-19, 2009)

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: LEONARD COHEN IN FLORIDA (OCTOBER 17-19, 2009)

Post by MaryB »

You are in for such a treat!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
jessicaT

Post by jessicaT »

I have to agree. Plus, the best tip I can give you is to buy online the DVD, its absolutely amazing and it changes the whole experience of enjoying the show if you watch it at home before. I did it before the show in Berlin (this July - it was AMAZING BTW), and it made a huge difference.
I bought it through here if you are interested: http://tinyurl.com/LeonardCohenstore
Can't wait for the show...
Roy

Post by Roy »

Last edited by Roy on Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LEONARD COHEN | HALLS OF FAME
The Official Halls of Fame Biographies of Leonard Cohen
http://www.leonardcohenhallsoffame.blogspot.com
sweetsleep

Post by sweetsleep »

Hello all,

I just joined the forum.

I am so happy that I have front row tickets to the Ft. Lauderdale show! I live about two miles from the concert site. As a fan of his for almost forty years, this is a real treat!

Glad to find this site.

Nancy
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Nancy ~

We're so happy to have you here. Since you live so close, perhaps you could recommend somewhere nearby ~ somewhere that is quiet ~ that some of us might gather after the concert. I'm in Row 1, too 8) .

If you click on the "files" link at the top left of the page here and take time to explore, you'll find this to be a phenomenal site on Leonard. If you click on the Speaking Cohen link next to it, you will find it to be, as well. Together, you will find all the information you never imagined possible on Leonard.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MONABABY

Post by MONABABY »

I am beside myself with giddyness....decided today to get out of Montreal for my birthday (it's a big one) and put together a last minute trip to Ft Lauderdale and I am freaking out....I THINK I GOT A FRONT ROW SEAT FOR THE 17TH IN LAUDERDALE....who would have guessed that this was possible at this late date. OMG I can't believe it!!!

Lizzie, remember me, we met at the concert in Montreal (I was with my Mom) and at the Holiday Inn and at the tribute. Hopefully we can meet again this time.

Mona
Attachments
my profile.jpg
my profile.jpg (4.28 KiB) Viewed 10373 times
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Mona :D ~

Yes, I remember that we met and I would love to meet up with you! How old are you going to be on this birthday!?! Such a godsend gift to yourself and the spirits were looking out for you with your seat acquisition 8) ! I'm in the first row, too... I wonder what our proximity is to one another :) . By the way things are looking, we can meet before or after or both. I had checked with my friend who's going with me and will be seeing Leonard for the first time, and she was open to both. That's where the glitch can come... someone new to Leonard seems to be a wrinkle that can occur with meeting up. I offered to meet up with her later, if she didn't want to come, and was so pleased when she reiterated how excited she is and said that was fine, that she was into coming along for any meet-up, anyway 8) !

So, we'll need to coordinate a little later, but not too later... look how quickly it's coming along 8) ! WoW. I'm so excited!

Such happy news for you and us both, Mona :D !!

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
foxymona

Post by foxymona »

Hi Lizzy,

What is your seat #. I'm still pinching myself that 2 weeks before the show I got such a good ticket. They must have been holding back some good seats for "special VIPs". ;-) so I guess I must be ONE!!!! It's my 65th birthday and I really need to get away.
Mona
Montreal 2008; Fort Lauderdale 2009, Montreal 2012 X 2, Kingston 2012
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

I'll have to find that for you, Mona... I'm on the right, though ... well, I'm there. First row. That much I know for sure :lol: .

Yeah, didn't you just love that VIP designation 8) ? Me, too ;-) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
foxymona

Post by foxymona »

Hi Lizzy,
I'm in VIP1 Row A seat 22, no clue which side that is. I THINK it's first row. I know here at Place des Arts it starts with AA - FF before A begins but I don't think it's like that at this venue. I'm not thrilled that it's in a hockey arena but at least I was able to get a ticket which might not have been possible at a sold-out small venue. My son, who lives in FLA might be coming along with me (although he wouldn't spring for such an expensive seat). I asked if he would drive me to Lauderdale and he said "I'll come to the concert, I like Leonard Cohen, he's a world reknown poet". I thought that was cute seeing that he's into Techno and was a Techno DJ....but I must admit, he is interested in ALL kinds of music, U2 etc. Well, now instead of dreading my 65th birthday, I have something to look forward to.....verrrrrrry excited!!!! :lol: You can contact me directly at mona.sigler@gmail.com or at 1-800-477-6668, then dail 2, then EXT 2420. (work 800 #) Take Care, Mona
MadderAlice

Post by MadderAlice »

after the seat reassignments for the tampa show...
i have just received a new email stating that the venue has now changed, as well.
it's now the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center rather than the Forum.
sadly with every change my seats move further and further back.

still...as giddy as can be. can't wait! :D
Roy

Post by Roy »

MadderAlice wrote:after the seat reassignments for the tampa show...
i have just received a new email stating that the venue has now changed, as well.
it's now the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center rather than the Forum.
sadly with every change my seats move further and further back.

still...as giddy as can be. can't wait! :D

They have not updated or stated this information yet on ticketmaster's Leonard Cohen page. No map of the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center yet either.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

You can get the map by going to their site... follow the link that Jarkko provided for getting tickets directly from the Center... in the thread that indicates the venue has changed. Several postings down.

MadderAlice... your concert experience will be FAR better, no matter where they seated you! The venue is 100 times better and more appropriate for Leonard 8) .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Roy

Post by Roy »

foxymona

Post by foxymona »

I'm jealous!! I hate the fact that Ft Lauderdale is in a huge arena.....but it's still better than "NO Leonard" :razz: .

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”