Nashville Concertgoers

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bridger15

Nashville Concertgoers

Post by bridger15 »

Kenadian wrote: I eventually called and told them what ticket I had (Row A seat 20) and while on the phone, I released it and they grabbed it for me!

Cheers,
Ken(adian)
My ticket is A17. See you there.
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
MusicCityGypsy

Re: Nashville Concertgoers

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Hello! I know we have a while but I was thinking if anyone wanted to do a meetup before/after the show there are a few places to eat nearby within walking distants (they THAT close but the Old Spaghetti Factory and Demo's are some of my favorite before theatre meals, mostly because they're nice places/good food and cheap!) After the show I will be sure to be going to Roberts Western World (my favorite Honky Tonk downtown)...

also there is CHEAP parking downtown at the nashville library ($3-$4) and you can park there all day if you'd like...

let me know if anyone needs a ride from airport to hotel or anything else!! :)
rshale70

Post by rshale70 »

MusicCityGypsy wrote:Hello! I know we have a while but I was thinking if anyone wanted to do a meetup before/after the show there are a few places to eat nearby within walking distants (they THAT close but the Old Spaghetti Factory and Demo's are some of my favorite before theatre meals, mostly because they're nice places/good food and cheap!) After the show I will be sure to be going to Roberts Western World (my favorite Honky Tonk downtown)...

also there is CHEAP parking downtown at the nashville library ($3-$4) and you can park there all day if you'd like...

Do you need to have your car out of the library garage by a certain time? I've been there before, but I can't remember how far it is from TPAC. I usually park at the Commerce Street Garage (next to Demo's), but I think the event parking there is up to $8, and you have to walk several blocks to the venue.
xuxa777

Post by xuxa777 »

rshale70 wrote:
Do you need to have your car out of the library garage by a certain time? I've been there before, but I can't remember how far it is from TPAC. I usually park at the Commerce Street Garage (next to Demo's), but I think the event parking there is up to $8, and you have to walk several blocks to the venue.
I park there all the time for concerts at the Ryman and Sommet Center and it was always staffed after the shows and even later than that.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I thought I posted about this but I can't see it maybe put cancel instead of post...so here we go again:

it's right down by the rennisance hotel a short walk uphill to the theatre (closer than the one at demos) and it's over night parking too!
(you don't have to get it validated and it's a little bit more than these rates if you don't but if you are there ealier enough i suggest you go ahead and walk through the library, its beautiful and only takes a second to get ticket validated!)

Main Library Parking Rates:
First hour of parking: FREE
1 - 1.5 hours: 75 cents
1.5 - 2 hours: $1.50
2 - 2.5 hours: $2.50
2.5 - 3 hours: $3.50
3 - 3.5 hours: $4.50
More than 3.5 hours: Beginning January 1, 2007: $6.00 (the daily maximum for those who park before 5:00 p.m. on weekdays)
The evening maximum parking rate, (after 5:00 p.m.), and weekend maximum parking rate is $4.00.
In order to receive parking validation for free and reduced-rate parking, bring your parking ticket to the security desk in the Main Library's entry hall.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Cara,

I'm not going to Nashville (thought about it!) but did you get good seats eventually...I know there was some sort of glitch. Thinking about you all...hope it worked out.

All the best,
Diana
dick

Post by dick »

Thanks for tips Music City Gypsy.. Linda and I got our first choice - first row, loge left -- from the phone contact. Understand Joe and Anne were happy with 5th row seats. Hope whatever problems there were are all resolved now.

We will be in town for a few days -- without car if that is manageable -- would appreciate other tips. Not our first trip, but all ideas appreciated. Wish the Titans had a home game, but see they are in SF that weekend.

Dick
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

MusicCityGypsy wrote:Hello! I know we have a while but I was thinking if anyone wanted to do a meetup before/after the show there are a few places to eat nearby within walking distants (they THAT close but the Old Spaghetti Factory and Demo's are some of my favorite before theatre meals, mostly because they're nice places/good food and cheap!) After the show I will be sure to be going to Roberts Western World (my favorite Honky Tonk downtown)...

Hey MCGypsy, I love your ideas for Forum fans to get together. Count me in! :D

I would appreciate your suggestions for a hotel close to the theater and best method to get from the airport to the hotel.

---Arlene

MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

if you've got to use a taxi these are the ones suggested on the tpac webpage (I've never used a Taxi before, honestly!) Pretty sure you need to call before time and set up a pickup time taxi's never just drive around like NYC and pretty sure they have a set rate instead of how long you're in the cab but not really sure (I think most hotels on the outskirts of the downtown area are a $5.00 ride and there are also some hotels that have shuttle bus' too)

TAXI CAB COMPANIES
Checker Cab Company
211 Union Street, Nashville
Phone: (615) 256-7000

Music City Taxi
729 Calhoun Avenue, Nashville
Phone: (615) 742-3030

Nashville Cab Company
1508 Dickerson Pike, Nashville
Phone: (615) 242-7070

United Cab Company
1005 Murfreesboro Pike, Nashville
Phone: (615) 399-6700

Yellow Cab
930 3RD Avenue, South, Nashville
Phone: (615) 256-0101

What hotels are located within walking distance of TPAC?
Hermitage Hotel http://www.thehermitagehotel.com/site/, phone: 615/244-3121
Double Tree Hotel,http://doubletree1.hilton.com/en_US/dt/ ... e/index.do phone: 615/244-8200
Downtown Sheraton, http://www.starwoodhotels.com/sheraton/ ... rtyID=1236phone: 615/259-2000
Renaissance Hotel,http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/b ... lle-hotel/ phone: 615/255-8400

The Hermitage Hotel it's a pricey hotel with beautiful history and RIGHT next to TPAC a lot of stars stay here when they come into town but I hear it's really $$$$$$$. There are other hotels in the area but these are closer to TPAC than the others...pretty sure all have AAA rates
Attachments
ParkingMap.jpg
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Thanks, MusicCityGypsy, for all the incredible info. It is very appreciated, by all of us. And thank you for your PM. I will respond later this evening.

---Arlene

Joe Way

Post by Joe Way »

Hi all,
We just made reservations at the Courtyard downtown (using some points to save money). We're really looking forward to our trip-this will be the first time that we've stayed in Nashville and everyone tells me we're in for a treat. Let's hope that Leonard does The Tennessee Waltz as an encore! It will be great to meet other fans there. Thanks for the helpful tips-we are looking forward to meeting all of you.

Joe & Anne
"Say a prayer for the cowboy..."
ataraxia

Post by ataraxia »

I tried to get tickets all day today in between working and when I finally got it working and all, the cheapest accessible left were $152 each :(
I was amazed at how expensive the tickets are!!! I've always felt that Cohen's music was very spiritual (for me anyway), so I am sad that it all seems to be about the money. Maybe I had it all wrong. Oh well. *sigh* I can still get some $60 tickets in the nosebleed section, but by the time November rolls around who knows if I'd be able to get into them or not. I probably won't have another chance to see him perform live, but I hope it is great for people! I have live records and concert videos and if you have not heard or seen he always does great shows. For those of you who aren't lifetime fans, then you simply must experience!!!

Downtown Nashville right now is in upheval with some construction, but should be better by November. After 6pm you can park for free on any meter around unless bagged, or there are specific blackouts. NOTE: For the handicapped - the "bypassing time limits" clause in the tag instructions in most states (including TN) DOES NOT APPLY to meters or garages downtown during hours! They WILL tow you! I learned the hard way, LOL! :(

On a Thursday night in downtown Nashvegas, parking should NOT be an issue. Weeknights it's like a ghost town, really. There is the new Bus terminal at the foot of the hill and a couple blocks to your left that maxes at $10 and is 24/7. There are some smaller open air Central Parking lots down the hill around the James Robertson Parkway area that tend to be reasonable, if they stay open. If you don't mind a 20 minute walk up 2 steep hills, I believe the State Employee lots go public and free after 6pm. I think so anyway because I know people park in them for Titans games (and walk the 3 miles to the stadium LOL!!!) There is no way to get a manual wheelchair up those hills unless you're an athlete, and the hill up to TPAC on Deadrick I'm not sure a powered chair could even make, so drop off and pick up for sure!!!

I live down there so have lots of info if anyone has questions. right now something is wrong with my browser and i cant see what im typ[ing anymore so going to submit and see what happens. feel free top ask anyuthing will help what i can with thanks and
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

hey ataraxia! welcome to the forum, hopefully you will luck out sooner to the show and be able to get tickets! :) your SOOOO right about Cohen's music being a spiritual even and I hope you can swing the show! Maybe you can come to the preshow meetup before the concert? Anyone else local in Nashville, PM or email me if you're interested in helping? We could meetup sometime, sooner than before the show.

PS: does anyone know if the band will do the meet and mingle during this leg of the tour? I was thinking about contacting TPAC and seeing if they'd do a meetup for us in the lobby with snacks or something, anyone know how many people will be coming?

Cara
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

MusicCityGypsy wrote: does anyone know if the band will do the meet and mingle during this leg of the tour?
This is another instance where we have to be "patient" and wait for an announcement from Jarkko about early Forum entry with Will-call ticket pick up.

I don't expect we will hear anything about this for quite a while. Everyone involved in the tour is quite busy with about 20 more concerts, some in "difficult" locales, on the other side of the pond.

btw. Early entry is also an opportunity to attack the Merch stand without a massive crowd. I have my shopping list ready. :)
Last edited by bridger15 on Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I can't believe it's so far away, my apologies for being so "gung ho" on this meetup! for some reason I thought the show was SEPTEMBER 5th :shock: ha imagine my surprise when I read your last post Arlene! I was questioning myself earlier because Dick said something about Titans season but I've been so busy lately I just sort of forgot about it. I had to go check the dates again Nov 5th...wow we've got a while to sit tight.

I'm saving up for some merch this time, hopefully they will have some neat poster from the hatch print shop? I got the Detroit Fox Theatre poster and it looks like the same design as the Beacon Theatre one, the blue with the black screen print of Cohen.

Cara

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”