Nashville Concertgoers

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
dick

Re: Nashville Concertgoers

Post by dick »

Thanks gypsy

Dick and Linda will be coming from Morristown NJ

Will post our arrival dates and hotel-- when I verify

We'd love a bar/restaurant location for meeting forum folks -- way before, or shortly after the show.

:-)
Dick
holydove

Post by holydove »

MusicCityGyspsy, your post brought tears to my eyes; I had a similar experience with the woman sitting next to me at the Beacon Theater show in NYC (felt such a sweet connection); it was the first time I saw LC live since 1993, & that was likely the case for most of the audience. My husband & I also just got married about a month ago (9/12) - of course, our first dance song was Dance Me To The End. . . what else could it be?

Anyway, our starting point is NYC, where I live, but we are going to the Durham concert first, on Nov. 3, and we will come to Nashville from Durham, on 11/4. Our seats for Nashville are Orchestra Row J, seats 1 & 2. We are staying at the DoubleTree, & we will stay in Nashville till the morning of 11/7, so a meet-up the day before or the day after the concert, or even the day of the concert, should be fine for us, whatever works for everyone. . .

Thank you for your communication & planning - looking forward to the joyous occasion!

Rachel
dick

Post by dick »

We are arriving the afternoon of the 4th and staying until the 9th.

Be at the Holiday Inn Express downtown (820 Broadway).

Dick and Linda
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

My husband and I are flying up from Houston to Nashville on the morning of the 5th, and returning on Saturday afternoon. We've never really been "joiners", hence my previous reluctance to post on the forum. However, as we all know, this tour has changed a lot of things! We went to the Beacon in February and to the meet up afterwards where we ended up chatting to some fabulous people (can't remember any names, but recognize a few faces on the poster!) I'm also a long time LC fan (over forty years since I was a teenager in England) and first saw him in Leicester in 1976. I said then that it was the best live concert I'd ever seen and despite having seen many many live concerts since, nothing ever lived up to that magical evening - a performer who actually talked to his audience as if we were intelligent human beings was so amazing to me (I won't mention any names, but I've seen others who didn't). When my husband and I got married I told him that there was only one other man in my life and that I would fly anywhere at any price to see him again....... I'm so grateful that we've been able to do that over the past 18 months. O2 was unbelievable, but it all seemed like a dream afterwards so we went to Cardiff. Then the Beacon, and the possibility that this might be the last chance I'd get. I said after Austin that I wouldn't see LC again as it was so perfect, then we decided to go to Weybridge which was such fun! I said I definitely wouldn't go to a Fall concert, but here I am with tickets to Nashville - what is it about this man that is so seductive?

Anyway, having said all that, I think we might break the habits of a lifetime once more and join in. We're staying at the Doubletree which I believe is pretty close to the action, so a meet up before or after the concert would be fantastic. I've even bought myself a new blue raincoat for the occasion - it may not be as warm in Nashville as it is in Houston (that's my excuse anyway!)

Joy (and Mark)
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Aloevera

Post by Aloevera »

Greetings from Ireland,

I can't believe I am writing to say I will be in Nashville in a few short weeks. Is this a dream?

I arrive on November 4th and leave on November 8th. I booked my accommodation in the Courtyard earlier today. After the concerts earlier this year in Dublin and Barcelona I still have a burning desire to see Leonard in a smaller venue. Hopefully the TCPA will quench the desire!!!!

I am really looking forward to meeting you all.

In the meantime we have organised a meet-up in Dublin on October 17th to celebrate the beginning of the US tour.

In song. Paula :D
2008 - RHK Dublin x 2, Lucca, Birmingham
2009 - Dublin x 2, Barcelona, Nashville
2010 - Marseille, Las Vegas X 2
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Does anyone know the names of these delightful forum members?

I took their photo at the Forum Fan early entry (Nov 5/09) but I don't have their names.

I would like to add their names, if possible, to a post on my Leonard Cohen Scrapbook.
"No Tennessee Waltz At Tennessee Concert - Aw Shucks"
http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com/2011 ... ncert.html

Please send me a PM or email. I really would appreciate it.
Thanks,
---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”