I/We got tickets at the presale!

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
banba

Re: I/We got tickets at the presale!

Post by banba » Fri Jul 31, 2009 6:46 pm

so to be clear (fpr 8/6). All I need for pre sale is the password that will be posted that morning- right? I want to be prepared.
vhay

Post by vhay » Sun Aug 02, 2009 4:37 am

I just tried to get tickets for Atlanta, but it didn't recognize the password that was provided....

***Of course it didn't. The first pre-sale is over. New York continues until August 8. / Jarkko***
A Brick in the Wall

Post by A Brick in the Wall » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:08 am

Fmills wrote:I nabbed a pair for the Asheville show and am, of course, psyched. Thought I would add, for others about to avail themselves of the presale, that the purchasing procedure was laborious and frustrating. Caveat: it may be related purely to Ticketbastard, but still stands as a general advisory.

Presale login/tix selection super-smooth. Having already registered with Ticketbastard, relevant customer data entry smooth, too; they already had my info and credit card info. HOWEVER: at next-to-final check out, was confronted with a security check on the part of Ticketbastard/[insert credit card company]. Which I've never encountered before, but in theory is a good thing, so I had no problem with that. Except - instead of said check taking place (hope you are following me here; it involves a redirect to the credit card site, followed by a re-redirect back to the last check out step), my browser sent me back to a *blank* LC community page.

Without belaboring the point: after realizing the check out process had essentially frozen, I retraced my steps, and also as a backup lso opened a new browser to start all over again, using my alternate credit card registered with Ticketbasatard. I was stymied 5 times, and FINALLY (rough estimate: 1 1/2 hours), I was successful, and had confirmation of my will-call waiting tickets.

This, clearly, was not a problem due to overwhelming web traffic for the Cohen Asheville sale; on each of those 5 attempts, Ticketbastard offered me the same pair of tix I'd initially reserved (but had lost, due to checkout timeout), so clearly there was not a mad rush on the virtual box office this afternoon. And I'm happy with the seats. Also curious how many of you are going to Asheville...

But I just wanted to let anyone reading this know that, as some of the folks in this thread have noted, some really frustrating glitches may happen, so keep trying, and possibly even have an alternate credit card ready, too. Don't try it if you're at work or are about to prepare a meal for the kids and think you can knock it out in a few minutes.
I'm still fighting with Ticketmaster -- I had the same problem but never got the tickets they offered --- Customer Service has made the 3 Stooges look like Einstein -- they have asked for the same information several times & now are saying that they are working on my accessible seating request --- which I NEVER made... It's been a joke.
brightnow

Post by brightnow » Wed Aug 05, 2009 5:23 pm

I happily join the list of pre-sale success stories: FIRST ROW seats for Durham!!!

Jarkko, Marie, and others involved: If I had Leonard's talent I might have been able to convey my gratitude in words. Things being the way they are a heartfelt "thank you" will have to suffice. Thank you so much, I truly appreciate all that you have done to make this happen.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
manamana

Post by manamana » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:44 pm

front row center in the grand tier for us in Durham. I couldn't justify an extra $80 to sit on the floor with that in my cart.

Haven't been to the DPAC for a concert yet, but from the tour I took last year, I think it should still sound good.

can't wait!
brightnow

Post by brightnow » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:04 pm

manamana wrote:front row center in the grand tier for us in Durham. I couldn't justify an extra $80 to sit on the floor with that in my cart.

Haven't been to the DPAC for a concert yet, but from the tour I took last year, I think it should still sound good.

can't wait!
Welcome to the forum! Why don't you stick around? It's a wonderful place.
See you in Durham!
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
Bromo

Post by Bromo » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:16 pm

I have first row seats to Philly!! Ok so they are first row of section 105 which is in dead center but in the second block of seats. I guess that is probably 30-40 rows from the stage, I'm happy with that. I could have had third row seats to the right of the stage but I couldn't justify spending nearly $300 (after fees) on the tix(even the $160 I did spend was pushing it...but the Radio City Music Hall show back in May made that decision alot easier to make).

MSG would have been my first choice...but I already have tickets to see Richard Thompson in NYC that night. Leonard Cohen and Richard Thompson on back to back night...that is going to be a great week.

Thomas

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”