I/We got tickets at the presale!

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
telephonedancer

I/We got tickets at the presale!

Post by telephonedancer »

WooHoo! I got greedy- 7th row center! Transaction was a bit crazy- website didn't like my "cookie" settings, didn't accept my first credit card, had to register. Pretty frantic with those tickets hanging in the balance. LC here I come!

THANKS JARKKO!!!
Lilifyre

Re: I/We got tickets at the presale!

Post by Lilifyre »

Hey telephonedancer, glad you finally got everything working for you. Sounds like 7th row center was worth the hassel. What venue?

I had a similar problem with Metrotix in St.Louis. I had to use firefox to register...IE kept throwing an error everytime I tried...then when I tried to actually buy the tickets, I had to switch back to IE cuz the site didn't like my cookies on firefox. Hey, they were chocolate chip and freshly baked ;-) What's not to like? Right? LOL

I ended up with 9th row center section. Better than I thought I'd get, so I'm doing a happy dance.
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
telephonedancer

Post by telephonedancer »

Lili- it was for Cleveland. Congrats on your Fox tickets- that's supposed to be a great place. We got to Kingston on the last leg- it was everything I had expected. He's Our Man.
Fmills

Post by Fmills »

I nabbed a pair for the Asheville show and am, of course, psyched. Thought I would add, for others about to avail themselves of the presale, that the purchasing procedure was laborious and frustrating. Caveat: it may be related purely to Ticketbastard, but still stands as a general advisory.

Presale login/tix selection super-smooth. Having already registered with Ticketbastard, relevant customer data entry smooth, too; they already had my info and credit card info. HOWEVER: at next-to-final check out, was confronted with a security check on the part of Ticketbastard/[insert credit card company]. Which I've never encountered before, but in theory is a good thing, so I had no problem with that. Except - instead of said check taking place (hope you are following me here; it involves a redirect to the credit card site, followed by a re-redirect back to the last check out step), my browser sent me back to a *blank* LC community page.

Without belaboring the point: after realizing the check out process had essentially frozen, I retraced my steps, and also as a backup lso opened a new browser to start all over again, using my alternate credit card registered with Ticketbasatard. I was stymied 5 times, and FINALLY (rough estimate: 1 1/2 hours), I was successful, and had confirmation of my will-call waiting tickets.

This, clearly, was not a problem due to overwhelming web traffic for the Cohen Asheville sale; on each of those 5 attempts, Ticketbastard offered me the same pair of tix I'd initially reserved (but had lost, due to checkout timeout), so clearly there was not a mad rush on the virtual box office this afternoon. And I'm happy with the seats. Also curious how many of you are going to Asheville...

But I just wanted to let anyone reading this know that, as some of the folks in this thread have noted, some really frustrating glitches may happen, so keep trying, and possibly even have an alternate credit card ready, too. Don't try it if you're at work or are about to prepare a meal for the kids and think you can knock it out in a few minutes.
janedw

Post by janedw »

Fmills wrote: HOWEVER: at next-to-final check out, was confronted with a security check on the part of Ticketbastard/[insert credit card company]. Which I've never encountered before, but in theory is a good thing, so I had no problem with that. Except - instead of said check taking place (hope you are following me here; it involves a redirect to the credit card site, followed by a re-redirect back to the last check out step), my browser sent me back to a *blank* LC community page.
Fred(?), i had a similar experience
with Atlanta tix. didn't get kicked
as far out as you did, but i had to
start over.
Fmills wrote:And I'm happy with the seats. Also curious how many of you are going to Asheville...
i wasn't happy with what was on
offer for Asheville, so i'm holding
out. i'm only going to make that
trip if i can score an outstanding
seat, i'm afraid ...

i think that i saw you at the Tom
Waits show a few years back? i
was inside the venue, but out
doors, you were outside, & didn't
hear me, or i didn't yell loud ...
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

It could have been a glich at the credit card company end. They sometimes will not approve a transaction if they suspect possible fraud - members here have had it happen to them in the past during the course of this tour when they were making the ticket purchase. It's always a good idea to let the company know in advance if you will be making a larger amount purchase, especially if the purchase is not in your area and most importantly for ticket purchases. Let them also be aware that you will be buying tickets and you could lose out on great seats if they block the transaction. You two were lucky you still got your originally chosen seats. I am very glad it all worked out.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

MaryB wrote:It's always a good idea to let the company know in advance if you will be making a larger amount purchase, especially if the purchase is not in your area and most importantly for ticket purchases. Let them also be aware that you will be buying tickets and you could lose out on great seats if they block the transaction.
I lost some great tickets for the Paris shows last November when my credit card company blocked the transactions - on two separate cards. They have a particular problem with overseas transactions so I do try and call them to let them know in advance if I (hopefully) have a big overseas ticket purchase coming up. Unfortunately, however, they are not always totally helpful. One operative told me (incorrectly) that they were unable to put a note on the account to say I was expecting a transaction with xxxxxx, value approx. $, and the response to my most recent call was "I'll put a note on your account but I can't guarantee the transaction won't be blocked anyway". Grrr.

Wendy
ABguggi

Post by ABguggi »

Just estatic about Leonard Cohen coming to Atlanta, got 2 prime seats during pre-sale, just let the waiting begin, October is such a lovely month in Atlanta, and no better way to spend it than with a true poet. :D
sue7

Post by sue7 »

Thank you so so much, Jarkko... the presale worked out amazingly well!! My daughter and I got great seats for the Madison Square Garden show in the first minute of the presale. I am so excited...
Sue
nyny

Post by nyny »

hello,
i live in korea and planned to go to the madison square garden show. i was ready to buy when sales opened (ny time) but ticketmaster will not accept my username and password that was sent to me from this site.
i wanted to buy the the best seats, the 250 dollar ones.
i am now anxious i will end up with bad seats.
can anyone help me?
MarieM

Post by MarieM »

This site does not send out passwords.

You can find the password for the NY show here:

viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16353
Marie
Speaking Cohen
jlgerlach

Post by jlgerlach »

I can't find a seating chart for MSG that has row names on it. Anyone know how the lettering works? I have row M seats, Section 2. Are there double letter rows up front like most venues or is row M even closer than i thought?
CarolineM

Post by CarolineM »

jlgerlach wrote:I can't find a seating chart for MSG that has row names on it. Anyone know how the lettering works? I have row M seats, Section 2. Are there double letter rows up front like most venues or is row M even closer than i thought?
I have row M too :D (I had a row D but when I tried to complete the order I got a blank page with an error message and I lost my ticket :( but row M is great too :) )

I think it starts with A, not AA :
http://www.lynch68.com/entertainment/se ... tlarge.gif
Ottawa - May 25, 2009 / Ottawa - May 26, 2009 / NYC - October 23, 2009
whodean

Post by whodean »

I had a smooth experience with Ticketmaster, got ORCHLC, row H, seats 51-53 at the Fox Theatre in Atlanta!
da2008

Post by da2008 »

CarolineM wrote:
jlgerlach wrote:I can't find a seating chart for MSG that has row names on it. Anyone know how the lettering works? I have row M seats, Section 2. Are there double letter rows up front like most venues or is row M even closer than i thought?
I have row M too :D (I had a row D but when I tried to complete the order I got a blank page with an error message and I lost my ticket :( but row M is great too :) )

I think it starts with A, not AA :
http://www.lynch68.com/entertainment/se ... tlarge.gif

Here you go:

http://www.thegarden.com/media/content/ ... eating.pdf

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”