St Louis Concertgoers

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Lilifyre

Re: St Louis Concertgoers

Post by Lilifyre »

Hi to all St.Louis fans. (or those heading to St.Louis for the show)

It's not long now and we'll all be there to see THE MAN!!!!! I'm about to check out some places for a Meet-Up before the show. By my count, there are only about 6 people who have posted here besides myself who plan on being in St.Louis for the show. I figure some will bring significant others. At this point, I'll see about reservations for 10-12 people with the possibility of more. If anyone knows of any others planning on being there who want to join us, please either post here or PM me.

Is anyone interested in doing Brunch on Sunday? I've got a family thing happening later on Sunday and could skip the brunch thing unless there is definite interest...and I can count on people showing up.

Let me know ASAP what your plans are. I'm thinking probably the "Best Steak House" or "Pappy's Smokehouse" for the Meet-up. Both are very close to the Fox for those planning on using the MetroLink (light rail). We're down to less than 3 weeks now. Getting really excited!!!!!!!

Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

a place near the fox on concert night sounds great--why don't you pick a place and tell us when?

i'd be interested in a brunch sunday morning if it was in the downtown area.

thanks for taking the bull by the horns, lily!

bob from ann arbor
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre »

Dinner Meet Up before the show!!!

Ok, all you St.Louis fans. I have reserved the back room for us for a dinner meet up before the show at The Best Steak House. It's the closest to the Fox and comes very well recommended by my friends in the know. I reserved it for 5:30pm the day of the show, 11/7/09. That should give us plenty of time to eat and greet and talk about our favorite singer/songwriter.....ummmmmmmm, what's his name again???? ;-) :lol: It is reserved under my name, so ask for the Dodge Party when you get there. Based on what I've seen here on this thread, I reserved it for approximately 15 people. If it looks like there will be considerably more interested, let me know ASAP so I can let the restaurant know. Check out the restaurant's website below for details, directions, etc.

http://www.beststeakstl.com/

I haven't done anything about brunch on Sunday at this point. I'll be glad to get reservations if there is enough interest, but since I have a family gathering later on Sunday, I'm not 100% counting on brunch. My funds are a bit tight for this trip and most of the good brunch places in the area tend to be a bit pricey. But, I'm flexible, so let me know what you want to do.

It's getting close now and I'm getting really excited. This is my first (and probably only) time to see The Man! So Meet Me In St.Louie, Louie!"

Lili
Lili
"Well, that's my story
A 1000 kisses deep."
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

will meet you in st. louis, lili

but y r u calling me louis?

bob
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Hi Lili
Thanks for organising the meetup. I'm planning to travel from Ireland for the Nashville, St.Louis and SJ shows, so please count me in for the pre show dinner.

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
lennycohenfan

Post by lennycohenfan »

Hey there Lili!

I look forward to seeing you at dinner! Not sure about lunch the following day. I need to meet a couple I knew from Seoul in the mid-90s for dinner or brunch. Maybe I can convince them to have dinner with us, but if not, I will have to do brunch with them on Sunday.

I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to finally seeing THE MAN!

Be well and safe travels to your hometown!

Todd
St Louis 2009, Hydra Meet Up 2011, Memphis 2013
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre »

ONE MORE WEEK AND WE HEAR THE MAN LIVE AT THE FABULOUS FOX IN ST.LOUIS!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to meeting everyone at http://www.beststeakstl.com/ before the show. The back room is reserved for us under the name "Dodge" (my last name). Time of the meetup is 5:30 until show time. I'm very excited about this. It's my first concert in about 30 yrs. Those who have seen Leonard in other venues, I envy you. Got my black outfit all ready (no fedora :( ) My car's all serviced and ready for the trip. See y'all next week!
Lili
"Well, that's my story
A 1000 kisses deep."
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Lilifyre wrote:Time of the meetup is 5:30 until show time. I'm very excited about this. It's my first concert in about 30 yrs.
Thank you Lilifyre for organizing the dinner. We all appreciate it.

I wonder if you could change the reservation to an earlier time, perhaps 4:30 or 5:00pm?
Early Entry solely for the Forum fans to meet some of the band and attack the merch stand is at 6:30pm.

General admission is at 7:00 pm.

---Arlene
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre »

I wonder if you could change the reservation to an earlier time, perhaps 4:30 or 5:00pm?
Early Entry solely for the Forum fans to meet some of the band and attack the merch stand is at 6:30pm.
General admission is at 7:00 pm.
Sure thing, Arlene. I'll call the restaurant no later than Monday and make the change. Thanks also for the heas-up about the Early Entry. I wasn't aware of that. Sounds great! This is all new to me, so any other suggestions would be welcome. Like I said, I haven't been to a concert in about 30 yrs. I'm a bit out of the loop. :? The last time I attended a concert there was a blue haze in the place and people were passing around funny looking cigarettes ;-) :shock: during the show.

Btw, Arlene, I know you are going to multiple shows. Please PM me with you cell # and let me know if you'll have internet access while traveling.
Lili
"Well, that's my story
A 1000 kisses deep."
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre »

Dinner Meet Up before the show!!! UPDATE!!!!!

Ok, folks. I just spoke with the people at The Best Steak House....across the street from the Fabulous Fox. I moved our reservation to 4:30 pm on Sat, 11/07/09 so we can all eat and be at the venue in time for the early entry for fans. Getting really excited about this. Hope to see all of you there. The room at the restaurant is in my name...DODGE!

MEET ME IN ST.LOUIE :!: :lol:
Lili
"Well, that's my story
A 1000 kisses deep."
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Lilifyre wrote:Dinner Meet Up before the show!!! UPDATE!!!!!

Ok, folks. I just spoke with the people at The Best Steak House....across the street from the Fabulous Fox. I moved our reservation to 4:30 pm on Sat, 11/07/09 so we can all eat and be at the venue in time for the early entry for fans. Getting really excited about this. Hope to see all of you there. The room at the restaurant is in my name...DODGE!

MEET ME IN ST.LOUIE :!: :lol:
Super Duper! See you there and thanks for arranging this.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”