How to get from Las Vegas to San Jose

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ladydi

Re: How to get from Las Vegas to San Jose

Post by ladydi »

Southwest doesn't know what they're in for :D I'll bring my "Lyrics of Leonard Cohen" and we can have a singalong! ;-) 8) That is unless we all stay up so late in Vegas and we snooze the whole way!
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

That's wonderful news, Mary! :D :D
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Looking forward to finally meeting you Mary and everyone else - and meeting up with all the wonderful friends I've already made!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

Hi guys,

Just reading all your posts and the logistics of you all getting there! I live in Uk and when I heard he was doing Vegas then I knew I had to be there!!! I plan to fly into Vegas on the Wednesday so hope that I will be able to "gatecrash" and meet up with you guys! Am so excited and cant wait for tomorrow evening at 6.00 p.m. when I can buy my concert ticket!! ;-)
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Looking forward to meeting you Purple Princess. Are you doing San Jose also?
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

I wish I could Mary but sadly no. I have already booked my main vacation to Israel to see Leonard there so this is just an additional short break!!!! My baby brother lives in LA so I think my plan will be to spend two nights in Vegas, then go to visit him and his family for the weekend, and then return to Vegas on the Monday for two nights before flying back home! (And I will be going Northwest Airlines to LA!!!)
Look forward to meeting you all 8) :D
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

ladydi wrote:Southwest doesn't know what they're in for :D
Never mind Southwest. Heaven help any "ordinary" punters who innocently stray on to the 11.45 flight for SJC ... They certainly won't know what they are in for.

Mind you, I wonder if there will be any seats left for them?!

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Purple Princess,

Looking forward so much to meeting you in Las Vegas! It seems several of us are arriving in LV on Wednesday. Will you also be staying at Caesar's Palace, or perhaps you don't have a hotel yet. What a wonderful way to incorporate a concert of Leonard's with a visit to your brother in LA, and a stay in Vegas! And you will also be in Israel. That will be a concert to remember!

Good luck with the presale tomorrow! My palms are already sweating!

All the best,
Diana

oops, almost forgot this. You mentioned Northwest Airlines. I work for NWA and just a hint. We are now Delta Airlines. Your ticket will probably say Northwest but you'll not see any signage with Northwest on it, and most of the aircraft have already been painted. So when you go to check in....head to the Delta counter!
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Mabeanie1 wrote:Never mind Southwest. Heaven help any "ordinary" punters who innocently stray on to the 11.45 flight for SJC ... They certainly won't know what they are in for.

Mind you, I wonder if there will be any seats left for them?!

Wendy
:lol: :lol: So true! It will be interesting! But...the big question.....are you coming to LV and SJ? That would be so wonderful :D

All the best,
Diana
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Hi all,

I need some help here... I'll be joining you all for the Las Vegas and San Jose concerts, but I'm on a VERY tight schedule for this one... (I can leave Belgium on Tuesday evening the earliest and have to be back at my desk on Monday morning...)
I'll be flying in and back from/to Brussels airport. I guess San Fransisco is the easiest (and cheapest?) place to fly to, no? Although international flight to Las Vegas and return international flight from San Jose would be perfect...

Once I have pinned down my definite schedule, I'll let you all know! I would also like to share a place to sleep if possible. I'm traveling alone, have good manners and don't snore (I think). By the way: perhaps we could have rented a bus from LV to SJ !!! But I guess that's toO late now, since some of you have already booked flights...

Can anyone give me some advice on flights from Europe to either LV, SJ or SF...? Which airports have good international schedules, etc...

IMPORTANT: DO NOT MENTION THIS TRIP ON FACEBOOK, BECAUSE I WOULD PROBABLY HAVE TO CALL IN "ILL" FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS AND LOTS OF COLLEAGUE'S USE FACEBOOK TOO... NO-ONE CARES ABOUT THIS FORUM, SO NO PROBLEM HERE :roll:

Ideas are more than welcome!

Ideally it would be (for me):

WEDNESDAY
Flight from Brussels (morning) to Las Vegas (arriving late evening)
1 night in LV

THURSDAY
Concert #1
1 night in LV

FRIDAY
Flight from Las Vegas to San Jose (THE 11.45 one... :) )
Concert #2
1 night in SJ

SATURDAY
Flight from San Jose (morning) to Brussels (arriving Sunday morning)

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

ladydi wrote:But...the big question.....are you coming to LV and SJ? That would be so wonderful :D

All the best,
Diana

I certainly want to and my last 3 days' vacation time would just about cover it with the weekend added on. We'll see.

I guess there will be an empty seat on the 11.45 am flight to San Jose CA if I don't make it but $77 (the price had gone down by the time I was back online!) seemed like a reasonable price for a little insurance policy ....

Wendy
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Maarten wrote:Hi all,

I'll be flying in and back from/to Brussels airport. I guess San Fransisco is the easiest (and cheapest?) place to fly to, no? Although international flight to Las Vegas and return international flight from San Jose would be perfect...
Maarten

It's worth shopping around and exploring the schedules a little. If you do a "multi-city" search on something like Expedia, you will see that it should be possible to fly straight in to Las Vegas (LAS) then fly back out of San Francisco (SFO). Both BA and Virgin will let you do this out of the UK. SFO is, I believe, reasonably easy to get to from San Jose by a combination of Caltrain, BART and/or airport shuttle. Locals will be able to tell you more.

A word of warning: if Belgian prices work in the same way as UK ones, you will have to pay a King's Ransom (as in several K€) to fly back on Saturday. You have to stay Saturday night to get the best prices so your best bet would be to stay near the airport on Saturday night and catch a very early flight out on Sunday to arrive back in Europe Sunday night.

You see Diana - I have done my homework!

I have done quite a few overnight trips to the States, including the Beacon, where I've gone straight back in to the office from the airport the next day. The best advice is to keep as busy as possible and hit the double espressos if you find your eyelids drooping!! However, if you have to throw a "sickie" to make the trip, you can always claim that you are still suffering the after effects of the 'flu if you doze off!

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

This is getting more exciting every day!

Wendy...it will be wonderful to see you again and sort of full circle for me. I met you briefly at the Beacon at the first US concert this year and you'll hopefully be with us all at the last!

Maarten...fabulous! Our newest moderator will be there too! You may have already checked but I didn't think there were any international flights out of San Jose. There are many out of San Francisco which I think would be about 30-35 minutes from San Jose (someone from the Bay area would probably know better than me). At any rate I am sure someone would assist in getting you to SFO on the Saturday morning! Perhaps even an airport shuttle. In fact, if I don't stay over until Sunday, I will also be heading to SFO on the Saturday as flights to the east depart SJC at like 630am and after the Friday concert I KNOW I can't make it to the airport at that horrible hour. I will check out information on an airport shuttle and let you know tomorrow.

This is still a little less than 4 months away, and many concerts still in Europe and Israel and the US, but these final two concerts will be something to remember forever!

Diana
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Wendy...excellent! Between all of us we'll take care of Maarten! :D

ps..Maarten, the bus sounds like it would have been fun but unfortunately America is too big at times and we would probably never make it in time for the concert! I'm not even sure how the road crew will do this...they will probably drive all night!
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Thanks ladies!
For starters: I've just booked the 11.45 flight from LV to SJ!

Air Itinerary
Depart Nov 13 Fri Nonstop LAS-SJC 3853 Depart Las Vegas (LAS) at 11:45 AM
Arrive in San Jose (SJC) at 1:20 PM

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”