PRE-SALE INFORMATION

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Mabeanie1

Re: PRE-SALE INFORMATION

Post by Mabeanie1 »

MaryB wrote:Nevermind Lizzy, just practiced on Ft. Lauderdale and pulled up VIP 1st row. Are people not trying for the best available?
Don't say that Mary or I might end up having a look myself and buying a ticket!! And I just cannot travel to Ft Lauderdale as I am supposed to be in Cape Breton, Nova Scotia at the closing concert of the Celtic Colours Festival on that day (a tribute to the dear, recently departed Jerry Holland for those who know their Celtic fiddlers). Phew - Leonard Cohen and Celtic fiddles. I feel like a split personality these days!

Wendy
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

sue7 wrote: Good luck, DIana, for San Jose. I so wish I could be there, but I'll settle for NYC...
Sue
Thanks Sue...I'm starting to get the countdown jitters but don't think I'm as bad as last week with Las Vegas! And..even though it's over for Lizzy I can't go back and read her entries right now or it would probably set me right off :roll:

Congrats on NYC! I love concerts in NY and really wanted to go but the hotels were starting to add up! NY has so much energy...both during the concert and outside on the streets!

All the best,
Diana
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Lizzy!

Congrats on your fabulous Row A seat! If anyone deserves it, it's you!

XXOO

Sheila

PS I'll be trying for San Jose shortly. Same group as Montreal concert. I am quite nervous :shock:
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi everyone...

Not that I'm counting but it's 43 minutes to go ;-)

Mary, Leslie, Esther, Marsha, Bonnie, Sheila and Wendy,
Good luck to us all and may we all get front row seats!!! :D :D :D

Diana, with sweaty palms and a pounding heart.... 8)
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

ladydi wrote:Hi everyone...

Not that I'm counting but it's 43 minutes to go ;-)

Mary, Leslie, Esther, Marsha, Bonnie, Sheila and Wendy,
Good luck to us all and may we all get front row seats!!! :D :D :D

Diana, with sweaty palms and a pounding heart.... 8)

And if not front row seats, at least somewhere very close - together! It's getting close to blood, sweat, and I hope not tears time! Good Luck to all!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
IrishMar

Post by IrishMar »

Hope you all get your Wish LIst seats, thinking of your all, good luck :D

Marie
2008 DUB3 LDN Helsinki LDN Paris MAN
2009 NYC Boston Weybridge DUB4 Belfast Lisboa Bratislava Barcelona Chicago LV SJ
2010 Zagreb Sligo2 Berlin Ghent2 Firenze Marseille Katowice Bratislava Victoria Vancouver LV2
2012 Ghent2 A'dam2 Helsinki DUB4 Verona Paris2 Boston2
2013 NYC Brussels Prague Vienna Zurich MAN
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Thanks Marie,

That is so sweet of you! Wish you and Al could be with us....

Diana
tomsakic

Re: NYC fan club presale password announced on Facebook

Post by tomsakic »

Next time just post it.

It seems that this FB Page has nothing to do with SonyBMG. (It *surely* is not hosted by Leonard Cohen's office or any family member. Band members are indeed keeping their own FB pages, Sharon, Webbs, Dino...)
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

Now I go to get my umpteenth cup of coffee from the new pot I just brewed and discover all I had was hot water - forgot to pour the water in the brewing receptacle :oops: :roll: . Talk about stress!

And then, do I take the first choice given me :? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :?: Oh my!!!
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

...can't breathe...5 minutes to go...

Mary (the other one)
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

MaryB wrote:Now I go to get my umpteenth cup of coffee from the new pot I just brewed and discover all I had was hot water - forgot to pour the water in the brewing receptacle :oops: :roll: . Talk about stress!

And then, do I take the first choice given me :? :roll: :? :roll: :? :roll: :?: Oh my!!!
Actually, it does sound like your poured the WATER in to the brewing basket, it's the COFFEE you forgot... Stress indeed!
(Whatever you do, do not take the first choice if you do not like it. Better to compromise now than to regret later)
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
sturgess66

Post by sturgess66 »

OMG. Quelle expérience. :lol: :lol: :shock:

I was getting tickets for Philadelphia - Wachovia Center - the old Spectrum (that will cease to exist soon - Leonard's concert will be one of the last)!

The seating chart is vague - shows 3 blocks in front of the stage - but does not give you any idea of seat numbers (and there is no raised seating for the floor seats). I had called the venue three times in the last few days trying to get information about seat numbers - all to no avail. I was on the site for about one hour - submitting requests for "best seats available" - also got "expired" by the time I went to buy a few times! The sections across the front are 101, 102 and 103 and I never once saw anything available in Section 102 (center). I wanted a front row seat. The best choices that showed up ever were front row in section 101 (stage right), or rows 3 & 4 section 103 (stage left). I screwed up a couple of times and released row 1 and then was timed out with row 1 as well - kept hoping for the center section. I finally bought the Row 1 tickets in block 101, on the stage right side - still wondering about seats numbers.

I just called the venue again and asked about my seats - where the numbering started - and the woman was very nice but told me that that information would NOT be available (even to them) until the tickets went on sale to the public on Monday. I went through a routine of telling her that was "not right" - that fans were people too :lol: :lol: and were paying real money and their normal hefty fee - and she said that it definitely was something they could improve upon. :lol: In the past few days I had tried looking at other concerts but still could not find that information, and when I called, I was told that every concert was numbered differently.

Anyway - she suspected that my seats are in the front row - in front of the stage - but on the far stage right (or left from an audience point of view) - but STILL in front of the stage (not off to the side).

SO - I will be sitting on the "side of the angels" in the front row to see the amazing Leonard Cohen and his wonderful band of merry men and women - in Philadelphia - on October 22, 2009. :D :D :D :D

Thank you so much Jarrko (and anyone else involved) in arranging for good tickets to be available through the presale.

Good luck to all those waiting to buy! May the force be with you!

Now I can relax - um - can't I???

:lol: :lol: :lol:

p.s. Don't you just hate failing CAPTCHA?

(p.p.s. - I am trying to refrain from going back in there and checking available tickets to see if I "missed" anything! :lol: )
Last edited by sturgess66 on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

got a philly ticket w/o trouble..but extortion charges even WORSE than ticketmaster--almost 50% (!!) of ticket cost, including separate $3.50 charges for "delivery" (i.e. will call!) and for "order charge" on top of $14.25 fee charge, so a $46.50 ticket ended up at $67.75!! quelle swine!
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Congrats Linda! I might still show up in Philly, but if it happens it will be a last-minute thing. Waiting to see who scored front row in SJ...

Avi
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

OMG...I don't think I could survive any more of these days! :roll: :roll: :roll: Or my work colleagues.....they almost called EMS... :D

After 6 tries on TM, then receiving the page saying that nothing is left....I tried one last time and ended up on FLR Level 1, Row 2, and seat 3, which is way over to the right but that's okay!

How did everyone do??

Diana

Thank you Jarkko, AEG, Mr. Kory, and Leonard SOOOOOOOOO much!
Last edited by ladydi on Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”