The Fall Tour 2009 in USA now announced

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB

Re: The Fall Tour 2009 in USA

Post by MaryB »

KaimiK wrote: there's one place he's always wanted to visit and so it will be great for all of us!
Kelsey
Columbus, Ohio :razz: :D ? I'd welcome you and your family with open arms and even provide a reliable babysitter so that your husband can attend and discover the wonder of Leonard Cohen :D .
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
KaimiK

Post by KaimiK »

Aw, Mary - you're a sweetheart! See our RR thread for all our info - don't want to bore everyone else with our details!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
Robin

Post by Robin »

Well, I'm really excited for everyone in the USA who will get to see these shows, but I'm more than a little concerned for Leonard's well-being.

Leonard is already starting to tire, I saw him last week in Liverpool, and I really think AEG should quit adding dates now. Enough already.

Maarten - that final San Jose show will be my 54th birthday!
malteseowner

Post by malteseowner »

YEAH!! I can't believe I couldn't get tickets to his 2 NYC shows. I've seen Leonard countless times since the early 70's; he played a 'coffee house' called The Main Point outside of Philadelphia - very small place where I could almost touch him. On the Future tour, he even signed "the Future" cd and 3 of his poetry books. I remember Rebecca DeMornay being upset that the fans on the street where I saw him before the concert didn't pay any attention to her. Is there a code for presale or do I just call ticketmaster? PS check out LC's twitter page. He even responded to my tweet. Ah, Leonard you just get better as you age. Lorraine
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Last edited by donalagata on Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bromo

Post by Bromo »

I don't know if has been covered already, and I see someone above asked about it....does anyone know how to get the pre sale code? I am interested in the New York City show in particular.

Thank you,
Thomas
brightnow

Post by brightnow »

Bromo wrote:I don't know if has been covered already, and I see someone above asked about it....does anyone know how to get the pre sale code? I am interested in the New York City show in particular.

Thank you,
Thomas
If the earlier 2009 concerts are anything to go by, the codes will be posted here in this section of the forum at the exact time that the pre-sale starts. It will be right at the top, you won't be able to miss it.
Columbia May 11, 2009; Boston May 29, 2009; Durham November 3, 2009; Las Vegas December 10 & 11, 2010; Austin November 1, 2012; Boston December 15, 2012; Brooklyn December 20, 2012
honeyrose

US Fall Tour 2009

Post by honeyrose »

Spotted this on the internet yesterday in the Tampa Times.

"In possibly the least expected concert announcement of the year, Leonard Cohen will perform at the St. Pete Times Forum on Oct. 19.

The show, part of a 15-date fall tour of the United States, was announced by publicist Scoop marketing and promoter AEG Live.

The singer-songwriter best known for songs such as "Suzanne," a hit for Judy Collins, has been playing live more in recent years, in part due to being wiped out financially by a former business manager, according to a recent New York Times story.

Cohen's not a prolific recording artist – only 11 albums beginning with 1967's "Songs of Leonard Cohen" – but he's won a devoted audience of fans including fellow performers such as Richard Thompson, R.E.M. and U2's Bono.

Tickets prices were not announced."
ratcub

Re: The Fall Tour 2009 in USA now announced

Post by ratcub »

Any possiblity that for those of us who had the original Red Rocks show, and would have sat through snow, sleet, wind, rain, wildfires to see the show, but were unable to stay for the rescheduled show,.. any possiblity for an even-earlier-special-presale-code for the fall tour to make up for the travel time, air fare, hotel room, rental car, rain panchos, sweat shirts, sadness in our hearts to get as good of seats as we had at Red Rocks but had to turn back?? lol!!!

Actually really pleased that I'll have an opportunity to see Mr Cohen this November...
Rain

Re: US Fall Tour 2009

Post by Rain »

Regarding the Fall 2009 Tour......There is a discrepency as to the tour date of Oct 27th The Leonard Cohen Files says it's the Palace Theater in COLUMBUS, OHIO. LeonardCohen.com says it's the Palace Theater in ALBANY, NY. If this has already been discussed, I apologize :oops: ...I just didn't see it posted anywhere else...but I'm at work and didn't have time to look thoroughly.....Can someone research this and find out which location is scheduled for 27 Oct? Thanks!

***I have the correct information here and at the Files. It is Columbus, Ohio. AEG had two wrong cities on their website, and Sony copied them, too. All entries on my list are correct, and this was again confirmed tonight by AEG. They try to get their errors corrected by tomorrow / Jarkko ***
dmtteol

Post by dmtteol »

Hello all, I am new here but happy I found my way. Even happier thinking that my dream of hearing ~Leonard Live~ is a great possibility. I can hardly believe that he is coming to Columbus. My deepest thanks to this forum! Sharon
MaryB

Re: US Fall Tour 2009

Post by MaryB »

Rain wrote:Regarding the Fall 2009 Tour......There is a discrepency as to the tour date of Oct 27th The Leonard Cohen Files says it's the Palace Theater in COLUMBUS, OHIO. LeonardCohen.com says it's the Palace Theater in ALBANY, NY. If this has already been discussed, I apologize :oops: ...I just didn't see it posted anywhere else...but I'm at work and didn't have time to look thoroughly.....Can someone research this and find out which location is scheduled for 27 Oct? Thanks!

***I have the correct information here and at the Files. It is Columbus, Ohio. AEG had two wrong cities on their website, and Sony copied them, too. All entries on my list are correct, and this was again confirmed tonight by AEG. They try to get their errors corrected by tomorrow / Jarkko ***
I called the Palace Theater box office yesterday, and yes indeedy, he is scheduled to play the Palace Theater, Columbus, Ohio on October 27! :D
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

dmtteol wrote:Hello all, I am new here but happy I found my way. Even happier thinking that my dream of hearing ~Leonard Live~ is a great possibility. I can hardly believe that he is coming to Columbus. My deepest thanks to this forum! Sharon
Sharon,

My deepest heartfelt welcome goes out to a fellow Columbus resident! Hope you stay, contribute and enjoy this lovely place.

Best regards,
Mary

(P.S. I have sent you a PM)
dmtteol

Post by dmtteol »

Thanks for the warm welcome Mary. There has to be other Leonard Cohen fans from Columbus out there? Come on Columbus, speak up! See ya at "The Palace."
lennycohenfan

Post by lennycohenfan »

You have made my year, or even decade! Now, which show, or shows do I attend? I am thinking St Louis is a must even though it is a further drive than Nashville for me. The Fox Theater looks like a great place to see the man, the myth, the legend of Leonard Cohen! I am STOKED!
St Louis 2009, Hydra Meet Up 2011, Memphis 2013

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”