The Fall Tour 2009 in USA now announced

October 17 - November 13, 2009. Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
da2008

Re: The Fall Tour 2009 in USA

Post by da2008 »

Thank you Jarkko!! Is there any chance more dates will be added, say in New York or Chicago?

***No, we have the complete list now / Jarkko***
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

Is anybody going to Cleveland?
CarolineM

Post by CarolineM »

yay! more concerts! :D

but no dates in Canada? not even Montreal? :cry:

anyway, I'll try to go to NYC :razz:
Ottawa - May 25, 2009 / Ottawa - May 26, 2009 / NYC - October 23, 2009
da2008

Post by da2008 »

anneporter wrote:Is anybody going to Cleveland?
I hope to be there
astranger

Post by astranger »

This is the moment I've been waiting for. I missed him on the first US leg, ironically he was playing where I used to live and I couldn't make it. I'm only an hour from Durham and a few hrs or so from Asheville and Atl. I am having a small meltdown! In the best way! The pre-sale is for forum members, right? :roll:

***Right. / Jarkko***
Jake.........Durham, NC 11-3-09; Brooklyn, NY 12-20-12
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

jarkko wrote:Sorry for being late with the announcement - I am on the road and surprisingly could not get connected - had to drive to a gas station to find a hotspot there!
This sounds perfect for a Hollywood script. Let's have a contest for, "Who should play Jarkko?"
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

Here is the official press release
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Due-to-Ov ... l?x=0&.v=1

Due to Overwhelming Demand Leonard Cohen's Acclaimed 2009 World Tour Returns to North America
Rave Reviews & Sold-Out Concerts Spark Final Leg

Tickets on Sale Beginning August 3, 2009

Press Release
Source: AEG Live
On Wednesday July 22, 2009, 7:30 am EDT
Buzz up! 0 Print.LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--To the delight of his legions of fans, Leonard Cohen will once again return to the U.S. this fall for the final leg of his critically acclaimed 2009 World Tour. Since taking the stage earlier this year at New York’s Beacon Theatre—his first stateside performance in more than fifteen years—Mr. Cohen has enchanted audiences, earning rave reviews and sold-out concerts across the globe. The highly anticipated 15-date trek kicks off October 17th at BankAtlantic Center in Ft. Lauderdale, FL and culminates on November 13th in San Jose, CA, which is the fourth Northern California date of the tour. Tickets for the newly added concerts will go on sale beginning Monday, August 3, 2009. Additional tour information is available at http://www.LeonardCohen.com and http://www.AEGLive.com.

While the acclaimed singer/songwriter/poet is currently dazzling crowds across Europe, his fall return to the U.S. will mark the final engagements of the intimate, superbly crafted concert tour. Encore performances have been added in a number of cities, including New York for a fourth and final show; Philadelphia for one of the last concerts ever at the soon-to-be-closed Wachovia Spectrum; as well as a third concert in Chicago, IL.

The second North American leg will extend Cohen’s phenomenal series of concerts, which have been overwhelmingly received both at home and abroad. Countless five-star reviews have followed the tour across the UK, Europe, Australia and New Zealand. As the London Daily Telegraph plainly stated, it is "an extraordinary night of music," while the UK’s Champion Newspapers remarked that concertgoers “were more reverential to the great man…and appeared to hang on his every word.” The Liverpool Daily Post stated that Cohen “seemed to be more a man worshipping than simply singing hits…the care with which he shaped, uttered and offered each word gave the song a sacred, prayer-like quality.”

Mr. Cohen’s current band features Sharon Robinson and the Webb Sisters (background vocals), Roscoe Beck (musical director & bass), Neil Larsen (keyboards & Hammond B3 accordion), Bob Metzger (electric, acoustic & pedal steel guitar), Javier Mas (bandurria, laud, archilaud, 12-string acoustic guitar), Rafael Gayol (drums, percussion), Dino Soldo (sax, clarinet, dobro, keys).

In conjunction with the tour, Columbia Records released Leonard Cohen's Live In London on March 31, 2009. The CD and DVD release contains a musical chronicle of the legendary musician's historic July 17, 2008 concert at London's O2 arena.

Leonard Cohen 2009 North American Tour – Second Leg

Sat, Oct 17, 2009 Ft. Lauderdale, FL BankAtlantic Center
Mon, Oct 19, 2009 Tampa, FL St. Pete Times Forum
Tue, Oct 20, 2009 Atlanta, GA Fox Theatre
Thu, Oct 22, 2009 Philadelphia, PA The Wachovia Spectrum
Fri, Oct 23, 2009 New York, NY Madison Square Garden
Sun, Oct 25, 2009 Cleveland, OH Allen Theatre
Tue, Oct 27, 2009 Columbus, OH Palace Theatre
Thu, Oct 29, 2009 Chicago, IL Rosemont Theatre
Sun, Nov 01, 2009 Asheville, NC Thomas Wolfe Auditorium
Tue, Nov 03, 2009 Durham, NC Durham Performing Arts Center
Thu, Nov 05, 2009 Nashville, TN Tennessee Performing Arts Center (Andrew Jackson Hall)
Sat, Nov 07, 2009 St. Louis, MO Fox Theatre
Mon, Nov 09, 2009 Kansas City, MO The Midland by AMC
Thu, Nov 12, 2009 Las Vegas, NV The Colosseum® at Caesars Palace®
Fri, Nov 13, 2009 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose

About AEG Live

AEG Live, the live-entertainment division of Los Angeles-based AEG, is dedicated to all aspects of live contemporary music performance. AEG Live is comprised of touring, festival, exhibition, broadcast, merchandise and special event divisions, fifteen regional offices, and thirty state-of-the-art venues. The company is currently producing tours and productions including Bette Midler “The Showgirl Must Go On” and Cher at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, and The Color Purple. The concert tour roster includes artists such as Taylor Swift, Leonard Cohen, Bon Jovi, Celine Dion, Hannah Montana, Britney Spears, Kenny Chesney, Paul McCartney and American Idols Live. AEG Live is the largest producer of music festivals in North America from the critically acclaimed Coachella Music & Arts Festival to Stagecoach and New Orleans Jazz & Heritage Festival. For more information, go to http://www.aeglive.com.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
Maarten

Post by Maarten »

Fri, Nov 13, 2009 San Jose, CA HP Pavilion at San Jose
Leonard Cohen's final concert on my 32nd birthday... How in the world am I going to get there...? Mmmm....

Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
Purple Princess

Post by Purple Princess »

I saw Bette Midler at Ceasers Palace in April this year. The concert was amazing and I said at the time how my dream would be to see Leonard there and now it is announced today that he will be!! I am speechless!!! I dont think the news has sunk in yet!!
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
LopezMccauley

Post by LopezMccauley »

Excited here too --but was hoping for a return to Boston -- The Citi Wang was a perfect venue.

Guess we are off to NYC....
goldstei

Post by goldstei »

Can we get some details on the pre-sale, coming up in a week in some places? Will there be passwords or some other special way to qualify? Sales from the usual (ugh!!) ticketmaster sites?
Dumbjaw

Post by Dumbjaw »

I am also anxiously awaiting pre-sale information. I will be there at the Spectrum show, no question about it! I can't believe this will be my third time this year seeing Leonard Cohen after waiting patiently for fifteen years. Patience truly paid off this time.
Lilifyre

Post by Lilifyre »

I just heard today about the extended tour in the US. I tried to get ticket info for the St.Louis show...clicked on the appropriate link...but have run into a dead end. The ticket dealer had no information about the show. It was NOT listed anywhere on their site. Please don't tell me that the tickets are sold out already. I REALLY REALLY WANT TO ATTEND THIS SHOW!!!!! I will beg, borrow, or steal the money for the tickets if I have to. PLEASE give me advice on my next step!

Lili aka Sally Dodge
Lili
"Well, that's my story
I admit it's broken and it's bleak
But all the twisted pieces fit
A 1000 kisses deep."
imaginary friend

Post by imaginary friend »

Lillifyre,

Tickets not on sale until July 30 – don't panic!
07-Nov-09 St Louis, Missouri
Fox Theatre
Pre-sale: July 30, 10 am
Public sale: Aug 3, 10 am
Seller: Metro Tix
:D
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

NASHVILLE! MY heart is about to BURST!

Return to “The Fall 2009 Tour in USA”