Does Leonard every come here and read the posts?

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
debbyandhenk

Does Leonard every come here and read the posts?

Post by debbyandhenk »

HI

I'm a fairly new Leonard Cohen fan, while my boyfriend has been a Cohen fan for years and years.

I went to my very first Leonard Cohen concert at the age of 50 in Edmonton , Alberta...this year.

He blew my socks off....it was the best concert I've ever been too.

I know today is his 75th birthday....and was very concerned when I heard he had fainted at his concert in Spain.

I hope he's feeling much better and was thinking this would be a great place to visit when one was
feeling well to see what his fans had to say and maybe even reply.

I think I would faint if I ever got to meet Leonard one on one...and forsure would be crazy like if I knew he personally responded to a post....Leonard has some kind of incrediable ability to reach out and touch his fans from across the universe....

Please be well Leonard...Henk and I both love your music and respect you as an artist and a person very much.

We truly do care about your well being...

Hugs....from Henk and Debby

Edmonton, Alberta
Canada
debbyandhenk

Re: Does Leonard every come here and read the posts?

Post by debbyandhenk »

Oh :oops: ;-) :lol: :? :) :D :lol: 8)

HAPPY HAPPY 75th BIRTHDAY

Plain and simple...just like me and Henk

HAPPY HAPPY Birthday to you

We hope you're feeling much better and we hope your enjoyed your special day.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Hi Debby ~

Welcome to the Forum :D . To be sure that Leonard reads your posting wishing him a Happy 75th Birthday, you may want to repeat it in the thread that Jarkko initiated for us to pass on our happy birthday wishes. I have a feeling that Leonard doesn't have the time to come and peruse the Forum, especially since it's become so Huge with people and postings... so he may miss it, unless you move it. I know you want to know he read it, and that's the Only way you can be sure. Jarkko passes the thread on to him... and he generally writes a single posting thanking all of us, which Jarkko then posts for him. I'm certain that he will be sure to thank us, again, this year. He has confirmation of so Many fans all around the world. Our birthday greetings are a tradition that's been going on here for years... and we look forward to September so we can take part.

I'm so glad that you were able to see him and fell in love with him in the same way that we are.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Leanne1987uk

Post by Leanne1987uk »

Well I am writing on behalf of my Mother who has just discovered Leonard Cohens wonderful and amazing talent. She warmed to him the moment she heard him on Tv only months ago and now she has his Concert DVD at the 02 and the Album Dear Heather. We were both shocked to hear about his bout of illness and wish him well and heard he is making a speedy recovery. It would be nice if he did a UK tour one day and came to Sheffield as my Mum would absolutley love to go to one of his concerts just to get the experience. Well Leonard if you ever read these comments we wish you well and also have a nice day today and we love your songs and you are an inspiration and have alot of love we can see that. You are a true Star and always will be. All the best with love Leanne
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Dear Leanne ~

Welcome to the Forum :D . For just this moment, I've only come to say that I'm sorry to see that you and your Mum have discovered Leonard so 'late' ~ over the past year-and-a-half, he has performed at many venues in the U.K. Who knows when he'll pass that way again :? . I hope the two of you will somehow manage to see him somewhere and I'm happy you've found him :) .

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”