The final poster

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
jeremek

Re: The final poster

Post by jeremek »

Friends !

Is it possible to get to know at least your names? Of course I already recognize some fans. But it is a determined minority. whether is it real ?

I am greeting everyone
Beata
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Dear Laura, Marie and everybody else, working on this beautiful poster.

I'm so happy for the result, it looks wonderful. I would so much have loved to be in Barcelona at Leonard's birthday, but unfortunately I can't go. You must tell us here, what he said, when receiving the poster. Oh yes, and I'm also, of course, confirming the presence of my photograph on it.

Thank you so much for this idea and all your work!

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

WOW! I've just seen the poster now as being incredibly busy (good busy) lately. It is absolutely BEAUTIFUL & I'm gonna get it printed tomorrow! I'm so honoured to be a part of it in celebration of our wonderful Leonard. Thank you so much for all you hard work Laura, Pam, Marie and Linda!
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Gwen's Leonard Cohen Journey: http://myleonardcohenjourney.wordpress.com/

"I did my best, it wasn't much"
clionamhic

Post by clionamhic »

I just want to add my sincere thanks to all who put so much work into the poster - the result is well worth the effort. Its beautiful and it was lovely to find my photo smiling back at me. I'm sure Leonard will love it.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Dear Amrei,

This has nothing to do with the poster...or anything else. You are so wonderful and amazing. I doubt that most people realize that a glitch occured today and you missed your ferry, which made you miss your flight to Barcelona. Not one mention of this from you on any threads. I know you must be incredibly broken-hearted but your posts have all been so lovely and positive...not one mention of your sadness. Just wanted to say how awesome I think you are!

You have touched my heart Amrei...

All the best,
Diana
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, no, Amrei :shock: :cry: ! I'm praying for you that you will find an alternative way to make it happen for you. If not, we'll be crying with you... albeit, you seem to be doing it privately.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

So sorry to hear that. Fingers crossed you sort something out x
2009 Dublin 2010 Lissadell Katowice LV x2 2012 Ghent x2 Dublin x4 Montreal x2 Toronto x2 2013 New York x2 Brussels Dublin x2

Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Thank you all for your concern and thank you, Diana, for the lovely things you wrote :oops: :)

Yes, I am very sad because I couldn't go - but the relief about Leonard feeling better and that nothing serious happened was much bigger.

I wish you all a wonderful evening with a hopefully full recovered Leonard.

When you come back, you must tell me all the details, also from yesterday night. :razz:

Sincerely, Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
musicmania

Post by musicmania »

I got the mosaic printed today in work as we have a dedicated print area. The largest they can do is a little bigger than A3 & I must say it looks AMAZING! I even managed 2 find a beautiful gold & blue edged frame which fits it almost perfectly! It has pride of place in my living room.

DrDeborahBarry

Post by DrDeborahBarry »

This is a WONDERFUL poster!
The whole concept is wonderful - from start to finish!

My congratulations to all involved.

(sheepishly, I hadn't been on the forum in a while, and didn't think to look at the birthday stuff before September 21. Thus, while I LOVE the idea, I didn't get my own pic in!)
I really like the idea of having pics instead of just avatars. I like being able to put a face to a personality!
~Deborah
Dr Deborah Barry
Personal Development Therapist

http://www.DrDeborahBarry.com
gilly-rjd

Post by gilly-rjd »

Please could somebody give me very simple step-by-step instructions as to how I can get the mosaic enlarged, printed for framing??
Thanks!
Gilly
- 2008 - Birmingham - 2009 -Liverpool - 2010 - Sligo, Lille
2012 -Guent, Paris - 2013 Bournemouth, Manchester, Birmingham
tomsakic

Post by tomsakic »

It's in the very first message:
jarkko wrote:Click here to see it: http://cohen.1g.fi/kuvat/Poster/ray+of+ ... +final.jpg

If you want to have it in original size (11 MB), just click on "View original picture" under
the poster. Then copy and paste it to your photo editor. You may save it, or see it in any
size on your screen (or even have a poster printed for yourself at a local photo lab)!
mutti

Post by mutti »

Hi Tom
RE: the poster..what is a photo editor?
I am not clear what to do once I copy and paste?
I have a Mac so not sure if there is a photo editor on it?
any ideas anyone..
thanks
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
Laura

Post by Laura »

A photo editor is any kind of program that edits (or just sees) photos. ;-)
You know that you have one if, when you click on a jpg photo, it opens. The program that opens it will probably be your photo-editor.

Unfortunately, I know absolutely nothing about Macs; how do you usually do if you want to save a photo from the net?! (don't tell me you never wanted to save a photo?) On Windows, I right-click on the photo, I get a menu, from which I chose "save", and I save the file someplace... The file will be a jpg file. Don't even need a photo-editor.

Laura
susanne30072009

Post by susanne30072009 »

It's a really great Birthday - Gift for Leonard from all of you. I really totally missed it, unfortunally. I hope, everybody was having a great Time in Barcelona, i wished, i could be there, really. What an experience! Is it possible to get the Name from one who is on the Poster? I talked with a german Lady from Munich at the Concert last year in Zürich. She was then at her 5th Cohen-Concert. My girlfriend and I flew to Madrid at the 12th of Sept. 2009 for the Concert. We was way too early in the Building, we was sitting in the 6th frontrow. And at the 3th row, the German Lady from Munich was there too. What a lucky coincident. We talked a little bit, Bob Metzger cames by to say hello to her. And then the Concert starting. And we have forgotten to gave each other the adress. Maybe i can go in touch with you now? Your picture is at the 13th row from the upper end, the 8th from the left side. I know, that you going to Tel Aviv, at your 21th Leonard Cohen-Concert. I wished, i could do the same, but i have to work. I wish you all a great Time and keep the Memories from this Experiences in your Hearts.

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”