The final poster

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
jarkko
Site Admin

The final poster

Post by jarkko »

The birthday poster that was the winner of the poll is now ready!

I received the final photo file from Laura today and uploaded it to the Gallery pages.
Click here to see it: http://cohen.1g.fi/kuvat/Poster/ray+of+ ... +final.jpg

If you want to have it in original size (11 MB), just click on "View original picture" under
the poster. Then copy and paste it to your photo editor. You may save it, or see it in any
size on your screen (or even have a poster printed for yourself at a local photo lab).

Thanks to Laura, Pam, Marie and Linda and all the others who worked so hard to create
the poster, and to all members who sent their photos!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Stamatina

Re: The final poster

Post by Stamatina »

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! :D :D :D :D WELL DONE!!! :D
"Oh chosen love, Oh frozen love
Oh tangle of matter and ghost
Oh darling of angels, demons and saints
And the whole broken-hearted host
Gentle this soul..."
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Fabulous! What a magnificent poster and what a magnificent mosaic this will be! What fun looking at everyone's beautiful faces...those you know and those you don't.

Many, many thanks once again to Laura, Pam, Marie and Linda! Leonard will LOVE this!

All the best,
Diana
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Terrific :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Thank you Laura, Pam, Marie and Linda for your creativity and hard work.

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

There has been also some discussion to open a permanent Gallery for member photos here on the Forum
(everyone could send their photo). It would be a long thread with nothing else than the photos
(with some basic information the members want to give). What do you think???
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
surrender

Post by surrender »

A lot of thanks to the whole team!

And Jarkko - what about to create a space for photo in user's profile?
1988: Amsterdam 1993: Nijmegen 2008: Amsterdam|Oberhausen 2009: Cologne|Antwerp|Barcelona 2010: Ghent (8/20-21-22)|Lille
2012: Ghent (8/12)|Amsterdam (8/21-22)|Verona|Lisboa 2013: Antwerp|Brussels|Rotterdam|Amsterdam

After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music...
(Aldous L. Huxley)
joyezekiel

Post by joyezekiel »

FANTASTIC!!! :D :D :D

And I think the idea of a permanent gallery is great too.
1976 Leicester 2008 London O2/Cardiff 2009 NYC/Austin/Weybridge/Nashville 2010 Ghent x 2/Las Vegas x 2 2012 Ghent x 2/Austin/Montreal/Quebec City/Boston x 2 2013 Memphis/New Orleans/Winnipeg/Birmingham/London O2/Amsterdam/Auckland
Pete

Post by Pete »

Brilliant!!!! Brilliant!!!! Brilliant!!!!
1974: Brighton Dome 1976: Birmingham Town Hall 1993: London RAH 2008: Manchester Opera House, London O2, Matlock Bandstand, Birmingham NEC 2009: Liverpool Echo Arena 2013 Birmingham
confetti

Post by confetti »

that is fantastic, really lovely. :D :D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
sue7

Post by sue7 »

It is beautiful! A sincere and heartfelt thank you to Laura, Pam, Marie and Linda, and anyone else who worked on this. So many hours of hard work went into it... I'm so happy to be a part of it.
Many thanks,
Sue
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

What a wonderful gift for Leonard. Many thanks to all of those who worked on and created such a beautiful poster. A lovely idea and most precious gift for Leonard.
donalagata
honey604

Post by honey604 »

Jarkko..

Beautiful poster! All of you who worked so hard on this project have this wonderful piece as your reward, and the knowledge that you put your hearts and talents into doing something unique for this special man's birthday. I'm sure Leonard will be pleased.

I have pored over the poster several times and still can't find my picture! Were all the submitted pictures used?

Honey604
mutti

Post by mutti »

What a beautiful poster!!! Incredibly perfect...thank you so much all of you who worked so hard to make this work of love and art!
wow!
I see that it says slideshow but I can't seem to get it to work..is there someway to see each photo closeup?

Again I am thrilled to see the end result and I find it absolutely beautiful...
such a great gift...many thanks :D
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
LisaLCFan

Post by LisaLCFan »

Wonderful! Thanks, all you creative ones who made this poster possible! So many loving faces for Leonard to look at!

And, yes, I also like the permanent gallery idea!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

The poster is, indeed, beautiful! I was very happy to see Leonard's logos in blue, rather than orange [thanks for that, Laura] and to see the orange as more of a reddish-orange than orange. I love that lyric you appropriately selected and highlighted the group-relevant part of it. The poster is beautiful, Laura, Pam, Marie, and Linda. Well done. It looks to have been a painstaking project. Leonard will be so happy to receive such a thoughtful and lovely gift.

Ohhh, Honey604, I haven't commented on a whole bunch of photos, yet; those that were posted in the thread here. You're so lovely, and I've looked for you four times and I can't find you, either. It looks like the program cut off and now, maybe, like it cut out some, as well... or at least one :cry: . I see repeats of some and no repeats of others, as though some of the repeats may be beneath the band. I remember someone saying that the program auto-repeats the photos, and I'm seeing where that was done. When did you submit your photo? Did you get a confirmation of it? I just don't know what to say to you. I want to console or commisserate, but I don't know what to say. You ought to be there, Honey604, and I'm so sorry to see that you're not.

I, too, strongly favour a permanent gallery [though photos with our profiles seems like a good one, too... though, that may take up more space than a gallery would].

Love,
Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”