The final poster

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
Wybe
Site Admin

Re: The final poster

Post by Wybe »

Woh, Ken thats wonderful.
I have also a big one from Henning, maybe it fits between the Dylan posters. :lol:
Henning and LC
Henning and LC
Paula, it's on special paper.

Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
Laura

Post by Laura »

Wow, Wybe and everyone else with printing intentions! I'm very impressed to see how used is the poster I made.
I am kind of sad to see the decorated tree. I don't intend to make a tree this year, and I'm wishing every day and with all my heart for Christmas to disappear (and while we're at that, I don't want any New Year either! That's even worse). Apparently wishing doesn't work. :-(

Laura
Last edited by Laura on Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
margaret

Post by margaret »

Laura wrote:Wow, Wybe and everyone else with prinnting intentions! I'm very impressed to see how used is the poster I made.
I am kind of sad to see the decorated tree. I don't intend to make a tree this year, and I'm wishing every day and with all my heart for Christmas to disappear (and while we're at that, I don't want any New Year either! That's even worse). Apparently wishing doesn't work. :-(

Laura
There are a number of us here who hate Christmas. We no longer decorate a tree and try to ignore all the commercial hype. The sooner it is over the better and we can look forward to another concert and a trip to Poland!
Paula

Post by Paula »

I agree Laura and Margaret I hate Christmas I hate the hype truthfully the only people who like Christmas are retailers selling us crap at inflated prices
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
Laura

Post by Laura »

I don't exactly mind the hype (it's getting worse here too, but I suppose it's not so bad yet as in the more civilised countries). What I mind is being alone. What I mind are the memories (I was the one decorating the tree, and I used to love that... long ago). What I mind is to see a year going away that I wasted, and not have any better hopes for the new one. Why would I hope? I had hopes every New Year that was coming, and they never became true. And what I really, really mind is to be forced to enjoy that! Why?! Don't you wish me Merry Christmas, when you are surrounded by your family and you don't know how it really is to be alone. Yes, envy is not a good feeling, but... I just don't think it's fair.

Laura
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Wow! Willy and Wybe, I love your posters and your photo. And Ken.... your wall is a work of art :) By the way Ken,I wonder why Henning is looking so miserable in that photograph, do you think his winklepickers were hurting him? :lol: :lol:

I got a great surprise from my boss today, yea I had to work Sunday :) . When he came in, he said he had a christmas present for me and he handed me a fabulous limited edition ( only 10) photograph of Leonard taking in the O2 in Dublin by one of Irelands top photographers! It came with a certificate of authenticity and signed by the photographer.

I asked him was it a gift for all the mistakes I make in work and he said , he would talk about those tomorrow :)

Here are pics but I do not think they capture how gorgeous it is.

I love it.

He was never a Leonard fan but received 2 free tickets from the owner of the O2 as he gets his glasses from us and my boss came in to work the day after and said to me, it was the gig of his lifetime, the best he has ever seen , then he went out and bought all Leonards albums :)

Tinders
Attachments
Leonard in Dublin
Leonard in Dublin
certificate for limited edition print
certificate for limited edition print
Last edited by tinderella on Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

And while we are all showing off our prints, here is the small poster I got from Henning in Berlin............. I am running out of wall space now.
Attachments
Leonard on Tour
Leonard on Tour
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

Hi All
A friend had this done for me. I think its good and it covers a lot of my entrance wall.
100_0384.jpg
Simple but effective
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Wjibe
Now that's what I call a poster...it looks like the photo was taken during the Green Note meet up and someone has PhotoShopped Big Ben into the background...and was the photo of a rather handsome looking Henning taken in the best music club west of Moscow in that little town of Wetzlar home of Goethe?

Bernie
Beautiful picture ...that's some boss you have got yourself there..I would hang on to that job no matter if only for the Christmas presents...it's starting to look like you are turning your home into a shrine...great idea but wrong artiste..as for Henning..in my experience that's about as happy as he gets these days unless he sees some old person fall flat on their face and then he really does break out into waves of hilarity..but that's why we all love him so much.

I have just the one Cohen poster which is from the New York Event here in my little attic room where I have my computer....I blue tacked it on to the wall a few years ago but it fell off a couple of months ago and it's still lying just by my feet under some rubbish on the floor waiting to be put back up. ....ta ken
pos6.jpg
Last edited by liverpoolken on Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Dear Laura,

I understand how you are feeling, but really, there is always hope - I would not have believed that mysef a very short while ago, but still, it is true!
Until you hopefully come to see this again for yourelf, too, there is a wonderful story you might want to read by German writer Wolfgang Borchert (he died at a very young age in the late 1940s), called "Hinter den Fenstern ist Weihnachten" - "Behind the windows, it is Christmas". I don't know whether you read German, if not, it should be possible to find it in English as well... Might be that this "alternative" Christmas story is something you could find appealing in one way or the other right now.

Tinds, Ken and Wijbe, love your posters; but I have long run out of space to put up any more myself, so looking at yours is fine, while getting more myself is not..
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Wybe
Site Admin

Post by Wybe »

Ken, you have a 100% score, this time no CD.

Tinderella, you have a wonderful boss en pictures

Daveeliver, that a nice entry.

Strange hobby we have,
Wijbe
2008 -- Brugge, Amsterdam, London, Berlin, Helsinki, Oberhausen, Rotterdam -- 2008
2009 -- Antwerpen, Venice, Barcelona .-- 2009
2010 -- 2 x Gent, Lille, 2x Las Vegas, -- 2010
2012 -- Gent, 2 x Amsterdam, Dublin, Verona -- 2012
2013 -- Pula, Rotterdam -- 2013
-- +++ https://www.icantforget.nl -- +++
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Tinderella

The picture is beautiful with Leonard. :D
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks Leonka :)
Ken , if that is the rubbish on your floor........... I would love a good root through your bins :)
LEONKA

Post by LEONKA »

Wybe

also have a beautiful poster with Leonard I swoon. 8) ;-)

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”