Happy Birthday, Leonard!

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
dina

Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard!

Post by dina »

leonard, old buddy, old pal, just want to send you big thanks, and big love and hey, take care. keep writing. oh, happy birthday, of course. seventy-five looks pretty spectacular. stay sartorial. xo
linmag

Post by linmag »

Happy birthday, Leonard.

When I first discovered your music, aged 17, I was horrified to discover that you were more than twice my age. How could such an old man make songs that spoke directly to my heart? Now that I am much older than you were then, I realise that the heart has no age, and your songs are still speaking to mine. So sing on, old man, and may the blessings that you have heaped on us over the past year through your wonderful concerts be returned to you a thousandfold.

with deepest gratitude
Linda
Linda

1972: Leeds, 2008: Manchester, Lyon, London O2, 2009: Wet Weybridge, 2012: Hop Farm/Wembley Arena
golo99

Post by golo99 »

Happy Birthday Leonard,

Your songs are almost never off the MP3 player in the little local pub I frequent. It's supposed to be a blues bar, but for you we will make an exception. Congratulations on 75 years of lightening up the world of those you come into contact with, both in person and in art.

We had been planning a pub excursion to Barcelona to celebrate with you tonight, but financial and geographical inconveniences got in the way! Instead we will be having a party in your honour in the pub. The decorations are bought, the cake is being baked, and the MP3 player is being divested of everything but your music for the evening.

To your birthday, to your health, and in thanks for all the songs you have given us over the years, and those that are yet to come,

The staff and customers at the Ranelagh pub, Brighton x

ImageImage
Last edited by golo99 on Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
HeatherS

Post by HeatherS »

Happy 75th Birthday Leonard!!!
It was so inspiring to see you skipping across the stage like a little kid! Thank you for the gift of such a wonderful tour. There was a time I never thought I would get to see you in concert, and now I have 4 times!!! Your energy and passion are amazing!!!!
I hope this year brings you happiness, health, and joy. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself with us, and for bringing us all together. I've made the best of friends and had the greatest adventures thanks to the connection to you!
Wishing you all the best, and never able to thank you enough for the impact you have made in my life.
Big hugs and lots of love,
Heather
StrangerSong

Post by StrangerSong »

Hi Leonard,
My wife Margret and I had the opportunity to see you last year on two occasions (1st time in Loerrach in the afternoon at rehearsals, we were standing in front of the stage to your right, and later in the evening, and last October in Frankfurt), and we want to wish you from the bottom of our hearts a Happy Birthday. You still continue to give us mortals voice and vision, and give us a glimpse into worlds not often granted to us by the heavenly hiders, and, after all those years, you still succeed in moving us.

L'chaim, Mazeltov and again, Happy Birthday.

All the best for you and your family,
John & Margret Owens, Leutershausen, Germany
banshee

Post by banshee »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
today is a special time to celebrate the gift of you to the world!! :D
racer76

Post by racer76 »

Happy and peacful 75th Leonard.
graememullen

Post by graememullen »

Happy Birthday, Leonard!

I'll be listening through your catalogue of songs today from start to finish.
riobardmulcahy

Post by riobardmulcahy »

just to wish you a very happy and memorable 75th birthday anniversary...it's been a more enlightened humanity due to your music, insights and beautiful interpretations...thanx for the sharing, the depth and the fun...a true Irish fan and friend...saw you four times in Dublin in july, even met you once or twice (I remember you well from the Gresham Hotel...........!!) Have a great evening in Barcelona, would love to be there to celebrate with you, but will definitely be there in spirit...Take care, old friend (75, just a reference no.) and keep the energy flowing. Big HI to all your band members.
Sincerely,
Riobard Mulcahy. :D .
paloma

Post by paloma »

Thanks for coming twice in Bucharest and you touched our souls!

Happy Birthday and God bless you, Leonard!

Gabriela
echoes

Post by echoes »

Happy happy birthday, Leonard!

All the best and more of it! Health foremost!

Best wishes from Germany
Manuel
DeeCeedoubleU

Post by DeeCeedoubleU »

Happy 75th, Leonard, from your native Canada. You rocked our hearts and souls in Edmonton, AB in April. It was an unforgettable honour to be, at the best concert ever. Thank you for decades of literary, poetic, and musical genius. May you have many more years of continued good health and may we all be fortunate enough to celebrate them with you. Enjoy your big day in Barcelona. Keep well and again thanks so very much. HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIND SIR!!!
From the bottom of our hearts and souls. Doreen and Dave Mason, Edmonton, AB
Hanna

Post by Hanna »

Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday dear Leonard,
Happy birthday to you!

Thanks, Mr. Cohen
For all the things you've done ...
We thank you so much!
"I love your body and your spirit and your clothes"

Wroclaw, Hala Ludowa 20.03.1985 | Wroclaw, Hala Stulecia 29.09.2008 | Katowice, Spodek 04.10.2010 | Berlin, Waldbühne 5.09.2012 | Berlin o2 World 17.07.2013 | Prague o2 Arena 21.07.2013
cuthbert

Post by cuthbert »

Dear Leonard: I've been a fan ever since your first album or maybe even before that, and saw you a number of years ago at Massey Hall, a couple of years ago at the Indigo bookstore event on Bay Street, and twice last year at the former O'Keefe Centre for Performing Arts. Also flew over to the Dublin Theatre Festival in 2006 to attend the two tribute concerts, so aptly named "Came so far for beauty". Thank you, thank you for your songs, and best wishes for a happy birthday and most of all for good health. Marcia in Toronto.
dap

Post by dap »

Dear Leonard Cohen,

Thank you for everything you brouth me in this past 34 years.

I whish you a wonderful birthday .

Kind regards,

Diogo

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”