Happy Birthday, Leonard!

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
B4real

Re: Happy Birthday, Leonard!

Post by B4real » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:57 am

Hi victhpooh,
Thank you very much for your kind compliment. I hope Leonard likes it too :)
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
ZenWest

Post by ZenWest » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:46 am

Dear Mr. Cohen:

My wife and I spent a portion of last night fondly reminiscing about your charming concert in Moncton, back in May of 2008. We sat in the fifth row, spellbound by your presence and by your talented friends, as well. Sixteen months ago that was, and you are still on the road, sharing your charismatic wit and art with the world.

We were saddened to learn of your illness in Spain, and hope it is nothing too serious, so as not to deprive those expectant fans who cherish your work from experiencing it without delay.

By the same token, we urge you to take care. Rest. Reflect on this milestone...and have the happiest of birthdays!

A believer,
Lee
Padma

Post by Padma » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:44 am

Leonard
A thank you from the bottom of our hearts for all the pleasure that your music,books and concerts have given us over the past 30 or so years. But thank you more than anything else for the friendships that have formed because of your wonderful work, for the times that we have laughed and sung together.

Janam Din Ki Mubarak (translated "Happy Birthday!)

As always, with our love and best wishes
Padma and Harry
Francy

Post by Francy » Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:26 pm

Wonderful Leonard,

Seeing you on stage on 13th june last year in Dublin was one of the best moments of my life!
Also in Nice, Bruxelles, Antwerp, Colmar, I had the privilege to receive this magical feeling from your words and music.

I sincerly want to thank you again and again, Mr Cohen, for being you, so generous and so humble.

I wish you a fantastic Happy Birthday!
An ocean of love,
health and happiness...

With my deepest love and respect,

Françoise Devreux
-Belgium-

Looking forward to Barcelona, Las Vegas and San Jose! :)
Last edited by Francy on Mon Sep 28, 2009 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
ladylilley7

Post by ladylilley7 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:33 pm

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday dear Leonard....
Happy Birthday to you.

With love and deepest admiration, from a friend,

Lilley-Marlene
Pearlvoice

Post by Pearlvoice » Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:42 pm

Dear Leonard,

from the bottom of my heart I wish you a very happy and wonderful birthday!! I wish you always best of health, good luck in all you do, true love, happiness, a stack of presents and countless happy returns of the day. I hope that you'll always be surrounded by family and friends you can trust in and that you're beeing supported in all the many beautiful things you do.

I hope you know how much you are loved all around the world. And even though many of us never had the privilege to meet and talk to you personally, I know that many of your fans around the world felt like I did: when we heard of your collapse in Valencia, we were shocked as if it had happened to a close friend. So if you grant us one wish on your birthday: Please, don't ever do that again!! May your band- and team members *force* you to stay in bed next time you feel unwell. Seems to be necessary ;-) As much as we love to see you on stage - we can only enjoy it if you can enjoy it yourself and if you're feeling well and happy. So especially on your special day on Monday: If you're not yet fully recovered, we'll all rather have you canceling the concert and spending a relaxed day and celebration instead.

Thank you for beeing the way you are,thank you for all your wonderful words and for the music, for the smiles, for the thoughts, for the inspiration, for the amazing time at your concerts. In your unique way you became part of my life, you lift me up when I'm feeling sad, you make me feel still a bit better when I'm feeling good, and you saved me several times from strangling my boss. You are such a remarkable and very special person. One of the few who manage to reach my heart.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Much Love,
Christine

Antoine

Post by Antoine » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:33 pm

Dear Mr. Leonard Cohen,

Happy Birthday.

Thank you for the music and the poetry.

With love
Monique and Antoine
Nataliecha

Post by Nataliecha » Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:55 pm

My message is quite simple , I have discovered your songs and your beautiful voice just recently.
You have made me cry and you have made me smile and mostly you have made me think.
You have touched my soul.
Thank You Mister Cohen, your words and songs helped release the heaviness of my heart.

Very best birthday wishes from Québec, Canada.
Natalie xxx
dick

Post by dick » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:09 pm

Thank you so much for all you bring to our lives.

Happy 75th!

Dick and Linda
phillip

Post by phillip » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:22 pm

Happy Birthday Leonard

Have a great day and keep well thankyou for bringing me 21 years of your music and poetry you are simply THE BEST:)

phillip
Last edited by phillip on Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have been a Leonard Cohen fan for 28 years feel free to email me if you wish to keep in touch!
Maulwurf

Post by Maulwurf » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:27 pm

"well i' ve heard
there was a sacred day,
when people come,
when people say,
that you don' t really care for birthday.
do you?

it' s just like that:
i lift my hat
saluting to the joy
you spread

and from my lips you' ll draw my
happy birthday

happy birthday, happy birthday,
happy birthday, happy birthday!"

poor english! sorry!

you know what i mean :roll:

happy birthday, mr. cohen! :-)
collins

Post by collins » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:32 pm

Happy birthday Leonard.I wish you lots of good things for the future and stay away from dodgy food.!!
Maggie
yoeri

Post by yoeri » Sun Sep 20, 2009 7:38 pm

χρονια πολλα, να τα χιλιασεις!

Σ'ευχαριστω απο καρδιας, να΄σαι καλα.

Yoeri
MarCis

Post by MarCis » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:12 pm

Happy Birthday, Dear Mr. Cohen. I wish you all the best, sound health and feeling on luck and quiet inwardly. Wishing you to be as happy and satisfied as your fans during (not only) your fantastic tour, Marketa.
Vlastik

Post by Vlastik » Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:47 pm

Dear Mr Cohen,

I wish you very happy birthday and thank you very much for everything [this amazing year and half, for example] and especially for you being you... :lol:

Please, take care and see you in Barcelona :D

Vlasta

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”