YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
silvinka

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by silvinka »

lizzytysh wrote:

Silvinka ~ Were you in Hawai'i with your avatar photo. It looks very luau'ish.

~ Lizzy
Lizzy- Hawaii photo was taken in Slovakia :D on Hawaii massage classes :D I made an ad for some shop with masseur things
But you stand there so nice, in your blizzard of ice,
oh please let me come into the storm
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

What a gorgeous photograph Cate.............. you look like a movie star from the fifties.............. and I mean that as a great compliment.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

edlosi wrote:Hi mutti,

I will try.

Click 'upload attachement'. Filename: click 'search' (I hope it is 'search' because it is 'durchsuchen' in german). Another window will open. Now you can select the file you want. Doubleclick this file. Then click 'add the file'. You will get to 'posted attachements'. You should see the filename there (blue). Click 'place inline'.

I hope this will help you ............if you will be able to understand 'my' english
Isolde

Isolde,

Thanks so much for the info. Maybe now you can help me. When I click on 'add the file', my screen comes up blank and it says 'done' on lower left. I never see 'posted attachements'. I've followed Paul's instructions (thank you) as well, and the photos are just under 256KB. Anyone have any idea?

Mary (hopelessly lost)

EDIT - I did email the photos. Don't know if that worked. Could I please get a confirmation? Sorry to be such a bother :oops: .
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

C'mon, Mary... you can do this! You're not a bother, either, I'm totally sure... this is important stuff!! Only ONE day to go! I sure hope there are piles more photos than we're seeing here, too.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

lizzytysh wrote:C'mon, Mary... you can do this! You're not a bother, either, I'm totally sure... this is important stuff!! Only ONE day to go! I sure hope there are piles more photos than we're seeing here, too.

~ Lizzy
I did email them to the address shown. Hopefully, it worked - not sure as I have never emailed photos before. So Lizzy, that part is done - I think. So, a email confirmation would be very comforting.
I just wanted to post the photos I submitted on the forum and I am hitting a brick wall. I think Diana and I are some of the last of the procrastinators :roll: , and we haven't heard from Diana yet ;-) .
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, yeah, I knew what you meant, Mary. I'd be wanting confirmation, too :shock: . I'm sure you'll get it tonite or tomorrow... one of the two. I want to see it here, too. This is kinda like Christmas, isn't it. The patient brood and the peekers ;-) . Don't feel bad so far as posting it here, though, I don't think I've EVER been able to post something like that here.
~ Oscar Wilde
mutti

Post by mutti »

By the way thank you Isolde!
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
2009 Victoria/Seattle/Almost Red Rocks/Las Vegas/San Jose.
2010 Sligo x 2/Victoria/Vancouver/Portland/Las Vegas x 2.
2012 Austin x 2/Seattle/Vancouver/Montreal x 2.
2013 Oakland x 2/New York City x 2/Winnipeg...
mutti

Post by mutti »

Mary try this...
Hit 'Post reply" and when that opens, scroll down to the bottom and you will see some things on the left...
Option/Upload attachment
Double click on upload attachment and it will say Filename: to the right of that is Choose File..
click on that and for me I had put the photo on the desktop and so I could see that and choose that photo...on the right it says add the file..
thats it..
it won't show till you preview it I think..
Better hurry...we have to get yours on here..
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

just uploading my photo here for safe measure because i don't think i ever received a receipt confirmation for the email with which i sent the photo weeks ago. i could of course be wrong but cannot remember receiving it.

thanks much to all involved in creating, organizing, resizing, etc., etc.!! can't wait to see it!!!

warmest regards,
bonnie
Attachments
bonniemccalla.jpg
bonniemccalla.jpg (6.17 KiB) Viewed 8464 times
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
mutti

Post by mutti »

Bonnie that is a beautiful photo...very intriguing..lovely.
Mutti
1988 Vancouver
bkmccalla

Post by bkmccalla »

mutti wrote:Bonnie that is a beautiful photo...very intriguing..lovely.
Mutti
dearest mutti, you are too kind. can't wait to meet you in vegas!!! are we gonna have some fun!

my only concern is we haven't yet devised a way to get lizzie there...

best,
bonnie
1970, 1983, 1988, 1993/Lyon July 9/Bruges July 10/Amsterdam July 12/Lisbon July 19/Nice July 22/Lucca July 27/Rome July 28/Athens July 30/Beacon February 19/Oakland April 13, 14, 15/Kingston May 22/London May 24/Ottawa May 25, 26/Red Rocks June 4/Las Vegas November 12/San Jose November 13/Las Vegas December 2011 x2/San Jose November 2012/Oakland March 2, 3 2013...i've obviously lost my mind...
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

my only concern is we haven't yet devised a way to get lizzie there...
There is no way, Bonnie. You are representing... and I trust you in all aspects of that 8) .

Yes, it's that beautiful and intriguing photo of you; for whom, amongst other descriptors, I use down-to-earth, brilliant, warm, and intelligent sophisticate. She is no longer 14... ;-) . I love seeing the cities add up with you 8) . You know I do :D .

Love,
Lizzy

Tinderella's so right, Cate... and with your love of retro, your photo is kind of a Tennessee Williams's A Streetcar Named Desire... where is Marlon Brando?
~ Oscar Wilde
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Sorry Mary,

I don't know what happened. I tried again posting a picture that way and had no problems.
Best you'll follow "mutti's instructions".

edit: I tried to post a picture of size 1000 x 800 pixel and had the same problem:
"When I click on 'add the file', my screen comes up blank and it says 'done' on lower left."
I tried again with a size of 800 x 640 pixel and had no problems.

Isolde
Last edited by edlosi on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greg Ross

Re: Look Whose Photos I've Found As Well!

Post by Greg Ross »

Salutations my friends - well I hope so, after all Lizzie's forgiven me for posting an unauthorised photo of her!

Unpredictable?? OK Lizzie my love, I'll show you! I've been reading all the comments and looking at all the beautiful ladies! All I can say is that Leonard seems to attract women from all over the world, who display both inner and outer beauty. But back to the reason for this little bit of fun, I read that Mary was having trouble and, there's no sign of Roman!

Now I admit they're grainy, (I've had to crop them out of some group shots), but I reckon Mary looks drop-dead gorgeous and Roman should make more than a few hearts flutter, speaking of which, you never know quite where this esteemed site will take you! Now there's a little nibble to get you thinking!

Finally, having seen some photos of two people together etc, as Oscar Wilde would say, "We're just good friends" and I can't claim that he's a Leonard Cohen fan, we never talked about that, but he does play a mean sax, is a bloody good bloke and yes, I have lost a lot of weight since then (45kgs) and, the photo is real!
Attachments
Mary 2.jpg
Roman 2.jpg
Greg & Bill.jpg
All Good Things
Greg

http://www.gregross.com.au/
Cate

Post by Cate »

Lizzy, Stamatina, Imaginary and Tinderella thank so much for you kind words

Lizzy's quite right (and has a good memory) I love retro so that was indeed a great complement that you gave Tinds. My Marlo is at work already Lizzy, he left well before 6 and didn't even wake me but I must have needed the sleep or I would have gotten up on my own.
Last edited by Cate on Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”