YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
MarieM

YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by MarieM »

SUBMISSION PERIOD FOR PHOTOS FOR THE MOSIAC IS NOW CLOSED.

Dear Friends,

It is time to start collecting the wonderful pictures of you!

Here are some things to keep in mind while exercising your own creativity. Your photo in the mosaic will be small. If you want Leonard to be able to recognize your face if one day he sees you on the street, you need to send a head shot like this:

However, perhaps you want to be a bit creative and send a message to Leonard about what his music means to you or what your favorite song is or say something more about yourself than can be shown in a simple head shot. In that case, you might consider wearing a hat in honor of Our Man's love of hats or a costume or clothing to represent one of his songs (does anyone have a blue raincoat?). You can also do an over-the-shoulder shot where you look back over your shoulder towards the camera or some other unique pose. Be creative but remember the idea behind this is to show Leonard all his many fans, so pictures of objects won't work. Finally, what is most important about any photo you send is that it be clear and crisp.

Because many are not Photoshop wizards, we will have people who will try to adjust your photo to fit the requirements below. We can do some cropping of photos to make them square. However, we cannot make a blurry picture clear.

Here are the basic requirements for your photo:

1. The photo should be square or as square as possible.

2. The photo can be any size as long as the file size is between 100KB and 1MB.

3. The photo can be in the following formats: jpeg, jpg or bmp.

4. Your photo should have the file name of your full name. For example: jarkkoarjatsalo.jpg.

5. The photo should be in color only.

6. The photo should be a clear, crisp shot of you.

Send your photos to this email address as an attachment and include your full name in the email:

cohenfanphoto@yahoo.com

You will receive a response that your photo has been received. DO NOT SEND ANY QUESTIONS, COMMENTS OR CONCERNS TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS.

If you need to correspond with someone, send all your questions or concerns to Marie at:

megan2c2b@aol.com

If your photo meets all the requirements, it will be included in the mosaic. If your photo needs adjustments, Laura and Pam will attempt to make those adjustments. If your photo CANNOT be adjusted to meet the requirements, you will receive an email from me telling you what the problem is. In this case, we will do our best to assist you in producing a photograph that can be used in the mosaic. If you do not hear from me, you may assume that your photo will be part of the mosaic.

August 31, 2009 is the deadline for sending your photo.

So now, it is up to all of you to make Leonard's birthday greeting a true keepsake. It has been all fun to date, now it's time to get to work!

Marie
Marie
Speaking Cohen
ladydi

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by ladydi »

Marie,

Thank you so much for the update! OMG...now I'm going to have to become a model have all these cool photos taken! Problem is...I was much more photogenic 20 years ago. But....who cares. This is for Leonard, and that is what is most important! This is so exciting and I am looking forward to seeing the finished result. What awesome talent we have on the Forum! Hmm...where can I find a fedora?

All the best,
Diana
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Hello,
I just sent my photo and I am so excited about this gift for Leonard. Laura thanks for all of the individual help you have given me via e-mail. Hope the photo works out all right.
donalagata
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ah, donalagata....that is truly a lovely photo! Leonard will probably scan the mosaic...stop, and say.."just WHO is this!".

The more ordinary photos will follow.... :D 8) ;-)
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Hey lady di,
A girl can dream.....
Thank you...
donalagata
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

ladydi wrote:Problem is...I was much more photogenic 20 years ago.
Lucky you! Spare a thought for those of us who have never been photogenic. :cry:
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

hydriot wrote:
ladydi wrote:Problem is...I was much more photogenic 20 years ago.
Lucky you! Spare a thought for those of us who have never been photogenic. :cry:
Ahhh, hydriot - at least you have got the music! And I am sure that you have got much more besides, being the kind, considerate person you are... So just forget about "photogenic"! BTW: I am sure you are, anyway - and are just being modest here... ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

I'd like to see some examples, anyone brave enough to post their pictures on here? I'm not sure if I am! :)

Cara
honey604

Post by honey604 »

I just submitted my picture for the birthday project, and am feeling a bit insecure now!! LadyDi, you have seen donalagata's photo, and it's very attractive, eh? Mine is pretty simple and straightforward, but I'm told it does look like me. And true, true, whatever we look like, "we still have the music" ;-)

Mainly, we want a fine finished product to give to our hero Leonard for his birthday, and I'm happy to be part of this! Thank you for giving all of us this opportunity.
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

honey 604,
I believe that all women are beautiful . It is what we feel in our heart which shines through for all to see and appreciate. We are the guardians of new life ... Our opened hearts give us the ability to have wonderful friendships and bonds which can last a life time. We posess the strength and the ability to survive any obstacle which may be place in front of us. We are ALL BEAUTIFUL, divine women and on this forum we are a kindred spirit because of our love and appreciation for Leonard.
donalagata ( a kindred spirit)
honey604

Post by honey604 »

donalagata wrote:honey 604,
I believe that all women are beautiful . It is what we feel in our heart which shines through for all to see and appreciate. We are the guardians of new life ... Our opened hearts give us the ability to have wonderful friendships and bonds which can last a life time. We posess the strength and the ability to survive any obstacle which may be place in front of us. We are ALL BEAUTIFUL, divine women and on this forum we are a kindred spirit because of our love and appreciation for Leonard.
donalagata ( a kindred spirit)

Amen, Kindred Spirit!
stergiana

Post by stergiana »

it s s moving this project...i just sent my photo but i got no reply that you recieved it... :?
i think it s one of the most beautiful ways to show our love and admiration to this great man...GREECE LOVES LEONARD !!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
''you fixed yourself,you said,"Well,never mind...we are ugly but we have the music"
dick

Post by dick »

I'll be brave enough to share the photo I'm using.
DickStraub3888.jpg
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Dick, you look very handsome and elegant!

Diana
Laura

Post by Laura »

stergiana wrote:it s s moving this project...i just sent my photo but i got no reply that you recieved it... :?
Very nice hat, Stergiana! :-)

Dick, you're one of the few precious men... I wonder what's going on, are men too shy to be photographed?! :?

Laura

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”