YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
tinderella

Re: YOUR PHOTOS FOR OUR MOSAIC PROJECT

Post by tinderella »

Lizzy, great comments and thanks for taking the time to write up on all the pics.
I don't know about everyone else, but I had to go through about 100 photos before I found a half decent one :)
This thread may get an avalanche of photos now.
Great photo Greg, handsome dude and you're only 58? You are not even a kid yet.. you are only getting going.
Lovely lovely shiny happy photo of Lizzy, hope she allows you to leave it there. Shiela, you're gorgeous.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Please... no..... take it away :shock: ! I scrolled to see what you wrote and found ME :shock: ! It's too close-up and red-eyed and all that jazz. That's your idea of gorgeous, Greg? I can always send a dictionary your way... ;-)

Alright, Greg. Never mind. You can leave it... however, that's not the one that's going into Leonard's mosaic.

~ Lizzy
Last edited by lizzytysh on Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
anneporter

Post by anneporter »

Lizzy,
Who but you would take the time to consider each individual's photo and reflect it in words so beautifully. That shows a skill and a generosity of spirit that surely outshine paltry, dime-a-dozen cyber-savvy!
Thanks,
Anne

and I think your smiling photo is gorgeous, too!
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Thanks, Tinderella. I appreciate that.

Thank you, Anne. Your comments mean a lot to me.
Just go and be camp about it, though... see if Leonard cares :lol: !
And I realized that when I said this to Pete... I didn't mean that Leonard won't care about the cleverness of Pete's depiction of himself for this. He'll get a kick out of it. What I meant was that Leonard won't care if you're actually much better looking and disguised that fact with your camp photo!
~ Oscar Wilde
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Sorry Lizzy for asking.

But I totally agree with Tinderella and Anne.

Isolde
Last edited by edlosi on Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, asking was fine, Isolde :D . I'd have been asking, too. Thanks, though, and I've decided to let it ~ :shock: photo :shock: ~ stay here... but it won't be going into the mosaic ;-) . Those close-ups can be startling :shock: . I've no idea what was so funny in that moment, but there was surely something :D .

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Lizzy, Thank you for your generous compliment... I must give credit for my hair to my mother who had the most gorgeous thick auburn hair when she was a young woman. No I have never been a model my career has always been a nurse which I had a calling for as a young girl. Your attention to detail is marvelous Lizzy. How kind you are to take the time to comment so positively on all of our photos.
donalagata
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog »

LIzzy, I big thank you from me too for all your wonderful comments. :D

Mary
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Dear Lizzy,

sorry for not replying to your PM yesterday any more, but it was three o'clock in the morning over here...
You really are one of a kind, what a great thing to comment on everyone's photograph! And thank you for your compliments, too. I just love the picture of you Greg posted, and we are no doubt going to have a very special time in Krakow! See you there!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Heike

Post by Heike »

Hi everyone,

First, let me tell you that I loved ALL the pictures that you've posted.
Each one of you is a shining light.

But then we also need some pics for the darker sides of the mosaic. So here's my photo ;-).
Went all the way to the oldest restaurant in Reykjavík for the backdrop 8) !
Heike_2.jpg
Heike_2.jpg (18.35 KiB) Viewed 2567 times
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Heike,

your pic is very special! I like it, and I am sure Leonard will give it an extra glance...
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman »

Hi all,

I've enjoyed everyone's pictures, so what the heck, here's mine.

Mike
MikeWaldman.JPG
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Even in a full-face, straight-on shot, I can see how your profiled avatar looks so much like you, Mike. A very sweet photo of an incredibly sweet man. And you look so literally warmer than you did as we stood in the frigid air outside the Beacon in NYC, all but Praying for the doors to open SOON!! All the good you do in your offline life shows in your face... it's all there 8) . And Eve :D !?! I know she's a fan ;-) !!!

The oldest restaurant in Reykjavík, Heike? How cool is that! [I love the recording I have of Leonard's concert there.] Perhaps, Laura will place us side by side :D , as the colours of our photos are quite similar in both tone and colour 8) . I love the hint of noir in yours. Very dramatic with the looks-like pewter[?] and crystal[?] candelabra, great black hat, black dress, colour-coordinated necklace, and serious eyes... and hint of an almost, maybe smile ;-) ... kind of Streisand-ish mouth. Bet you've got a great smile. Nice and fitting photo for the mosaic... it goes well. I don't know how our photos will fare with the sepia tones, but whatever the effect, we'll come out affected the same. See you on the dark side ;-) ?

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Mike,

You are lookin' good! As Lizzy said, I think we can all remember staring at each other in the freezing cold outside of the Beacon. I remember squinting at you and then saying "Are you by any chance Mike Waldman?". Eve aced your avatar so well that I think any of us would have known you! Great photo!

Diana
Habie

Post by Habie »

Dear Lizzy - I've posted something about you in my other thread 'A thought on this website'. Please have a look there. Love, Habie x

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”