Chelsea Hotel Plaque

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
suburban.hornbag

Re: Chelsea Hotel Plaque

Post by suburban.hornbag »

To commemorate, we provide a lasting tribute.
Dick it makes sense to me now and I agree appropriate, thanks for taking the time to explain the reasoning.

:)
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

donalagata wrote: Is there a draft posted somewhere because some of the post sound like some people have viewed something. When will we get to see the completed project? donalagata
Hi donalagata.

Go back to page 8 of this thread. Dick posted a representation of the plaque as it will look when installed at the Chelsea.

All the best,
Diana
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Hi Dick,

Just wanted to join in and say a big well done to all who are involved in designing the plaque. It looks brilliant.
Also wanted to ask you is there a cut off date for donations? I know someone who is interested in contributing
but may not be able to get around to it for a week or two.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I think we continue until early September, to give everybody chance to participate and have their names in
the greeting that will be given to Leonard.
Any extra money will be donated to a charity project which is dear to Leonard's heart.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Thanks Jarkko, I'll pass that info on.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
donalagata

Post by donalagata »

Thank you lady di for your navigation to the page showing the plaque. You are my beacon of light in the dark whenever I get lost on this forum....I also want to express my deepest gratitude to Dick and all of those who are involved in this project . The plaque looks absolutely beautiful and I am so proud and feel honored to be part of this. We are immortalizing our man in history with such a gift and no one is more deserving than Leonard. I want to make a trip to New York as soon as I can to see the plague in its resting place . Beautiful idea Dick thank you so much.....
donalagata
Susy

Post by Susy »

Hi Dick , in simple terms, the Plaque looks just beautiful , and to be a small part of it makes it a bit easier for me not to be in Barcelona for "OUR MAN" Birthday Concert ! Thanks and many Greetings from Switzerland... Susanne :neutral:
Susy
bridger15

Post by bridger15 »

The plaque is perfect! Well done and thank you so much for organizing this. I feel so privileged to be able to participate in a tangible way to honor our genius Maestro.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

That's breathtakingly elegant and beautiful... and, yes, done with class. It's even finer than I had imagined it would be. The best possible choices of font, to whomever conferred and agreed on them. It is BEAUTIFUL and I am so very proud to have played a small part in it, albeit my whole heart was packed into that part.

WELL, WELL done, Jarkko, Marie, and Dick... :D !!!

Love,
Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

BEAUTIFUL! Very elegant, and at the same time showing our affection... Thanks so much, Dick (and, of course, Jarkko and Marie)!! Personally, I am really happy that I may be a - tiny - part of this great project of yours and thus to be able to give back at least a little of what our man has given us. :D
I really hope I'll be able to see it with you and Linda someday, thanks again for your kind offer to show it to me!
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
JacquelineR

Post by JacquelineR »

Hi Dick,

I want to send a check. Please send me a mailing address via email or PM. Will be happy to assist with the unveiling ceremony.

Sweet regards,
Jacqueline
Jean-Baptiste

Post by Jean-Baptiste »

To all Members,
We are pleased to join you in the Forum for the first time.
We are just coming back from Dublin where we saw two concerts. This is the 9th since the world Tour has begun.
We want to participate to the Hotel Plaque and want also the postal address to send our contribution.
Love. Cras Suzanne Family (France).
dick

Post by dick »

The address has been sent

WELCOME friends from France! We remember you well in the Berlin Hotel.... :D
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

We remember you well in the Berlin Hotel.... :D
Not to mention the bus with Suzanne singing... and the late-night restaurant times, as well. So WONDERFUL to see you here, Jean-Baptiste! It does my heart good :D . Please pass on my love to your wife and Suzanne.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
dick

Post by dick »

PLAQUE NEWS UPDATE

The plaque participation has now reached 151 forum folks -- and continues to rise.

Deposit, and firm order for plaque made today.

Will post more detailed plans as they develop. Still questions on timing for mounting and paying for installation and lighting. Many thoughts on dedication ceremony, but nothing fixed yet.

THANKS ALL!

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”