Leonard Cohen 76 years

This is a temporary section for the 75th birthday present threads (do not post here anymore)
Carmen

Re: Leonard Cohen 76 years

Post by Carmen »

For Birdonawire:
Pete wrote:http://transversalinflections.wordpress ... ohen-poem/

You’re Our Man: A Call For Poetry Submissions
You’re Our Man: a call for poetry submissions - in honour of Leonard Cohen’s 75th birthday on September 21, the Foundation for Public Poetry/Fondation Poésie Publique is seeking submissions of poetry (poetic responses) based upon Leonard Cohen’s poetry. A maximum of seventy-five poems will be selected for this publication.

The publication is a fundraising initiative to help support the commencement of a Leonard Cohen Poet-In-Residence program at Leonard’s old high school (Westmount High).

All submissions will be considered to grant the Foundation for Public Poetry first serial rights. Submissions should include a note of reference to the Cohen poem which the author is responding to. Authors should also include a three-line biography and complete contact information.

For more information, please email: publicpoetry@gmail.com.

Deadline for submissions is July 12, 2009.
It was on a different thread...

Carmen
Birdonawire

Post by Birdonawire »

Thanks Carmen. There is so much going on with this site at any time that it can be difficult to keep up.
New York (Joe's Pub), April 24th 2007 / Dublin, June 14th 2008 / Dublin, June 15th 2008 / New York, February 19th 2009 / Dublin, July 20th 2009 / Barcelona, September 21st 2009 / Sligo...here I come!
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Birdonawire wrote:Thanks Carmen. There is so much going on with this site at any time that it can be difficult to keep up.

You see it, summer also overlooked this topic. I sent my poems too late. But the book will be ! Our colleagues have done a good job. Waiting for sale.
Greetings to all !
j.
1985/2008/2010/2013/Always
jeremek

Post by jeremek »

Sasha K wrote:I have a suggestion for our gift to Leonard for NEXT year.

It will take some organising, which is why I am suggesting it now.

I thought Forum members could each contribute some kind of original work of art , created by themselves. Writing, photos, drawings , songs etc. These could be compiled into a book dedicated to Leonard and sold online by an organisation like http://www.lulu.com, which a friend of mine uses and recommends. It does all of the publishing work, and charges only a very small commission. It reliably sends proceeds from sales to the author.

I thought Forum members could buy copies of this book as Christmas gifts, mementoes for their grandchildren etc. The proceeds could be donated towards Leonard`s Middle East Peace project.

What do you think, everyone ?
Sasha,
who is the head of this action? When do we start?
j.
Sasha K

Post by Sasha K »

Please re-read my first posting on this subject. It is a suggestion, not a process, at this stage. It is up to the members of this Forum to decide together each year as to the form their gifts to Leonard will take. But people may want to start thinking about their contributions now...in case this book is selected as a project.
B4real

Post by B4real »

Hi Sasha K,

I don't know if I've correctly sent my reply to your message about my drawing of Leonard so I'm replying here. Firstly thankyou for your kind words. As I said I was inspired by the subject matter :) You've asked if I could put a copy of it in "INSPIRATION" and also sell some copies - I suppose I could - I never thought any further than doing it for Leonard's birthday. I would be happy to submit another artwork.
It doesn't have to be perfect, it just has to B4real ~ me
Attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy ~ me ...... The magic of art is the truth of its lies ~ me ...... Only left-handers are in their right mind!
lightasabreeze

Post by lightasabreeze »

I agree and think this a super idea. It would be dedicated especially to him from his fans, in appreciation of all the hours of pleasure he has given, and still giving us.
Will we need to keep watching this post to see if it will become real? and what will be the next thing to do..
Somebody must have died for you
A Thousand Kisses Deep

London 02 x 3..... Radio city New York... Wet Weybridge..... Wembley Arena... Brighton..
mnkyface

Post by mnkyface »

What's going on with this? It's almost September...yikes.
"In this world of shallow, he is the abyss."~ YouTube commenter greg450318

Post by jeremek »

Hi,

whether this idea is still valid ? Is there a project ?

Return to “Leonard Cohen 75 years (September 21, 2009)”