belfast here he comes

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
fisherinbelfast

belfast here he comes

Post by fisherinbelfast » Wed Jul 22, 2009 11:17 pm

i hope l.c heart is up to the reception he will get in belfast on sunday nite. first time in belfast for him .
MollyO

Re: belfast here he comes

Post by MollyO » Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:33 am

Hope so! Saw him in Dublin on Sunday and he was great. Really looking forward to seeing him in Belfast. What is the Odyssey like?
Isi

Post by Isi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:00 pm

We've got to give him such a warm Northern welcome, Dublin will pale into insignificance :D :D :D
call the shots

Post by call the shots » Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:02 am

MollyO wrote:Hope so! Saw him in Dublin on Sunday and he was great. Really looking forward to seeing him in Belfast. What is the Odyssey like?
its actually a very good venue even though its an ice hockey venue when its not hosting concerts. ive been in it numerous times and its excellent sound wise and you have a great view even from the sides. belfast is a great city and best of all its cheaper than rip off dublin. buy your merch there as its normally cheaper even taking in currency changes.
MollyO

Post by MollyO » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:42 am

its actually a very good venue even though its an ice hockey venue when its not hosting concerts. ive been in it numerous times and its excellent sound wise and you have a great view even from the sides. belfast is a great city and best of all its cheaper than rip off dublin. buy your merch there as its normally cheaper even taking in currency changes

Thanks for this. Getting very excited again! Looking forward to a wonderful evening. :D
Unspoken Words

Post by Unspoken Words » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:51 am

Looking forward to seeing LC in Belfast although somehow to me for some reason it seems a strange mix and does not entirely feel right but I am sure it will be a good night with a warm welcome.

I wonder did the tickets all sell as there seemed to be an adverse reaction to the prices?
table top joe

Post by table top joe » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:10 am

call the shots wrote: buy your merch there as its normally cheaper even taking in currency changes.

I was in Dublin Sunday night,i was near the front of the counter eyeing up two of the T-Shirts i wanted("Songs Of Love.." and "it was the hat all along" or something like that)when i had a brainwave....buy them in Belfast! 8) they were 30 Euros in Dublin pretty sure they could be £20 in Belfast which is roughly 23 euros,no matter what they cost in Belfast its bound to be cheaper than Dublin anyway

Unspoken Words wrote:
I wonder did the tickets all sell as there seemed to be an adverse reaction to the prices?

Really? my ticket for Dublin was about 126 Euro,im only one row behind in Belfast and it came to about 107 Euro!....people up north tend to value money more i suppose,are Belfast crowds good? i thought Dublin on Sunday night was fairly subdued(by its own high standards at least)took the crowd awhile to loosen up
rosal

Post by rosal » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:16 pm

Does anyone have an update on Tel Aviv? I understand there will be a pro-Palestinian picket tonight in Belfast based on the belief that Cohen is still playing Tel Aviv. Please tell me it is not happening. I have waited for this concert but never crossed a progressive picket line in my life. I am as old ( nearly) as Leonard Cohen.
fisherinbelfast

Post by fisherinbelfast » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 pm

the reason belfast wasn't sold out is that there is some pretty bad seating at the odessey and people are wise to it . no mugs us irish. great night and i believe leonard and the band really enjoyed it. there was a picket outside regarding tel aviv but no hassle . they have the right to picket and i as would leonard defend their right to do so.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”