Weather forecast for Weybridge

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
somewhat_nifty

Re: Weather forecast for Weybridge

Post by somewhat_nifty »

Melvyn wrote:
somewhat_nifty wrote: Accuweather.com (very good site)
As far as I know that's an American site, best to use our own Met office -

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... ather.html

Melvyn.
True, but it has a European section and I've generally found it to be very accurate. Plus, any site that employs a weather forecaster called Joe Bastardi is ok in my book! :lol:
I'm chained to the old masquerade...
2008: London O2 14th Nov, RAH 18th Nov; 2009: NY RCMH 16th May, Weybridge MBW 11th July, Barcelona 21st Sept; 2010: Sligo 31st July, Lille 25th Sept, Las Vegas 11th Dec; 2012: Wembley Arena 8th Sept, Dublin 11th Sept 2013: London O2 21st June, London O2 14th Sept
suzanne2

Post by suzanne2 »

I just went to Poundland and bought a waterproof cover up (£1 of course!!), having watched the weather on the tv. It's green, so I can't write 'Famous Blue Raincoat' on the back!
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

Waterproofs..check!
Wellies.....check!
Brolly...check!
Big waterproof bag to stash the inevitable purchases)...check!
Flask of hot coffee...check!
Lemsip (for the inevitable pneumonia)...check!
Torch (to light up the puddles on the way back to the car)...check!

Think I'm going for the 'bag lady' look!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.
Clem

Post by Clem »

suzanne2 wrote:I just went to Poundland and bought a waterproof cover up (£1 of course!!), having watched the weather on the tv. It's green, so I can't write 'Famous Blue Raincoat' on the back!
I should have read your post before going to Argos yesterday. I think I bought the same green thing for #4.99p (PVC Poncho, under waterproof clothing in the index). Very light, and very effective.
Clem

Post by Clem »

stargazer61 wrote:Waterproofs..check!
Wellies.....check!
Brolly...check!

Brolly uncheck! One of the conditions of issue and sale of the ticket (printed on back) is:

"Please do not use umbrellas during the performance"
and condition 6: "...umbrellas...not permitted in the venue and any person found in possession...may be refused entrance."

Most using this forum will have bought their tickets in the pre-sale, and will have excellent front block seats. Umbrella use blocking the view of the many behind may be seen by them as pretty unsocial! It was at the Ray Davies (the Kinks) Kenwood outdoor concert in north London two saturdays ago, where it bucketed down unremittingly for most of the second half.

Try a Poundland waterproof cover or an Argos PVC Poncho.

Flask of coffee uncheck! Back of ticket again:
"5. no bottles, cans, containers, alcohol or food to be brought into the venue."

"No food hampers, picnic baskets etc to be brought into the venue. A range of food and drinks will be available within the venue."
I usually try it on at these sought of venues (including Lords) and it depends on the officiousness of the security or their supervisors. Often I get away with it, sometimes I get the stuff confiscated.
Judy

Post by Judy »

The weather is going to be beautiful :D !!!

Have a great time all of you :D !!!
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

What forecasts have you looked at Judy....? I've just packed my rain mac! and it is blue(not on purpose I've had it for years)
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
stargazer61

Post by stargazer61 »

Clem wrote:
stargazer61 wrote:Waterproofs..check!
Wellies.....check!
Brolly...check!

Brolly uncheck! One of the conditions of issue and sale of the ticket (printed on back) is:

"Please do not use umbrellas during the performance"
and condition 6: "...umbrellas...not permitted in the venue and any person found in possession...may be refused entrance."

Most using this forum will have bought their tickets in the pre-sale, and will have excellent front block seats. Umbrella use blocking the view of the many behind may be seen by them as pretty unsocial! It was at the Ray Davies (the Kinks) Kenwood outdoor concert in north London two saturdays ago, where it bucketed down unremittingly for most of the second half.

Try a Poundland waterproof cover or an Argos PVC Poncho.

Flask of coffee uncheck! Back of ticket again:
"5. no bottles, cans, containers, alcohol or food to be brought into the venue."

"No food hampers, picnic baskets etc to be brought into the venue. A range of food and drinks will be available within the venue."
I usually try it on at these sought of venues (including Lords) and it depends on the officiousness of the security or their supervisors. Often I get away with it, sometimes I get the stuff confiscated.

Errrr.......I was joking!
1970 IOW
2008 Birmingham
2009 Liverpool. Weybridge. Paris. Barcelona
2012 Paris.The Hop Farm.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”