"Leonard Cohen's only UK show"?

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
golo99

"Leonard Cohen's only UK show"?

Post by golo99 »

I'm a bit confused. I received an e-mail earlier today from AEG Live UK (from the address concerts@enews.aeglive.co.uk). The title of the e-mail is "Leonard Cohen's only UK show" and the e-mail consists of a poster-style image advertisining the concert in Weybridge with "Only UK Show" in big letters on the image too.

Does this mean that the Liverpool and Belfast gigs have been cancelled?

If not, what's going on? Surely this is false advertising and AEG could get in trouble for it.

Like I say, I'm a bit confused. Has anyone else had this e-mail?
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
Purple Princess

Re: "Leonard Cohen's only UK show"?

Post by Purple Princess »

Hi Golo,

I had the same email this morning and did think the same. I didnt really take too much notice as I am unable to be at any of his UK concerts - only the Tel Aviv one. Am sure that Liverpool and Belfast are NOT cancelled and it is just poor advertising so dont worry!
Manchester 1979; Birmingham 1985; London x 2 1988; London 1993; Edinburgh Castle, London 2008 Ramat Gan and Las Vegas 2009Sligo 2010Las Vegas Dec. 2010
Verona September 2012; Leeds sept 2013
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I received the same message and followed its link. If you read the complete info on their website, you will find a note in small print that Leonard will also give an indoor concert in Liverpool. All summer tour concerts in Europe will happen. On the other hand, the list we have now is final - no new cities will be added to the European itinerary.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
UrPal

Post by UrPal »

jarkko wrote:If you read the complete info on their website, you will find a note in small print that Leonard will also give an indoor concert in Liverpool
Which small print corrects the "only UK concert" statement to what extent? I think they must be confusing music making with smoking? Oh yes, the great outdoors! If it happens outside its a concert. If it happens indoors its a non event.

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”