Liverpool Concert Question

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ninasspacechild

Liverpool Concert Question

Post by ninasspacechild »

In yesterday's Guardian magazine, there was an advery for Leonard's Mercedes Benz World concert and it said it is his only UK date this year. Ticketmaster still haven't sent out the Liverpool tickets. Is it still going ahead?
The sea refuses no river
UrPal

Re: Liverpool Concert Question

Post by UrPal »

I also saw that Guardian ad for Weybridge claiming it was Cohen's "Only UK Show". I read it as a bit of classic "trade puff" - a legally recognised form of lying in advertisements ("Daz - washes whiter than white" etc). As I recall, the Liverpool date was the first European 2009 gig announced by some distance, and Weybridge was a comparative afterthought verging on afterbirth, so I'd be very surprised if Liverpool were cancelled and Weybridge still running (particularly since some non-Ticketmaster booked members on here claim to already have their tickets to Liverpool). I suspect it's a classic case of Watfordgapism - in place of "Only UK Show", you are required to read "Only UK Show (if you live in London or the South East)".
Paula

Post by Paula »

What I read was this was Cohen's only "outside" concert in England. Liverpool is still on hope to see you there. I have already received my Liverpool tickets direct from the Arena.

MBW say only concert in the south of England

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content ... _live.html

I think MBW must be all but sold out I checked for tickets on Ticketmaster and there are no £55 tickets left but tickets for a section E which does not show on the seating plan so I think they have wedged some in at the back.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
caz

Post by caz »

One of my recurrent nightmares, this - that it'll be cancelled for some reason and I won't be able to make the re-scheduled concert. Anyway: had a quick look at the Echo Arena's website
http://www.accliverpool.com/whatson/ind ... l&month=Al and all seems well so far......
ninasspacechild

Post by ninasspacechild »

Thank's for replies. I didn't think to check the Arena's site. I'm glad it's still on and am really looking forward to it. Manchester and Edinburgh last year and Liverpool this year.
The sea refuses no river

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”