Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21-09-2009

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
margaret

Re: Barcelona Celebration 20 and 21-09-2009

Post by margaret »

Many thanks again to the Spanish Team .
The organisation, the venue, the superb food and the concert by Jorcx :D I hope someone there was able to record the performance :D :D :D

Margaret
HarryMann

Post by HarryMann »

From us,

Many thanks too for being such welcoming hosts for the DVD premiere and the 2 hour tribute by Jorcx and his pianist colleague, whos name I forget

Jorcx, now there's someone who can take Leonard's songs and words to an even wider audience. Not just switching from Catalan to English and back verse by verse, but some quite unique interpretations suting his voice perfectly.
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Thanks a million Jorcx and all our spanish amigos for a beautiful event in 'Barcelona... the food, the music, the wine the company was the best. A BIG thank you to Jorcx again as I think it was him that found my concert ticket when I lost it on the street the first night after Jarkko gave it to me ( too much wine!).

Love Tinders x
efc

Post by efc »

ForYourSmile wrote:
Rob, much better Barça on Saturday. In 1988 Cohen was concerned about a Barça's basketball game that coincided with his gig. You know, here Barça is a huge institution. :D
Hi Toni,

That came over well in the museum. And I liked the idea of the pilgrimage to Montserrat when the Camp Nou was opened.

A lot of Brits follow Spanish football, and there seemd to be quite a few at the game. And what a good game it was!
confetti

Post by confetti »

tinderella,
i thought that was you that got the ticket back but wasn't sure, I should have gone over to say hello. i didn't get to meet too many people, but had a lovely time, the food was fantastic and the venue and atmosphere were both beautiful.

It was a fabulous few days in Barcelona..
:D
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"
Juraj Mucko

Post by Juraj Mucko »

Hello everybody

I published some pictures from Barcelona celebration on http://www.mucko.com
In a couple of days there might be much more taken by Paul form the second row.

Cheers
Jura
tinderella

Post by tinderella »

Wonderful photos Jura. Yes Jackie that was me! I am sorry we did not get to meet. It was amazing all the same wasnt it?
IrishAL

Post by IrishAL »

Barcelona 2009.
What a great weekend. !

A fantastic Leonard Cohen Concert, A 20th wedding Anniversary , Leonards Birthday celebrations and Lots of new friends. what more could you ask for. ?

Thanks to all who helped make it a very memorable event.

Some photos:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1581060450

Albert
2008: Dublin x2 London Helsinki London RAH M'chester
2009:
New York Weybridge Dublin x2 Belfast Lisbon Bratislava, B'celona Chicago L' Vegas, San Jose
2010: Zagreb Sligo x2 Berlin Gent x2 Florence Marseille Katowice Bratislava L' Vegasx2
2012 Gent x2 Amsterdam X2 Dublin x4 Verona Paris x2,Boston
2013NewYork,Brussels,Prague,Vienna,Zurich,Manchester,Birmingham,Dublinx2,London,Rotterdam,Amsterdam
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

Almost nothing left to be said. Thank-you to all involved for such a memorable time in Barcelona. Part of me is still there and all of me will return one day I hope. As someone remarked earlier, the Sala Vivaldi events seemed so effortless that the organisers must have put in an enormous amount of work. Jorcx's concert was great, the meal superb, the dvd at times amusing, at times trapped in time, and at times universal and transcendant. But - you know - most of all I will treasure forever the friendships and shared love of Leonard.

photos are here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=1 ... 969&ref=nf

much love

paul
Last edited by Paul Zagreb on Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
andrea

Post by andrea »

Dear Spanish organizing team ,
heartful thanks also from us for you hard work and perfect organization, preparations, souvenirs, concert, location selection, birhtday cake , candles and...and.. and...just for everything.
You made this event become one of the most memorable and we enjoyed it beeing there in your beautiful city, with beautiful people and with the most beautiful reason:
LEONARD'S 75th birthday celebration and his concert with his excellent group.
It was touching in all ways, it was a special concert for all .....muchas gracias :D
Thanks of course also to Jarkko and Eija and all cohenites who came to BCN to make it so special. We had a great time (All pics around and Wijbe's beautiful slides do show us how we felt)
We were lucky to be there and now we have to come back to earth....
Have a good time and we hope to see you all soon again.
big hugs
Andrea & Marco
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Many thanks to everyone involved in organising the weekend, specially the lunch in Sala Vivaldi.
It was great to meet old and new friends, and hope we'll all meet up soon again.

Tony.
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
Louise W E

Post by Louise W E »

Can someone please tell me how to put my photographs on here please. :?: I have some great pictures of Jordi and Luis at the Sunday night Jorxc concert and at the lunch and would like to share them with you.
What a fabulous weekend and birthday celebration!! :razz: Very emotional at times. The organisation of the Spanish team was superb, lovely food, music and souvenirs as well, just fantastic. Thank you so very much friends!

I'm still on a high and have just registered for Krakow 2010; after all, there ain't no cure for love.

Louise W E (aka Lady Midnight)
Barcelona 009.jpg
Barcelona 015.jpg
Barcelona 017.jpg
Barcelona 018.jpg
Barcelona 019.jpg
crystal

Post by crystal »

Back from Barcelona we want to thank everybody who made this weekend special.
Thank you Jorcx for organising lunch and your special concert. Thank you Maarten for the beautiful name tags. They will get a special place.
Thank you Jarkko and the moderators for everything you do for the forum and for keeping us informed.
It was nice meeting all you special people at lunch and sharing a wonderful experience.
We had a wonderful time.
Christel
ispellit

Post by ispellit »

Thanks to all of you who've been arranging everything about the fan meetup! It was just perfect and I'm more than happy that I could participate! You guys are just great!

Jorcx, your heartfelt singing was most touching and although I’m not into Cohen covers at all I liked it very much, indeed! The lunch you organised was delicious also. Thank you for that!

It's also been a great pleasure meeting so many fellow Cohen fans and getting to know the faces behind the nicknames and user icons. I greatly enjoyed the time we were having together, thank you so much!

Aside from the concert itself a special experience for me was meeting Marianne, THE Marianne, who was sitting right in front of me and who’s also some kind of legend to me. After 3 hours of brooding if it was actually her, at the end of the concert, I collected all my courage turned to her and whispered into her ear: "Excuse me, please, but you aren't Marianne, are you?" She turned to me with a most lovely smile and whispered back into my ear: "Indeed, I am." She asked who I was and pointing to my badge I said, “I’m one of the Forum members. It’s a great pleasure meeting you!” This cute old lady kept smiling at me, stroke my arm and then silently disappeared into the leaving crowd. It was stunning and I won't ever forget it.

Just a few words about this guy Alberto Manzano. I don't mean any offense, but I have to say that found him utterly boring. For a short while he made me hoping he might come to the point of anything but then I had to accept that in fact he won’t. Also while he left a friend of mine who was waiting to have her book signed ignored and preferred making a random phone call, he was not only signing the books but also leaving his phone number with the younger ladies, addressing them by saying things like: “I want to make love to you!” Most disconcerting. All in all this left me with the picture of him as an arrogant, megahorny boring self-exposer. Pity.

All good things,
Kerstin
Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?
Matthew 7,3
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Jorcx, Maarten and everyone involved with planning the events last weekend, great job. I had a wonderful time!

Marsha
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”