Venice, August 3 - on sale from May 6

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Shane

Re: Venice, August 3 - on sale from May 6

Post by Shane »

Is this the definite seating plan? In that case I'm very pleased with my B10 tickets.

Cheers and see you there!
never could stand that dog...
dharma

Post by dharma »

Shane wrote:Is this the definite seating plan? In that case I'm very pleased with my B10 tickets.
I don't think anyone knows the exact seating plan yet. This was the plan for David Gilmour's concert and it's quite different if you're in B10 but it may be completely different (again) for Leonard's concert.

Just a wondering - has anyone received their tickets yet?
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
Shane

Post by Shane »

Ah, yes - that's the other seating plan I saw before. Of course, I'm hoping this won't be it.

I haven't received the tickets yet. They said allow two weeks for delivery. Which means I should be expecting them Monday if all goes well.
maruvi

Post by maruvi »

Why don't you look at the seating plan from ticketone.it wherein you can order directly your seat?
Shane

Post by Shane »

Ticketone is evil!
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi guys,
If you go to http://www.ticketone.it and try to book a new ticket for the Leonard Cohen concert , search the concert and then start "book now" = "acquista ora" (just try, you do not have to confirm it) then you can see the seating plan.You only have to open it (the one on the right side)
I have seen it online since a few days , and it seems the real one as you can also choose the place , the plan is different to the two ones above. B10 is actually better than it shows on the above plan :-)
Andrea

the link. if it works
http://www.ticketone.it/chooseProduct.j ... ryOption=1
1976 june Zürich (both evenings)
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
2009 july koeln - august venice - september barcelona
2010: july salzburg - september florence- - december las vegas
2012: august ghent - september berlin - verona
2013: august pula - august Zürich
dharma

Post by dharma »

Thanks for that Andrea!

So this is the actual seating plan for the front blocks:

It's interesting that so many VIP seats (the yellow ones) are STILL available. I know they're expensive, but how often do you get a chance to see Leonard in Piazza San Marco?
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
maureen

Post by maureen »

Thanks Andrea, for pointing out where to find the seating plan, stop everyone from wondering! When I booked I couldn't find anywhere to choose seats, other than by price, still happy though. Does anyone know what happens in the piazza when the concert is on. Do they stop anybody else entering,( can't imagine that happening) need we have got tickets at all, could we have just hung around! Well come August all will be revealed won't it. Very excited.
andrea

Post by andrea »

Hi,
yes usually they close the piazza when the concert is on, you need a concert ticket for getting to the square (the part where the concert is on) .
The concert usually is in the long part in front of the St. Mark church . Leonard and the group will perform facing Saint Mark church. So only with tickets, no hanging around. The same happened in Lucca last year. Peole even had to leave the piazza before the concert and then one could get in, only with the ticket.
Looking forward to this concert
Andrea
2008 july london - july loerrach - july lucca - october berlin - october milan - november london
maureen

Post by maureen »

Thanks again Andrea, at least got some idea of what to expect. I've chosen to pick up tickets up on the day at the concert office, you don't happen to know where that is do you? Never been to a paying concert in such a public place before.
andrea

Post by andrea »

No I don't know, but surely near the St. Marks Square, byt the entrance somewhere. Don't worry about this, if I get to know I let you know on these pages.
Also an important information for all...mind drinking in the bars directly at St. Marks Square...they are very very very expensive, here you can pay for example easily 7 Euro ot more for a Cappuccino. But of course if you want to drink and admire the piazza , just go ahead an pay, it is only a suggestion ;-)
Andrea
maureen

Post by maureen »

Thanks once again, sure that it will go smoothly, we are in Venice in June. It was all arranged before the concert was announced! So will have a look for it then ,although can't pick up the tickets until 1 hour before the gig. Maybe we will see you there, Maureen
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

dharma wrote:Thanks for that Andrea!

So this is the actual seating plan for the front blocks:

It's interesting that so many VIP seats (the yellow ones) are STILL available. I know they're expensive, but how often do you get a chance to see Leonard in Piazza San Marco?
A lot of the other blocks are not actually sold out - they are simply with another ticket agency. For example, blocks A5, B5 and B8 can be found here:

http://www.boxol.it/Dettaglio-Evento.aspx?E=11367

Wendy
Jonnie Falafel

Post by Jonnie Falafel »

Just my luck... I'll be in Italy next month (booked in advance).. Same thing happened last year with the Lucca gig.... I envy all those going to Venezia to see LC in Piazza San Marco. Toast Leonard & the crew with one of those 7 euro cappuccini for me. Ci vediamo (in spirit least).
jasmina

Post by jasmina »

when we can expect our tickets by post?

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”