Change of setlist for Summer Tour in Europe ?

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
parasian

Change of setlist for Summer Tour in Europe ?

Post by parasian »

Hello everybody,

Sorry if you already tackled the subject, but I was wondering if you think there is a chance the setlist will somewhat change for the Summer Tour 09?

I already saw Leonard Cohen twice last year (July 08 in Lyon and November 08 in Paris-Olympia), and even though I love the man, I'm hesitating in going a third time because of the ticket price. :cry:

Hence my question : do you think there will be significant change in the setlist or will it be more or less the same? Or is it too early too tell?

I'm really hoping for a positive answer : that would be the perfect excuse for me to get a ticket to either Paris-Bercy or Vienne! :oops:

Merci!
John Etherington

Re: Change of setlist for Summer Tour in Europe ?

Post by John Etherington »

I would be extremely surprised if the summer shows are much different from the others. Leonard's voice is much better suited to the material from the later albums, and I cannot see him leaving out most of the classic songs that he has been including from these; especially as many people may (even now) be seeing him for the first, and possibly last time. There's also more variety of styles in the later songs, which help to keep the momentum in a long set. Let's face it, Leonard is highly unlikely to feature more than one or two songs in total from "Ladies Man", "Recent Songs" and "Dear Heather". Thus, I would personally expect a minimum of two different songs and an absolute maximum of five or six (possibly including one or two of the new songs). Anything's fine by me, though!

All good things, John E
yaniv297

Post by yaniv297 »

Probably more of the same. Although there might be one or two new songs added to the setlists (like Lullaby). Please, Leonard, One Of Us Cannot Be Wrong... or Alexandra Leaving... or Joan Of Arc... or Stranger Song... something...
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hello,
little change in the playlist, I would welcome, but can not imagine his concert in the absence of the biggest hits, the most famous .. but things could be To be a teacher, be for real or Waiting for the miracle ;-) ... But again it is true that some people hear it on their own ears and see with your own eyes first, so whether you used the biggest hits. But for me privacy is important to be in the room with him, his magic and the same blood group of people ... :idea: ;-)
Beautiful evening, day and life to all :)
SuzanneT
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
Kiwi56

Post by Kiwi56 »

John Etherington wrote:especially as many people may (even now) be seeing him for the first, and possibly last time
Oh John, don`t say for the last time ;-) ;-) ! Hope he will go on tour til he`s as old as Roshi :razz: .
I remember, Leonard said in one interview he could imagine to stand on stage still with 84.
Hope he`ll do that :D
2008 Lörrach,Oberhausen,2009 Dublin, 2010 Stuttgart, 2012Verona
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KIWI :D !!!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”