Weybridge, July 11 - on general sale

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
dharma

Re: PRE-SALE TO WEYBRIDGE, APR 15

Post by dharma »

JAN R wrote:
John Etherington wrote:Just noticed that on e-bay, fourth and fifth row seats are already being offered at £299 each, and FRONT ROW at £375 (erm...how?).
Wonder how this can happen? I got my ticket within one minute of 10am in the presale yesterday and only got row G. :?
Same here, block A5 row G.

I was just looking at those auctions on Ebay and all the tickets being re-sold (so far :roll: ) are in blocks A6 and A7 - so they're not the best seats.

I just feel sorry for all the fans who are waiting until Friday to buy tickets. Looking at other listings by these Ebay scalpers it's plain to see they earn a living sitting at their computers buying up tickets and then flogging them on for a profit. Ticketmaster gets a lot of flack for good reason, but Ebay does even more harm in my opinion.

Last year Tom Waits tickets had your name printed on them and you had to produce some form of ID at the door. That stopped the touts big time, and I don't remember any Waits tickets cropping up on Ebay.
London 1985 / London 1988 / London 1992 / Dublin, Manchester, London, Paris, 2008 / Weybridge, Venice 2009
golo99

Post by golo99 »

Got an e-mail from Ticketmaster at 10am this morning linking to this pre-sale (with the same fans password in the link etc) so it looks like they've turned 'our' pre-sale into a general pre-sale now - I'm guessing they'll have e-mailed everyone who has previously bought a ticket to a UK Cohen gig.

Got my tickets at 10.01 yesterday anyway - A5 Row G, which seems to be the best available going by other comments on here. (I assume the first six rows are being held back for TM/SeeTickets to sell as expensive VIP packages as usual.) Many thanks Jarkko, AEG et al.

I'm hoping it rains heavily on the day to recreate some of the special atmosphere of that Sunday in Dublin!
2008 Dublin June 15th, Manchester June 20th, Vienna Sept 24th, London Nov 17th, Brighton Nov 28th / 2009 Weybridge July 11th / 2010 Malmo Aug 4th, Lille Sept 25th / 2012 Dublin Sept 12th & 14th / 2013 Brighton Aug 28th
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

golo99 wrote:I'm hoping it rains heavily on the day to recreate some of the special atmosphere of that Sunday in Dublin!
Exactly why I'm travelling to Liverpool to see him even although I live within about 3 miles of MB World; I just didn't want to take the risk of it pouring with rain on the night.

Melvyn.
howthelightgetsin

Post by howthelightgetsin »

jarkko wrote:Our presale seems to be longer than first estimated, according to Ticketmaster:
Start: Wed 15/04/09, 10:00
End: Fri 17/04/09, 09:00
Yes I noticed that, but still got some before 10am today - just in case! :) Are you going to this concert Jarkko?
Aymi Derham photography - http://www.flickr.com/takenby1
Mordy

Post by Mordy »

I'm hoping it rains heavily on the day to recreate some of the special atmosphere of that Sunday in Dublin!
That's why we're combining it with a summer hol in France - hopefully the rain will be a bit warmer in Nimes! But it would be good to be at Weybridge too - and to put a few faces to names, as lots of you seem to be sitting in the same block. It'll be a fantastic evening - shall be thinking of you on the 11th. But, hey ho, money's just a bit too tight at the moment to do both.
Paula

Post by Paula »

Not overly impressed with the lack of potential meet up points. If the weather is nice a picnic might be an idea. I quite fancy getting to see the inside of Concorde but not too desperate to see a load of old cars :lol: Can you do one without the other?

I am well pleased with my tickets I can't believe the good seats I have had seeing Leonard. Many many thanks to Leonard and Jarkko for actually giving a shit about us and trying to ensure that we get decent seats.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

9 Concerts!!! Paula 8) !!!

[Sorry for the interruption... I just took a count :shock: ]

You go, girl...

Love,
Lizzie :)
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Henning

Post by Henning »

She's one greedy woman. Never met someone like her before.
IT'S DARKER NOW
1979: Frankfurt | 1980: Frankfurt | 1985: Wiesbaden - Munich | 1988: Munich - Nuremberg | 1993: Frankfurt
2008: Dublin - Manchester - Amsterdam - Loerrach - Berlin - Frankfurt - Oberhausen - London
2009: Cologne - Barcelona | 2010: Wiesbaden - Dortmund
2012: Ghent - Moenchengladbach - Verona - Lisbon | 2013: Oberhausen - Mannheim - Pula
Paula

Post by Paula »

Lizzie I will be declaring myself bankrupt at the end of the year :lol: That is also why I think a picnic would be a good idea how much do egg and cress sandwiches cost to make!!

Matlock Bandstand never happened so 8 but Pete and I still live in hope!

Henning I have stumbled across you at a fair few (we still need to discuss the concept of a charity benevolent concert for bankrupt fans).
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

we still need to discuss the concept of a charity benevolent concert for bankrupt fans).
May I come? I already qualify and haven't even been to NEAR the concerts you have.
Never met someone like her before.
Henning... I'd like you to meet Henning.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Are you going to this concert Jarkko?
***I'm afraid I won't... Eija and I are hesitating between Venice, Istanbul and Barcelona... (supposing that V. and I. will happen)... SO many great cities again in the itinerary, sigh, and resources to do only one or two...
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

My G~d, even Jarkko's going broke :shock: . Perhaps, he can emcee the bankruptcy meet-up.

~ Lizzy
~ Oscar Wilde
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

Paula wrote:Not overly impressed with the lack of potential meet up points. .... I quite fancy getting to see the inside of Concorde but not too desperate to see a load of old cars :lol: Can you do one without the other?
No there's not a lot round about - you have to realise that MB World has been built within the old airfield cum aircraft manufacturing cum race track site. There's a business park to one side & a retail park on the other - not a lot else within a mile or so (except the main railway line which runs behind MB World).

Re Brooklands Museum -

http://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/index.php?/your-visit/

no, I think there's one fee for the whole site. I did read in the local rag today that the Concorde simulator has been rebuilt & installed at Brooklands, expected to be open to the public next month.

Cheers

Melvyn.
Suemerlyn

Post by Suemerlyn »

I already posted about TM (pirates), and I agree, ebay is just as immoral. What to do about it???

I shall be meeting up with loads of you that I have met at previous Lenny gigs, which will be great - I'm A5 row N99, which was the first ticket I was offered yesterday morning.

I had never heard of this venue til the gig was announced, so am not much help re meeting up. But really hope someone will know the site - or an idea has just occurred to me if no-one on the forum knows the site:

How about if I phone the Merc-Benz number tomorrow and ask them for suggestions for a suitable meet up point? There are two cafes there, I do know that. Then I'll post a suggestion.
lindajean

Post by lindajean »

Hi and thanks so much for password. Got in with no trouble except that ticketmaster had my daughter's details which flummoxed me for a bit! However, got some B6 tickets which look fine. Was lucky enough to get right to the front to see Leonard at the Big Chill last summer and saw him at the NEC B'ham. So pleased he's touring again, thought he might have a rest this year! See you all in July!!

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”