Bratislava, Aug 28 - on sale (April 13)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
SuzanneT

Re: Bratislava, Aug 28 - on sale (April 13)

Post by SuzanneT »

Hello Iveta,
I personally would like a meeting of the American Embassy ... I also own security and the security ... ;-)
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

I've a spare ticket in Row 9 for the Bratislava concert.
I'll be in Bratislava from next Wednesday so could meet up to hand over ticket.
Face value is €90.
Dublin 1988, 2008,2009, Belfast 2009, Bratislava 2009, Gent 2010, Dublin 2012
iveta

Post by iveta »

OK, let's meet at Embassy afterwards.

I'll ask guys around here whether they would like a ticket.
But you can always auction/ sell it just before the concert, right on the venue.
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Thanks Iveta, i'd hate to see ticket going to waste.
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

HI!
My husband and I come to Bratislava. We would be pleasure to a meeting.
We will be at twelfe o´clock in Bratislava.
Marina
iveta

Post by iveta »

Hello Iveta,
I personally would like a meeting of the American Embassy ...
OK Suzanne, unfortunaly I'll be only able to meet after the contcert, but maybe some guys would appreciate a nice cohenish afternoon.....

I have seen a elderly gentleman strinkingly resembling Leonard Cohen in appearence, he was walking in ugly park not exactly in centre of the city....
So in fact I hope it wasn't LC getting lost in the suburbs.....
Of course I´m pathetic, I´ve spent my life getting the most impressive stuff out of the most impressive books. Malcolm Bradbury
SuzanneT

Post by SuzanneT »

Hi Iveta...
.. interesting idea, LC lost in the Bratislava suburb of ... :lol:
I would also be in Bratislava, sometime after noon, probably about two or three o'clock in the afternoon.
What you have now is what you were, and what you will is what you do now...Buddha
Above the graves of those painful sheds tears for the unspoken words and deeds missed...Elizabeth Harriet Beecher Stowe
iveta

Post by iveta »

I am a native of Bratislava and it would be great pleasure to show you around or just help you gather together....

From five to seven, I have a school renunion meeting in the city centre, but around three or four a clock - if it be your will.... :)
Dreamhunter

Post by Dreamhunter »

Hi,

me and my wife will arrive with the train from Vienna on Friday afternoon in Bratislava. Is there anybody who can tell me if there are public transportation from there to the show-hall? Or will we have to take a taxi ?

Every help is more than welcome - can't wait - just three days left... :D

Kurt
iveta

Post by iveta »

OK, so you can get off the train either at the Main Railway Station or at Petržalka Railway Station.

In case you get off at Main Railway Station, you should take the bus 93, and at the bus stop called Zochova, you change for the bus 90. Then get off at Eisteinova. (I guess it´s the next bus stop)
You will need one hour ticket for 70 eurocents.

But if you arrive in the afternoon, it´s not necessary to get to the concert venue immediately. (the concert venue called Incheba is huge, concrete, grayish and profoundly ugly if you ask me)

At the Zochava bus stop, you might just get in and out of the pedestrian underground crossing, and you are right in the historical city centre. It´s very small, you can have a walk or spend some time in some cafee and enjoy the atmosphere. As our city centre is very small, it won´t be difficult to find your way back to Zochova Bus Stop. Then you can take the bus 90.
In this case you will need two 15 minutes tickets, they cost 50 eurocents.

When you get off at Petrzalka Railway Station, just take the bus 80 and get off at Einsteinova, it´s the fourth station. (You will also need fifty minutes ticket.)

This is the website of Bratislava transport agency, you can opt for the English version.

http://www.imhd.zoznam.sk/ba/index.php? ... as=14%3A58

And if you don´t feel like using the public transport much, here are the cab numbers:

/the country code is + 421/

0216555 0902 222 333 0904 216 321

Cab drivers and assistants usually speak English, but in case they don´t, just pronounce "Som: Hlavna Stanica" "Do: Incheba".
If you take the cab standing on the street, tell them you have to get to Incheba....

fell free to ask me if you need more advice

hope you´ll enjoy it here....ok, we´ve got a few eyesores, but many charming places too.....
Dreamhunter

Post by Dreamhunter »

Thank you so much for all the information - I am looking forward to see Bratislava again - I think last time I was there was about 18 years ago. I bet a lot has changed since then :-)

Let's hope that LC and his band will be in a good mood and that we can celebrate a wonderful evening!

Kurt
iveta

Post by iveta »

Hello travellers to Bratislava, have a beautiful day , even a red carpet here.

But I've got to tell you something...

The posh venue manager gave the first row tickets to his posh V.I.P friends.
Some of them don't know the lyrics and can't get a joke....

We are there to show that his real fans rock, even if they are behind somewhere.

Iveta
Wimmer

Post by Wimmer »

Thank you

We look forward to the concert!!!!

Marina
bluebell

Post by bluebell »

Hi, I still have a ticket available for Bratislava tonight, Its a good seat in row 9 of the front block, I hate to see it go to waste so I will sell it for ^50euro, face value is 90 euro. I am in Bratislava now so wont be on the internet later.
Last edited by bluebell on Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iveta

Post by iveta »

First, a few deepest apologies...

Sorry, Bluebell, I wasn't on the internet today too. They were some guys buying tickets on the venue, hope you've found them.

Sorry, Suzanne, I was kept talking to some friends I had met, so I got near the American embassy a bit too late, at quarter to tvelwe....By that time, I suppose you had been gone...I've checked some couples or friend groups there, but spoke either czech or on Leonard Cohen...

Still I hope you've enjoyed it.

For me, it was so incredible. In fact this is the first I have seen LC alive, and I have to process the fact that such a wise, witty and passionate person can truly exist and walk this earth.

This changes everything, the attitudes towards the existence of human being...
Such a challenge, one should do something about it...

First think is to write a report and hope I'm going to see him one more, then I'll think about my life in a more intense way...

Iveta

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”