Which "lesser known" songs do you wish Leonard would play?

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
KevD

Re: Which "lesser known" songs do you wish Leonard would play?

Post by KevD »

Seems so long ago Nancy
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom »

Aaaaah - "The Guests"! Yes, Leonard, please...
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
Lindaj

Post by Lindaj »

I've not heard of 'The Lost Canadian' where have I been? Thanks for bringing it to my attention, will look it up. Jazz Police is the only song I'm not keen on, so he can keep that one off the set list. I would love to hear Story of Isaac and The Stranger Song (my current favourite).
caz

Post by caz »

theotherside wrote:. I just got a little bored with the six 6 times I heard the same songs and rather hoped that the old dog might learn a new trick or recapture some that he once had that managed to please. .........Come on Leonard something fresh please
Just an observation, but many people only go once to the concerts; surely if one chooses to go multiple times during the same tour, one ought to expect that the setlist will be the same. Sorry if that comes out a bit critical, but as I say, just an observation.

Carole
Resonater

Post by Resonater »

Carole,

I'm sure that we all agree that the truest fans of an artist are the ones that come out night after night to see (essentially) the same show. With that in mind, I always find it enjoyable that repeated shows in the same city might at least have one song difference in the setlist, for those ardent fans that attend both shows.

In this case, I was more thinking about Leonard's return this summer to some of the same cities that he "conquered" last summer, anticipating that he might throw in a different chestnut or two, as I'm sure there will be a lot of repeat attendees. Additionally, I would think that it would help the band to change things up after a bit with the same set list, just to keep it more interesting for them. But, I'm not a touring musician, so I'm just guessing there.

One thing I am loving is seeing the wide variety of responses to the post. I think the posts have included over 30 different songs so far! What a great catalog he has to choose from...
caz

Post by caz »

Hi Resonater

Ah yes, I see what you mean. You have a point (on both counts!).

As for me, I couldn't get last year, so all chestnuts gratefully received. Mind you, whatever might get dropped at the expense of a different song could well be someone's favourite and as someone has observed already, unless he played his whole canon there are bound to be some disappointed people.

I'd love to hear The Partisan, by the way. I don't think there is a live version of it on CD is there? (I've got most albums and I don't think it's there - have only got the YouTube version on my iTouch. Or have I missed something)?

Cheers
Carole
James T

Post by James T »

Passing Through, Dress Rehearsal Rag and Lover Lover Lover would be pretty sweet.
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes »

"Lets sing another song boys" from Songs of Love and Hate is way underestimated and should definitely be sung in Dublin. Any influence Jarkko?
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Fabio

Post by Fabio »

Take this longing all the time
table top joe

Post by table top joe »

caz wrote: I'd love to hear The Partisan, by the way. I don't think there is a live version of it on CD is there? (I've got most albums and I don't think it's there - have only got the YouTube version on my iTouch. Or have I missed something)?

Theres a great version on the NPR broadcast from New York.....and....eh....can links to bootlegs be posted here?

On the subject of setlists....theres so many of the earlier songs that havent been played yet on this tour or just rarely,"Master Song" or "Stranger Song" would be fantastic,and i am very curious as to what changes will be made when he re-visits the same places as last year....i presume he will mix it a little bit,hope so
Kit Kat

Post by Kit Kat »

Nightingale
Tonight will be fine
Who by fire
Davido

Post by Davido »

Kit Kat wrote:Nightingale
Tonight will be fine
Who by fire
Well, 'Who By Fire' remains in the set list.
"Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies"~ Groucho Marx
Kit Kat

Post by Kit Kat »

You see how accommodating Leonard is!!!!

I'll settle for just Nightingale then.
ScottM

Post by ScottM »

At the moment I'm hoping for:

The Traitor

Lover, lover, lover.

Light as the breeze.

However if you ask me tomorrow I'll probably choose differently.. .and the day after....
:?
2008: Dublin/London (O2)-Jul 17/London (O2)-Nov 13/London (RAH)/Brighton
2009: Liverpool/Madrid/Barcelona
2010: Sligo x2/Lille/Las Vegas x2
2012: Ghent/Amsterdam/London x2/Dublin Sep 11&12/Paris Sep 28
2013: London (O2) Jun 21/Brighton/Manchester/Cardiff/Birmingham/Amsterdam
AlieKatt

Post by AlieKatt »

Alexandra Leaving

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”