PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL BEGINS ON MARCH 24

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Paula

Re: PRESALE TO LIVERPOOL BEGINS ON MARCH 24

Post by Paula »

The phone number for the ACC Liverpool is

0844 8000 400

code PRLC09

They answered the phone straightaway and are very nice
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
John J

Post by John J »

I have 2 additional tickets in Block C row Z that aren't needed, available at price i paid Ticketmaster total £170.25 + any onward
postage.
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

John J wrote:I have 2 additional tickets in Block C row Z that aren't needed, available at price i paid Ticketmaster total £170.25 + any onward
postage.
I was wondering if anybody had the same experience as I did when booking tickets.
I managed to get straight thru to ticketmaster seconds before 3pm.
Despite my excellent timing all I kept getting offered were tickets row z in block c. I must have rejected these at least a dozen times before I finally accepted them in desperation.

However about 30 minutes later when folk started to post up about snaffling tickets in block in b rows f, d, etc........I went back online and managed to get a ticket in row f.

So like you I have a couple of tickets in block c row z going spare. However I know that we won't have a problem selling them on.

Just goes to show that the early worm doesn't necessarily get the worm:-)

At the moment I will still be sitting on Schinoussa in the middle of the Aegean come the 14th. July with no plans to come home until the 18th. July. Before I start to change my flight home I'm waiting to see if any non-arena European concerts are announced that would allow me stay in Greece. Then again I suppose if Leonard makes the effort to come to Liverpool then I too should make a effort and journey back home to see him.

Leonard... I've no plans from the second week in August until the end of the month........
......remember that 5 night residency at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall that we discussed...well howsabouty slipping it in towards the end August ;-)

Ta Ken
Last edited by liverpoolken on Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solitudine non é essere soli, é amare gli altri inutilmente - Mario Stefani
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington »

I've just noticed that some chancer has been selling the presale password on e-bay for £2.99. It's still there at the top, right now!

P.S. Just saw that someone else posted this earlier.
greggie

Post by greggie »

Thank you Jarkko. Can't wait to see Leonard again.
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

At the moment I will still be sitting on Schinoussa in the middle of the Aegean come the 14th. July with no plans to come home until the 18th. July. Before I start to change my flight home I'm waiting to see if any non-arena European concerts are announced that would allow me stay in Greece. Then again I suppose if Leonard makes the effort to come to Liverpool then I too should make a effort and journey back home to see him.

Ta Ken

Ken, he's only playing in Liverpool because of you .. and now this uncertainty ... You know it makes sense to swap the Aegean for the Mersey!!!! Besides, who else can organise the meet-up????
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
daveeliver

Post by daveeliver »

It's going to be fun.

If you don't know Liverpool and plan on booking a hotel,the city centre is only a short walk or cheap taxi ride from the Arena.
However the Campanile which is ok and near the arena is offering rooms for £41.30 for the 14th.July

http://webbooking.louvre-hotels.fr/defa ... CA&l=en-GB.

Lots of other hotels nearby, Dolby. PremierInn,etc etc

Those with deeper pockets may enjoy the Hard Days Night Hotel. A Beatle themed boutique Hotel and used by many visiting musicians.

http://www.harddaysnighthotel.com/content/Blakes.aspx

Not far from the Ship and Mitre, possibly the best real ale pub in Britain.

The youth hostel is also very near to the arena.

A little nearer the date I and probably GreekKen will bore you with places to stay and places to go in Liverpool.
Tours around Anfield are very popular and you may have chance to see the European Cup(Champions League trophy).

My only regret is that Leonard will not be able to watch a Liverpool match.
The thought of the kop singing Hallelujah to honour his presence is......
Look after yourself and (each)others. All the best Dave ♫♫♫
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

daveeliver wrote:

wouldn't that be, as Lenny might say, sublime!! walk on !
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

cpl593h wrote:
daveeliver wrote:

wouldn't that be, as Lenny might say, sublime!! walk on !
we'll have to be content with Leonard signing You'll Never Walk Alone ... or Fields of Anfield Road ... A visit to the Liverpool FC museum is a must and, Dave, one Champions League trophy is there for keeps, and we should be able to see the new one too!!! (I promise this is my last football post ... I got tickets for U2 at the football stadium in Zagreb so my mind is a bit confused right now!)
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

Don’t worry Paul negotiations have already begun with both the Huyton and District Labour Club and Sweaty Bob’s on the Dock RoadJ

Sweaty Bob is so desperate for our custom he has already offered to temporarily ban the ladies of the night from the premises, remove the sawdust from the floor and to even give the walls a bit of a wipe down especially for us.

He somehow has got it into his head that we being Leonard Cohen fans that we are a ‘right bunch of classy toss pots’….his words not mine.
However despite all these concessions he tells me that removing the ‘No Dogs or Mancs’ sign on the entrance has to stay and this is unfortunately definitely not negotiable.

Ta Ken
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

liverpoolken wrote:Don’t worry Paul negotiations have already begun with both the Huyton and District Labour Club and Sweaty Bob’s on the Dock RoadJ
Since sweaty' Bob's is immortalised in the lines " I'll go down to sweaty Bob's Bar, I can make it that far" ... I guess we should choose that one. Though I seem to remember in Harold Wilson's time, the Labour club did a decent and cheap pint of mild ;-)
honeyrose

Post by honeyrose »

I got a separate PRESALE notification from AEG at midday today. I didn't get one from TM although I have an account with them and am registered as wanting to be notified of all Leonard concerts in the UK.

On past experience AEG PRESALE tickets will be good, but not outstanding for location but overhead charges will be less than TM. On the other hand, I bought my Albert Hall tickets from AEG on the Forum presale and on the night found myself two rows in front of friends who had bought theirs 48 hours earlier at face value from TM!
liverpoolken

Post by liverpoolken »

honeyrose

Just like you I received an email from AEG today giving me the password (LEONARD) for their pre-sale.
Just out of curiosity I checked out the tickets they were offering and all they had for sale were seats up at the rear in the side upper tier. Same thing happened yesterday when Seetickets emailed to say they had a pre-sale. Once again just outta curiosity I checked the offer out and they were only offering seats in one of the side lower tiers. So up to now Jarkko's (blessed be his name) hard work in arranging the fan pre-sale has been by far the best of the pre-sale deals.
If past experience has anything to do with it I'm sure ticketmaster will release very good seats nearer the date.

Ta Ken
John J

Post by John J »

I was also offered presale by ticketmaster/the Liverpool Arena/TicketLine and See Tickets, non offered tickets as good
as those available on Jarkko's presale. Once again well done Jarkko.

I've now sold my additional tickets for block C.
tommylen

Post by tommylen »

I cant figure out how to get tickets using the password.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”