Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Re: Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Post by jarkko »

Brussels is not in the list I have.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Midnight Choir

Post by Midnight Choir »

Thanks Jarkko. I think I was extrapolating from mention of Belgium; once Womanfromaroom kindly pointed out Antwerp, I figured that Brussels probably wasn't going to be happening.

Fingers crossed for somewhere on the Costa Del Sol...
2008: O2 London - July 17 | O2 London - November 13 | O2 London - November 14 | RAH London - November 17 | 2009: Antwerp - July 4 | Weybridge - July 11
imu

Post by imu »

Jarkko,

I have just realized that yesterday you wrote:

"The next July concerts to be confirmed: "

Does it mean that there will be August concerts? Maybe the rest of spanish dates?
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Oh yes! And not only August...
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:Oh yes! And not only August...
Jarkko, Jarkko: you are such a tease ....

Please AEG, management, anyone: let Jarkko give us the full list to stop him toying with us like this.

Wendy
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

Jarkko - in your list of forthcoming concerts you've included -

July 11: Godalming, UK, Mercedes World

Can't be Godalming, must be Weybridge -

http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/content ... _here.html

Now if only I'd seen that yesterday before I booked Liverpool, MB World is just down the road from where I live!

Regards,

Melvyn.
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

what is this event?
is it a private party for MB? have never seen it on a concert schedule before
if open to public, how do we get tickets? what size is arena etc?

thanks
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

AEG Live lists it as Godalming, I am just copying them!
The schedule is under construction, and there will be a lot of changes in August and September - that's why they don't want to make it public before all details are fixed. There would just be huge disappointment if a show is first listed and then it is removed for some reason, or the venue or date changes. This means that the list will be completed slowly, with one concert at a time - just like members were wishing here on The Forum (people preferred to see the confirmed dates as early as possible, instead of waiting a month or two for a 100 % final complete list). Also, the concerts go on sale one by one as soon as the date is final. This means that we will have presales at VERY short notices - yesterday we had only 5 hours advance notice regarding the Liverpool presale.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

cpl593h wrote:what is this event?
is it a private party for MB? have never seen it on a concert schedule before
if open to public, how do we get tickets? what size is arena etc?

thanks
A Google search last night revealed that they have a summer (= outdoor?) concert series at Mercedes World in mid July. Elton John played on Friday and Sunday night last year; Saturday's audience were treated to Sugababes & McFly. People will be delighted to hear that the ticket agents for 2008 were Ticketmaster. I guess we will hear something when the July 2009 series is launched, assuming this is a confirmed booking for Leonard.

Wendy
Melvyn

Post by Melvyn »

jarkko wrote:AEG Live lists it as Godalming, I am just copying them!
Hi Jarkko, I didn't mean to come across as criticising you, I'm only too grateful for the excellent job you do running this site!

In complete contrast I've just tried booking for Dylan at The Roundhouse but the site crashed whenever tickets went on sale at 9am this morning.

Regards,

Melvyn.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Melvyn, I did not take it as critic - I had googled Mercedes Benz World myself, too, and I am sure the location has to be re-defined, but it is something AEG has to do. I am going to let them know!
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

This link to a press release for Mercedes World from January 2009 will give you a good idea about what goes on at the venue (scroll down to July for details of the concert series).

http://www.newspress.co.uk/DAILY_LINKS/ ... 109mer.htm

Funny, last time I was in that area, we were rallying our two MG cars at Brooklands. It was a proud moment when we got to park the cars on that famous bank.

Wendy
FOXWOOD

Post by FOXWOOD »

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q= ... arch&meta=
This pdf file shows a picture of a seated concert at Mercedes World

The 8th site found on this search shows a pdf file. for the Mercedes Venue. I cannot link this in any other way as the HTML will not open
Last edited by FOXWOOD on Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Albert Hall London 1988, Manchester Opera House 18th June 2008,
Manchester Arena 30th Nov 2008, Weybridge 11th July 2009,
Lissadell House 31st July 2010, Dublin 11th & 12th September 2012, London O2 21st June 2013,
Manchester Arena 31st Aug 2013,Leeds 7th September 2013
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

Will have to look at getting rid of my Liverpool tickets if i can get some half decent ones for MB World as it's only 30 mins on the train and on a weekend instead of midweek!
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

if you have decent liverpool tickets i might take them
where are they for, please?

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”