Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
afanghanel

Re: Summer tour: speculations (several threads merged)

Post by afanghanel »

Matthias1234 wrote:As everyone can easily see, I'm not posting very much in this forum. But I read it constantly, and I think, I'm not the only one who prefers that kind of participation. But for this time, I like to post something and thank you, Amrei, for your post. To everyone posting here: Don't let this get as awful as most of the communicaton on the web. Reading this forum has become a wonderful routine to me, please keep it as gentle as it was.

Leonard Cohen is well, he's giving great concerts. What else to demand?
Hi, like others I prefer to lurk in the back ground rather than post frequently. I would just like to add my voice to sentiments expressed so well by amrei, matthew1234 and others. It strikes me how the forum operates like a community (which as an online community is not surprising) and how much I value being able to 'connect' with who love and admire the work of the man. the respectful, poised and banterous tone of the forum is delightful and the work that jarkko and other more active forum members do for the rest of us makes this forum a great online space to take refuge in. It would be a shame for it to degenerate into conflict and agression. 'gentle' is exactly the way that I think about this forum, and I think that those posts which make us laugh, or which provide us with information about leonard, and share perspectives about songs, the tour, the work in general are those that most people might prefer. to those more regular posters, thank you for making this such a lovely place for those like me who visit daily but speak rarely. please lets keep it that way...
2008: Manchester, London 02, London RAH x 2, 2009: Weybridge, Belgrade, San Jose, 2010: ...
Bill's Bar

Post by Bill's Bar »

Hi
Like Mathias and others I don't contribute to this forum very often but do read it everyday. I'd like to agree with what he(and others)have said, as I notice a "nasty" tone has crept into some of the more recent posts. It's almost like "there is a war between those who say there is a war, and those who say there isn't" !!
Up to last year none of us thought we'd have the honour of seeing Leonard perform live again. Now it's like we've got so much we're getting greedy.!..........and look what's happened elsewhere when greed set in.!
Like Hydriot I DO have sympathy for the Israeli fans ( I met the woman with the "come to Israel" banner at the Bournemouth concert!! ),but yes it IS relatively easy for those living in continental Europe to travel to a different country to see a concert,

So.................."let's (not) come on back to the war" !!
2008: Dublin 14/6, Lucca 27/7,Munich 6/10, Bournemouth 11/11, London 13/11 ,Paris 24/11.
2009: Quebec 21/5, Ottawa 26/5, Dublin 19/7,Venice 3/8, Barcelona 21/9, Nashville 5/11, St.Louis 7/11, San Jose 13/11
2010: Sligo 31/7,1/8.
hydriot

Post by hydriot »

At breakfast this morning I told my eighteen-year-old daughter (who, like so many of her age, spends vast amounts of time on fan-sites, fora and chat-rooms) about our particular forum, and how sober and considerate we are to each other. She gave me a long, loving (or was it piteous?) look and said:

"You're such adults. You're really adorable!"

Long may that continue!
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
roselynn

Post by roselynn »

Saw him in Australia, flew in from Bangkok for the concert, so worth it. Will be in Scotland for the summer so if anyone can give me news of where he will be I would be very grateful, Paris would be great or Amsterdam.
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Hi Roselynn,

did you see the thread about the concert in Paris bercy in the beginning of july? :D It´s under "The summer Tour in Europe 2009"

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
kelly2008

Post by kelly2008 »

Can I ask Jarkko if you think Leonard may be returning to London? I realise he did many dates here last year but I just wondered if you think he may return?
Would be lovely to know!
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

London is unlikely, but something may happen in the hometown of one of our members - the one who has excellent photo manipulation skills! (Not yet confirmed!!)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
mydoglorca

Post by mydoglorca »

The Cruel Tormenter strikes again!

I think I know who you mean though!
As you know we are very greedy here in the UK & this sounds like there will be only one concert, can you not think of any other home towns of members he might be visiting?!?

J
1976 Bristol 1979 Birmingham 1988 RAH x 2, 1993 RAH x 2 & Madrid, 2008 Edinburgh, London O2, Cardiff, Bournemouth, RAH 17 Nov, Birmingham, Manchester 30 Nov, 2009 Weybridge, Liverpool, Dublin 19 & 20th,2010 September -Marseille, Tours, Lille, 2012 12 & 14 Aug Ghent,Wembley x22013 O2, Antwerp, Bournemouth, Manchester
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

jarkko wrote:London is unlikely, but something may happen in the hometown of one of our members - the one who has excellent photo manipulation skills! (Not yet confirmed!!)
Doh! Thought the chances would have been fairly high that he would return one last time to the location he filmed his live cd/dvd...

Hopefully the potential single date wont be too far away...
cpl593h

Post by cpl593h »

danslenoir wrote:
jarkko wrote:London is unlikely, but something may happen in the hometown of one of our members - the one who has excellent photo manipulation skills! (Not yet confirmed!!)
Doh! Thought the chances would have been fairly high that he would return one last time to the location he filmed his live cd/dvd...

help! identify yourself if you are the one with the photo skills - and, more importantly, where is your home town? anywhere near Edale?!!!
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir »

cpl593h wrote:
danslenoir wrote:

help! identify yourself if you are the one with the photo skills - and, more importantly, where is your home town? anywhere near Edale?!!!
I'm afraid my photo skills are pretty much non-existant :)

I meant I hope that if there is just one UK date that it wont be too far from London.
Laura

Post by Laura »

Ha ha, Jarkko, this hint was TOO obvious, no torture involved!

As we are debating geography here, I have a question too... is eastern Europe in the south of Europe?! ;-)

Laura
Amrei

Post by Amrei »

Laura,

help the rest of us - I can´t find out where it is and I´m too living in a country / northern Europe - where there won´t be any concerts .... :cry: ,
so of course we so very much would like to know, where this concert will take place --- just for exploring our possibilities to get there, just in case??? :lol: :razz:

Hopefully, Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

I have excellent photo editing skills but I cannot think how Jarkko would know this so he must have someone else in mind. I have no idea who though so if anyone feels like sending me a PM to enlighten me - John? Jill? Laura? Pretty please???

BTW I leave quite near to the arena formerly known as the Birmingham NEC. Is there any chance that something might be happening in my neighbourhood? I've just discovered that my holiday flights are refundable .....

Wendy
Laura

Post by Laura »

Amrei: I'm not sure if I should spoil Jarkko's torturing pleasure. ;-)
Oh well... just a hint here. I'm pretty sure the name of the user with photo-skills is Ken, and his city is in his username... good luck in finding him, and I hope you can get there.
And I'm still interested in the south of Europe, please...

Laura

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”