Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
margaret

Re: Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Post by margaret » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Henning wrote:I think a few of us would be deeply grateful if you open a MF thread on the other music section. Thank you.
Henning,
as a moderator now, isn't this something you can fix, by transferring the Marianne posts to a new thread there ;-)
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:49 pm

Yes, please, Henning; excellent suggestion, Margaret! Just that MF thinks she is THE Marianne does not make her a Cohen-related topic as such, after all... ;-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
faithfully

Post by faithfully » Sat Mar 14, 2009 2:11 pm

yes but it's not my fault - by no means! we just came to the topic Marianne Faithfull

but now it's opened and everything goes there...

BUT it was me who informed about the German gigs - never forget this! thanks! some people now do have a very good place thanks to my immediate post!
as places are numbered in Cologne AND Berlin.
Actually

Post by Actually » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:37 pm

Did anybody notice that eventim's ticket alart said Look forward to his greatest hits like "Suzanne", "So long Marianne" or "Lover, Lover, Lover".

Has he ever played it live during the tour? I know there's somewhere a site with all the set lists on it, but I can't find it anymore and I really can't remember this song being mentioned anywhere. I'm pretty sure that I would have noticed it.
jglBB

Post by jglBB » Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Ok this is a new UNCONFIRMED one. Leonard COULD be at Paris-Bercy on July 6th (17,000-20000 places).
http://www.concertlive.fr/actualite/424 ... n-juillet-
James T

Post by James T » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:58 pm

As happy I am that Leonard is touring again and putting on GREAT GREAT shows (I've seen him on both his trips to Europe) I am a bit disappointed that he is passing back through so soon. It's really taking the shine off what I saw the first 2 times and the ticket prices are so expensive for someone like me.

Of course I would love to see him again but I think this is maybe too soon and I can't see them selling anywhere near as well as the first 2 European legs. The last thing we want is the top tier of the arenas being closed off and just the bottom filled!
basecamp

Post by basecamp » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:22 pm

Actually wrote:Did anybody notice that eventim's ticket alart said Look forward to his greatest hits like "Suzanne", "So long Marianne" or "Lover, Lover, Lover".

Has he ever played it live during the tour? I know there's somewhere a site with all the set lists on it, but I can't find it anymore and I really can't remember this song being mentioned anywhere. I'm pretty sure that I would have noticed it.
Hi Acutally,
found this site from Maarten where you'll find most of LC's setlists:
http://users.telenet.be/maarten.massa/d ... 8-2009.pdf
As far as I know Leonard didn't perform Lover, Lover, Lover this recent tour. :-(
Berlin 90ies /2008: Amsterdam/Berlin/Hamburg/ London RAH /2009: Berlin/Barcelona 2010: Odense/Berlin/Ghent(3x)/Wiesbaden/Strasbourg/Marseilles/Hannover/Las Vegas(2x),2012: Ghent(5x)/Amsterdam(2x)/Berlin/London/Verona/Toulon/Paris(2x)/Barcelona
2013: Paris-Antwerp-Mannheim-Brussels-Rome-Lucca-Berlin-Lodz-Prague-Vienna-Pula-Odense-Zurich-Manchester-Leeds-London-Rotterdam
Evie B

Post by Evie B » Sat Mar 14, 2009 7:47 pm

I am not sure if Lover Lover Lover is within the vocal range in which he now sings, though I am sure he could adapt it if he wanted, as he has with so many others. Listening to it on Field Commander Cohen Tour 1979, he belts it out at quite a high pitch. I went back to this recently, having spent months listening to his 1993 tour as his voice then was similar to now and helps me relive the RAH concert in November, and marvel at the change in his voice. It is still golden, though burnished now. Rock on Leo, rock on back to England, please.
...he shows you where to look amid the garbage and the flowers
Actually

Post by Actually » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:52 pm

Thanks for the link, basecamp!

Eventim has never been that fast :shock:

Did you all get your tickets today?

I don't even have exotic wishes for songs that haven't been played last year, I would just like to see Avalanche...
This might already be annoying for some people out there, because I've said it over and over again, but I really, really want it. :razz:
Last edited by Actually on Thu May 27, 2010 9:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gregor

Post by Gregor » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:12 pm

Can any one confirm for sure that this thread is tell the truth if so I am going to Germany and also is it only the two gigs he is doing ?????????????
There is a crack in every thing thats how the light gets in
Actually

Post by Actually » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:26 pm

Eventim says that he's coming back to Germany for those 2 concerts.

Here's the link, but it's in German:
http://www.eventim.de/cgi-bin/tickets.h ... rid=267093

And what I just noticed:

Der Kanadier Leonard Cohen kommt im Sommer wieder live in Deutschland und gibt zwei Konzerte in Köln und Berlin.

What a typo... :roll:
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:49 am

Gregor, these concerts will be a part of the last European leg of the tour. MANY more concerts are to be announced in several countries. The complete itinerary will be posted on our websites as soon as the dates are confirmed. Eventim opened the sales ahead of schedule, that's why only the German shows are onsale now.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
danslenoir

Post by danslenoir » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:02 am

Hey Jarkko - Any idea on what sort of timeframe we are looking at before the rest of the tour is announced? Days? Weeks? Months?
merton

Post by merton » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:13 am

Hi Jarkko,

Obviously Leonard Cohen can't tour forever but when you say that this tour is" part of the last European leg of the tour" has it been suggested by L.C. that the end of touring is nigh and we're not likely to see him in Europe again?

Merton
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:30 am

I'd think that the itinerary for Europe will be available in a few weeks - maybe early April, but we don't know for sure. Many things are still open. The name of the tour has from its beginning been "World Tour 2008-2009", so unfortunately there will be an end at some point. According to current information this will be the last European leg of the ongoing tour.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”