Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
RickD

Re: Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Post by RickD » Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:50 pm

danslenoir wrote:I'm sure most people consider that kinda language offensive so maybe you'd better tone it down a bit buddy.
very offensive - on a Leonard Cohen site of all places!!

Any chance someone can remove it, please?

***It was already edited. / Jarkko***
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:27 pm

Wow! How tragic. I never realised you could click on the seating plan and actually select your seat. So much more civilised than the ghastly TicketMaster where you have to accept or gamble on whatever the wretched machine throws at you. Thanks for alerting me.

I tried the English button top-right some days ago, but it just led me on a fancy dance around all sorts of pages I didn't want to go to, and then didn't even translate the entire page.

It is interesting that the side tickets with a fine view of Dino (208) have sold much better than the side tickets with a fine view of the Webb Sisters (216). Obviously, the "Who Has A Crush on Dino Soldo?" ladies have been making block bookings!

I must say, I am tempted by 216 rather than the floor, as being short I appreciate tiered seats. But why are so many seats (blocks 101 - 104) not available at all? They can't all be 'friends and family'.

Can someone please post a photo of the interior of the Berlin venue, so I can get a feel for how steeply the seats around the side are tiered?
Last edited by hydriot on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:31 pm

I'm not sure, whether you can use a different address for the delivery, but if so... Well, I'll be in Berlin anyway, so if anyone is interested and it is possible, you could have my address, because I'm here in Germany (only 3 or 4 Euro), and I would bring the ticket to the concert.
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Have a look at this: http://www.jsk.de/media.php/Projects/Sp ... lin_02.jpg
(It's too large to post)
Last edited by Actually on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hydriot

Post by hydriot » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:35 pm

That would be incredibly kind of you, Actually. I would certainly like to explore that option, as the €33 service charge is about the same as the cost one-way of the flight from London to Berlin!
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:36 pm

So we just have to find out, if it is possible at all.
I'll have a look into my account there. Wait a second...
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:42 pm

They are talking about an address for delivery and an address for account. So obviously you can type in a different address during the order process.
Amrei

Post by Amrei » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:51 pm

Hi Hydriot,

I can confirm this information. A middle front rows have been sold out very quickly and when I checked, only single seats in A right or left front rows were available. Then the site broke down and after that I was able to buy 2 seats in 4th row. When I returned later to buy more, everything up to row 10 was sold out.
So unfortunately, I believe, that You only will be seated further away from the stage if you wait longer.

Good luck anyway for finding a good seat.

Amrei
2009: Berlin 02.07.
2010: Hannover 27.09.; Dortmund 29.09.
2012: Copenhagen 25.08.; Aalborg 26.08.; Berlin 05.09.
2013: Hamburg 14.07.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Actually wrote:Have a look at this: http://www.jsk.de/media.php/Projects/Sp ... lin_02.jpg
(It's too large to post)
Thanks for this link Actually. It looks like a wonderful venue.

Do you know if there are any similar pictures available for the Koln arena?

Wendy
Actually

Post by Actually » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:01 pm

Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:43 pm

jarkko wrote:Not that way - the tickets to European concerts are about to go on sale and it's time to open the doors (the complete list will not yet be available). Eventim in Germany already did take the first step, and Paris has already leaked out one of the dates in France. Will make an announcement as soon as the facts have arrived.
Jarkko - I need some advice please. I am a resident of one of those big islands to the West of mainland Europe that you mentioned. What I need to know is: would it be wise to CANCEL the appointment I have arranged for first thing on Friday morning???

Wendy
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Wed Mar 18, 2009 4:58 pm

Wendy: I am still waiting for onsale information - I expect to get something today or tomorrow latest. An advance note said the tix go on sale on Friday, but without any details I simply can't say!
Many have been asking about certain contries in this and other threads, so unfortunately I have to mention that in this not-yet-complete list no Switzerland, Italy, Israel, Denmark, Sweden, Finland, and so on.
Most concerts will be in the South and West, especially Southwest!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:01 pm

Jarkko - thank you for your answer, which is less teasing and more specific that I could have hoped for! I think perhaps it would be WISE to cancel, but maybe I should wait a little longer before making the final decision ......

W
Womanfromaroom

Post by Womanfromaroom » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:36 pm

Hydriot,

just in case that Actually's address may not be used with an English buyer, let me know - I could always buy the ticket for you, post it to you and you could paypal me the money! :-)
"You thought that it could never happen / to all the people that you became"...
Love Calls You By Your Name
confetti

Post by confetti » Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:46 pm

If any of the tickets are going on sale on ticketmaster on friday it will be hectic, as U2 are on sale on Friday in most of Europe
"I needed so much, to have nothing to touch - I've always been greedy that way"

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”