Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Europe and Israel (July 1 - September 24, 2009). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jdhayes

Re: Leonard Cohen gigs Cologne and Berlin confirmed!

Post by jdhayes »

Maybe faithfully should pray to St. Patrick. It might calm him down
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
faithfully

Post by faithfully »

Who is St. Patrick?
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

danslenoir wrote:
faithfully wrote:it's just *** that in germany they know about their gigs and we not, ****!!!
'Aint life a b*tch.

I'm sure most people consider that kinda language offensive so maybe you'd better tone it down a bit buddy.
I am trying to exercise some conflict resolution skills here (so please don't shoot the messanger) ... if I had joined the forum four days earlier than I did in March last year, I would probably not have bought (through Eventim btw) tickets for a concert in Berlin which was not officially confirmed and in the end did not happen (sure, I got a refund but lost a fair bt of money through postage etc in the process). It was only through the Forum discussion and Jarkko's careful interventions that I realsied the concert had not been confirmed. The point I am making is that Jarkko has the respect of ALL of us who've been here a while and we all really try to explain carefully to new people why that is. As others wrote, there is aperfectly good reason for not having the dates yet or evn the timing of the announcement ... because it is not all nailed down. When it is, this forum will be the right place to be (as it always is) ...

please don't be a troll ... turn this anger round if you can (it happened to someone else on another thread).

Happy St Patirck's Day in any case!

Paul
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
faithfully

Post by faithfully »

Hello Paul

Ok thanks! I will try...but it ain't easy!

As oh so much yearning about Leonard coming again here...

Listen, as you are from Zagreb, do you know this actor?

Miki Manojlović

Ok I know, he is from Belgrad, but I guess he is pretty famous in your country, isn't he?

I know him as main actor in "Irina Palm" performing with my beloved Marianne Faithfull. A great actor in a great film - and also Marianne was awesome, of course! This film was very successfull, even at the Berlinale 2007!
Attachments
miki-manojlovic_m.jpg
miki-manojlovic_m.jpg (37.59 KiB) Viewed 3608 times
Augusta Bertram

Post by Augusta Bertram »

Nice work, Germany!

Do you know when the rest of the tour's schedule will be announced? (roughly)?

wouldn't want to miss the first few hours of tickets' sale...
i never thought we'd meet
faithfully

please le us know...

Post by faithfully »

Please let us know asap about the new confirmed gigs in Europe asap u know about 'em, as we are likely to year for Lenny to come back!!!
Paul Zagreb

Post by Paul Zagreb »

faithfully wrote:Hello Paul

Listen, as you are from Zagreb, do you know this actor?

Miki Manojlović

Ok I know, he is from Belgrad, but I guess he is pretty famous in your country, isn't he?
absolutely, he is very famous here .. indeed, he appeared in films already as a teenager ...
2008: Manchester 20 June /Vienna 24 September /Berlin 4 October / Cardiff 8 November/Manchester 30 November 2009: Liverpool 14 July / Belgrade 2 September / Barcelona 21 September 2010: Zagreb 25 July /Sankt Margarethan 5 September 2012: Ghent 12 August/Verona 24 September/Lisbon 7 October 2013: London 21 June / Berlin 17 July / Ljubljana 25 July / Pula 2 August / London 15 September
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I just heard that something will happen this week. Keep coming back!
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Actually

Post by Actually »

jarkko wrote:I just heard that something will happen this week. Keep coming back!
Maybe someone happened to read parts of this thread and decided to put an end to this drama... ;-)
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

Not that way - the tickets to European concerts are about to go on sale and it's time to open the doors (the complete list will not yet be available). Eventim in Germany already did take the first step, and Paris has already leaked out one of the dates in France. Will make an announcement as soon as the facts have arrived.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Actually

Post by Actually »

Well, that's what I was thinking of. I guess I should have phrased it differently, I wasn't expecting something bad to happen...

Anyway, that's good news. Thanks for sharing. :D
efc

Post by efc »

cpl593h wrote:
efc wrote:
faithfully wrote:Cologne Arena = Kölnarena???

Been to the Kölnerena once, and I wonder if you were there, too. That was Helloween 2003 but not for a Halloween Party but for this man!
Is it Halloween Jack by any chance :p

http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/d/
david_bowie/diamond_dogs.html

nice reference!
though isn't mid-70's Bowie a bit too lowbrow for Leonard's disciples?!
No
hydriot

Eventim Allocation of Seats method

Post by hydriot »

QUESTION: Berlin 2 July, Eventim:

Has anyone been offered/allocated a ticket in Block A Left or Right?

Not being as fast as Actually, who has secured probably the best seat in the entire hall, I have been watching the allocation of top-price tickets these past few days. Availability is now about 20 rows back in Actually's best block (Front Middle). However, I have noticed no seats at all being offered Front Right and Front Left.

Now I would much prefer a seat in the first five rows of Front Left or Front Right than be 20 rows back in the Centre. What I suspect is that Eventim are intending to sell all the seats in the Front Centre block before starting in the first row of Front Left or Front Right. Therefore, I need to wait until just the right moment to pounce.

However, if my analysis is all wrong, and I just haven't been seeing tickets going Front Left and Front Right, then I may miss out entirely by delaying.

Advice please.

SERVICE CHARGE: I don't speak German, and I can't find a language button on the Eventim website, but as far as I can see there is a service charge of about €4 for Germans, a slightly higher service charge for those living in Austria, Benelux or Scandinavia, and a whopping €33 service charge for the rest of us, even though we are also EU members. That seems grossly unfair (whatever happened to the Single Market?) Have I got this right?

And are there any pages further along the buying-process entirely in German that I ought to know about (I don't really want to go downtown just to buy an English-German pocket dictionary)?

SO: has anyone been offered a seat Front Left or Front Right, ever?
“If you do have love it's a kind of wound, and if you don't have it it's worse.” - Leonard, July 1988
Relate

Post by Relate »

Hi hydriot

Tickets were infact available for the front rows of the left and right blocks from the start. I managed to get front row for block A left on the day the tickets went on sale. I have been watching and these have gradually been selling as the days have gone by. However, when I fist tried to purchase I was automatically allocated seats in one of the side blocks of the stadium, I had to click on the seating plan and was then able to select the seats in the front row. So, in short I think these front seats are sold (up to row 12 or so now, isn't it?).

And there is a button to change the site language to English in the top right-hand corner of the page.

hth
Relate

Post by Relate »

and I also had to pay 34 Euros for service/postage :neutral:

Return to “The Summer Tour in Europe 2009”