Questions and Answers concerning The Event, Poland etc.

The Krakow Event - before and after
Mabeanie1

Re: Questions and Answers concerning The Event, Poland etc.

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:The committee will also arrange tours before and after the Event days.
To the Event Committee

It would be useful to have some idea of what you are hoping to arrange and for which day. I have booked my hotel for Friday to Wednesday based upon the availability of local flights (which I have not yet booked - once bitten and all that ....) but I have no idea whether those are the best days to go for. I will have to book my flights and time off work fairly soon otherwise I could miss out.

Thanks

Wendy
janniemead

Post by janniemead »

Hi everyone,
I am a huge fan of Leonard Cohen and am considering traveling from the usa to the forum in Krakow in August. It all sounds great..but wonder if I would feel comfortable and included in this kind of event as I will be traveling alone. Thanks for your thoughts!
friscogrl

Post by friscogrl »

Hi janniemead, I have sent you a PM.

M
2008 Toronto June 6/ 2009 New York Feb 19 Oakland April 13 14 Coachella April 17 Ottawa May 25 26 Barcelona Sept 21 Las Vegas 11/12 San Jose 11/13
2010 Malmo Aug 4 Gothenburg Aug 12 Las Vegas Dec 10 & 11
2012 Verona 9/24 San Jose 11/7. Montreal 11/28 11/29/ 2013 Oakland 3/2 NYC 4/6
Hamilton 4/9
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

janniemead, you will be alone only until the moment you arrive in Krakow and at the Event registration! - A lot of members come to our gatherings alone, but it does not take long until they have made friends. And the languages are never a problem.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
majmunka

Post by majmunka »

janniemead wrote:.but wonder if I would feel comfortable and included in this kind of event as I will be traveling alone.
Hi, same here :) I'll go alone, too. (This will my first LC event)
Majmunka
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

Dear Friends...
the spring didn't come to Poland yet, but the calendar says - it's only 5 months till The Event. The time of hibernation is finally over.
I'd like to re-open the Q&A part of the Event threads.
Please feel free to ask questions here. We will try to answer them here.

We still have some places left for the participants, so - once again - everyone is cordially welcome.
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

Mabeanie1 wrote: To the Event Committee

It would be useful to have some idea of what you are hoping to arrange and for which day. I have booked my hotel for Friday to Wednesday based upon the availability of local flights (which I have not yet booked - once bitten and all that ....) but I have no idea whether those are the best days to go for. I will have to book my flights and time off work fairly soon otherwise I could miss out.

Thanks

Wendy
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

OK, Wendy - I will ask Sebastian to post the detailed programme soon. Sorry for not doing it earlier.

Mirek
bene449

Post by bene449 »

I sent a couple of emails re this event but received no replies, so I am trying on this thread. Will there be any souvenirs for sale e.g. t-shirts with the Krakov logo on it. Is the Bird on the Wire dvd going to be on sale at the event, after the premier. Finally, as some of us will miss some Leonard Cohen concerts because of this event, is there any chance that some of the official merchandise can be made available in Krakov.

Please also check your emails, as mine may not be the only ones which are not answered.
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Finally, as some of us will miss some Leonard Cohen concerts because of this event, is there any chance that some of the official merchandise can be made available in Krakov.
GREAT question, bene449!!! A good way for the tour to pick up some extra dollars without having to do a thing except get them passed on to Cracow somehow.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

bene449 wrote:I sent a couple of emails re this event but received no replies, so I am trying on this thread. Will there be any souvenirs for sale e.g. t-shirts with the Krakov logo on it. Is the Bird on the Wire dvd going to be on sale at the event, after the premier. Finally, as some of us will miss some Leonard Cohen concerts because of this event, is there any chance that some of the official merchandise can be made available in Krakov.
Could you tell me the e-mail address you've used? We try to reply to every single e-mail we get.
The Committee will discuss these suggestions concerning souvenirs and the official merchandise.
As for the BotW DVD - I guess we wouldn't be able to obtain the permission for selling it.

Mirek
edlosi

Post by edlosi »

Hi Mirek,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20574&start=45 (posted by jarkko last friday!)

Isolde
Mirek

Post by Mirek »

edlosi wrote:Hi Mirek,

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20574&start=45 (posted by jarkko last friday!)

Isolde
Thanks Isolde, must've missed that thread. Now that's a very good news.

Return to “The Leonard Cohen Event in Krakow 2010”