Ticket Scams

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Elinor Anne

Ticket Scams

Post by Elinor Anne » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:57 am

Well I just got home from the Edmonton concert and don't know where to turn. I needed a good single seat and bought two off a guy from a local on-line want ads "Kijiji". Get to the show and it was a voided ticket from a refund scam they think!!! Oh my god I was so shocked then so angry then sooo upset I cried and cried. The people at the ticket booth wouldn't help me and had little sympathy. Luckily they had a ticket (way up high)that I purchased and got in. It was truly an amazing show but I missed over 20 min of the show and really didn't enjoy it as much as I could of as I was so stressed out. What an awful feeling. Does anyone know how to contact Leonard's office or what to do? Thanks.I will contact the media and the police tomorrow
Paula

Re: Ticket Scams

Post by Paula » Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:29 am

Elinor - really sorry about what happened. You should contact the website where you bought the tickets from too just in case they have a valid address you can give the police. I have to say you are the first one on this forum who has been scammed like that but that is more luck than judgment. We all just trust these people. Good luck with reporting him.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko » Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:52 pm

I understand from Elinor's message that she bought the ticket from a local seller, not anybody on our Forum. I think you Elinor are a victim of very typical criminal scam by the black market scalpers - they first order a ticket with a credit card. When they have got the ticket, they report the credit card stolen or get the order cancelled in some other way. Now they've got a ticket for free, but it's not valid. They sell the ticket on-line or in front of the venue and disappear. The ticket holder cannot get in because the ticket is cancelled. I have heard reports from UK that in some cases the innocent buyer has been arrested for using a stolen credit card! NEVER buy tickets from this kind of sellers --- this has been discussed during the last year in hundreds of messages on this Forum. - Ticketmaster, AEG, or the tour management cannot help you, they have not sold the ticket to you; you have to turn to the police. Also follow Paula's suggestion and try to contact the website (although I am very pessimistic about that). If you don't know the real identity of the seller, I am afraid there is not much the police can and will do.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
Elinor Anne

Post by Elinor Anne » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:29 pm

Thanks for the support and the info guys!! Well I put in a police report yesterday. I will have to go through the court system to get my money back. The guy I bought them off agreed to give the money back but I involved the police instead, I think it was the right thing to do! I don't know if he got scammed also? I did contact Kijiji no response yet. Leonard's manager did reply to me and is sending a CD and an autographed picture. Not to be greedy but I would have loved to see the show again with no stress and to see the whole thing. I missed the first 20 min or more because of this hassle!
MaryB

Post by MaryB » Mon Apr 27, 2009 11:44 pm

Elinor Anne,

I am glad to hear it all seems to have worked out for you. And for you to be receiving a reply, CD, and an autographed photo of LC - how wonderful of the extremely busy manager!

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
Paula

Post by Paula » Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Elinor really pleased to hear Leonard’s management sent you a CD and picture. That is going over and beyond their call of duty bearing in mind none of what happened was their fault. That was a really really nice gesture.
Dublin 14th June, Manchester 20th June, O2 17th July, Matlock Bandstand Aug 28, O2 14th November, Royal Albert Hall 17th and 18th November 2008, MBW 11th July 2009, Liverpool Echo 14th July 2009
John Etherington

Post by John Etherington » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:12 pm

Glad it all worked out, Elinor. Perhaps you could do us all a favour by reporting Ticketmaster to the police?!

All good things, John E

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”