help needed

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
whiskeybottoms

help needed

Post by whiskeybottoms »

last night i saw leonard in grand prairie, tx. i drove back to oklahoma city today and discovered that i had lost a merch item i purchased and was quite fond of and now i'm a bit sad. i was wondering if anyone here that is headed to a future show could help me out. the item i need is a black tie. i layed it down in the back seat of the car and i guess it flew out of the window. i'm double sad because i planned on wearing it to a dear friend's memorial service monday night. the item cost thirty bucks. i would happily pay for the item and the shipping. please please please help if you can. it was a great show and that was a momento that i was truley going to cherish...it would mean so much to me if someone could help me.

thank you,

drew
Grand Prarie, Morrison, St. Louis, Kansas City, 2009. Austin, 2012. Memphis, 2013.

"Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh. It is easy to display a wound, the proud scars of combat. It is hard to show a pimple." - from The Favorite Game
Detour

Re: help needed

Post by Detour »

Drew, I live in OKC and went to the show last night too. Sorry to hear about the loss of your dear friend.

My husband and I will be going to Leonard's Seattle and Chicago shows as well, so if you don't manage to get it replaced before then we'd be glad to help you out. Since we live in the same city there would be no shipping, we could exchange in person.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

whiskeybottoms wrote: i'm double sad because i planned on wearing it to a dear friend's memorial service monday night. the item cost thirty bucks. i would happily pay for the item and the shipping. please please please help if you can. it was a great show and that was a momento that i was truley going to cherish...it would mean so much to me if someone could help me.
thank you,
drew
Hi Drew,

I will be at the Phoenix concert tomorrow evening and will look for your tie. Unfortunately I return to Michigan the next day, Monday, so I don't think you would have it in time. However, I will buy it if it is available and will let you know. Very sorry to hear about your friend.

Take care,
Diana
whiskeybottoms

Post by whiskeybottoms »

Thank you both for your kind wishes and for replying to my pathetic plea. I am quite envious that you have both gotten to see or are planning to see multiple shows on this unbelievable tour. I had a ticket for Toronto last summer, but had to sell it because I couldn't afford the airfare, so when the Northa American Tour was announced I just about lost it. I am thinking about trying to go to the Red Rocks show too, but don't know if I will be able to swing it. It was amazing to see him Friday night...i've been listening/reading his work since I was 13 (which is over half of my life) and never for a second thought I would really get to see him perform. I'm still gleeful I reckon. It was a great experience...I was able to take me father which made it even that more memorable.

I thank you both for your thoughtfullness.

Drew
Grand Prarie, Morrison, St. Louis, Kansas City, 2009. Austin, 2012. Memphis, 2013.

"Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh. It is easy to display a wound, the proud scars of combat. It is hard to show a pimple." - from The Favorite Game
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Drew,

I just returned from an incredible concert in Phoenix! After entering the theater I immediately went to the merchandise counter which was swamped. I looked for the tie but couldn't see one. It was probably there but displayed in an area I couldn't elbow into...saw t-shirts, keychains, totes..but no tie. I am very sorry.

On another note, do consider and see if you just might be able to do Red Rocks. A lot of us will be there (it just so happens to coincide with our vacation in Colorado :D ) and it would be so nice to meet you!

Again, my apologies for not finding the tie....
Diana
whiskeybottoms

Post by whiskeybottoms »

No worries Diana. I'll see if Detour can check when she goes to Seattle. Yes, they merch was crazy in Dallas...i'm sure it will be swamped everywhere. I very much appreciate you looking for me.

I think I am going to attempt the red rocks show...i am trying to find a house right now, which is brutal...but, hopefully by then i'm all settled. I shouldn't wait too much longer for tickets i guessing. i've never been to red rocks...and haven't been to that area in a long long time. it's such a beautiful place. it is the last dat on the tour right? or are they going to add more? i was thinking if it kept going we might see him at the austin city limits music fest...but, he is doing coachella...so maybe not...but i do know for sure that i do want to see him again.

i am slowly trying to quite obsessing over my lost tie...i'm guessing there's a real fashionable bird on interstate 35 between okc and dallas...i just hope he knows how to tie a double windsor.

drew

ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Ha...I love the double Windsor bit!

Yes, Red Rocks will be the last US concert (for this tour). Then Leonard opens in Europe on July 1st and will be there for several months. However....he just may be back here again. The never-ending tour!

I've never been to Red Rocks but those who have say it is awesome! Outdoors....base of the mountains; lights of Denver far in the distance as the evening progresses; surrounded by beauty, and then the true beauty on stage! I'm not sure what tickets are still available but I'd suggest giving it a go!

Good luck with the tie! Actually, I may have missed it altogether. For some reason I was looking for a bolo...not a REAL tie with a Windsor knot! So sorry.

All the best, and hope to see you on June 2nd! Let me know.
Diana
Detour

Post by Detour »

Drew, I will look for it in Seattle and let you know.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”