Pinch me, I must be dreaming

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
KaimiK

Pinch me, I must be dreaming

Postby KaimiK » Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:21 am

It's been about 10 minutes now and my hands have finally stopped shaking. I was visiting the forum one more time before bed and read the post about the Phoenix pit tickets becoming available. (I've been checking TM about twice a day for the Seattle show just in case they decided to release more tickets. I'm more than thrilled to have a 6th row orchestra seat already, but I keep fantasizing about looking right up from the first row...)

So, I visited TM one more time searching for my one lone ticket, not really expecting anything to show up. And there in front of me, was section C (center orchestra), row 1. Almost in disbelief, wiping my monitor to see if a toddler smudge was obscuring a second C behind that first C. But, it was really true. What a gift.

I hope, hope, hope that everyone wanting to get tickets is able to. Please keep trying, you just never know when that ticket you need will magically appear.

*edit* Forgot to add that I immediately went back to see what else was available, and it was again sold out. Where that lone ticket came from, I'll never know...
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
MaryB

Re: Pinch me, I must be dreaming

Postby MaryB » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:36 pm

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just purchased Front Row Center seats in the Pit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So close, almost within touching distance. Regular pricing!!!!!!!!!! Didn't think it was true, but got email confirmation. For some reason there are many seats now available in the pit and orchestra and you can pick your own seats on the link that Jarkko has provided on this Forum for the Dodge Theater in Phoenix!! LC concert front row center - yes, pinch me KamiK!

Happiest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:34 pm

Mary, that's wonderful! I never believed a mere mortal could get to see this show from the first row! Enjoy!
You let me sing, you lifted me up, you gave my soul a beam to travel on. You folded your distance back into my heart.
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 2:26 am

Oh my heavens! This is totally crazy and I will be bankrupt BUT I just got one seat in Row 1, Pit 1...how awesome is that!

Who would have thought that these would still be open in Phoenix! Many, many thanks to MaryB for emailing, pm'ing and finally calling me to alert me to this incredible opportunity! Row 1.......I am beside myself!!!!!

Right now I'm on cloud 9 but will try to return to earth tomorrow! Thank you KaimiK for bringing this to our attention!!!

Hope to meet you in Phoenix :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

All the best,
Diana
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:14 am

:( I'm sorry I won't get to meet you all in Phoenix, my first row ticket is for Seattle. And the credit should go to nms for posting about the Phoenix tix in the first place - that post reminded me to recheck on Seattle! The situation up there is a little different, they must have not released a bunch of tickets. I got that lone front row seat, and then it was all sold out again. Who knows. My hubby says it's good karma from selling my presale ticket at face value - he thinks I'm crazy though, that we could have helped pay our way to Seattle. When I sell my other ticket, I'll have to ask for $10 over cost, so he can take our toddler out for ice cream while I'm at the show - in the first row! :lol:

Just for fun I went to the Phoenix show and looked at tickets. You could still get front row, just about center - I'm in awe! And how fun to actually get to pick the location! My Seattle ticket isn't quite as good, it's still pit, but way stage right. I'll keep checking daily though, front row is great, but dead center would be even greater - wow that statement makes me feel greedy, as though 1st row isn't already a dream come true!
Walsh75

Postby Walsh75 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:33 am

Wow. I wished I would have checked this thread earlier. I may have had hope for Detroit.

Now if I may ask. By "front row", do you guys me $250 seats or the $550?

Because looking up Detroit now, I too see something a bit odd. I know have the option to choose 1 Vip Ticket up to 6. Remember, before it would give you only the 2 and 4 number of ticket options.

So I clicked on 1. As of now it told me there was nothing for sale.

LOL.. I don't know. Did all the complaining and threats loosen up some of the policies?

One again, this is the oddest ticket buying situation I have ever been in. I just hope everything goes smooth come concert nights for all of us.
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:09 am

Walsh,

Mine is just a regular ticket, but in the first row, just under $300 by the time you add in fees/postage.

It's not the VIP package. Just for fun, I checked the VIP tix as well and the best VIP available was side off-center orchestra, row 12!!! Interestingly enough, there was an option to select 1 VIP ticket, but when you search, nothing is available. But, when you select 2, there are seats available. Think that must just be a glitch in their system - their policy is to sell only pairs. Also found that when I searched VIP tix and best available, nothing came up. But, when I searched VIP and orchestra, there were tix. I think it pays off to try different combos.

There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the ticket distribution, but I'm glad to finally have some wonderful fortune with TM!
MaryB

Postby MaryB » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:58 am

Walsh,

After getting the front row center seats ($278 w/service charge), out of curiosity, I went back to see if the VIP was even available and there were NO VIP packages to be had. This looks like a case of many of the best seats all of a sudden being released. Perhaps season ticket holders not being interested :? . Their loss, our gain :D . Who knows, with the way things have been going with these ticket sales, maybe more of the same thing will happen elsewhere :? :D .

Best regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:02 am

Walsh75 wrote:Wow. I wished I would have checked this thread earlier. I may have had hope for Detroit.
Hi Walsh,

Don't give up. Of course, being in Michigan, I AM going to the Detroit concert and already have tickets. But the most amazing things can happen. I had no interest in going to Phoenix but yesterday, suddenly there were all these seats available in the pit. I have one ticket, front row center!!!! How awesome is that. Perhaps Phoenix may not be a major venue. Well, for some of us major fans this is a dream come true!

So, bottom line, if you are still hoping for prime seats in Detroit...they "may" happen. I would never suggest booking the VIP seats. What a loss of money. An extra $200 for a program and perhaps one other item. The dollars just don't add up. Hang in there and we will see you on May 9th! :D

Good luck,
Diana
Walsh75

Postby Walsh75 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:36 pm

Wow! I am an idoit.

This ended up costing me more now. LOL. About three mintues ago I decided to check Detroit being curious again.

Ended up buying myself Row 1 Orc Pit for $283.00 total from TM.com!!

This on top of the $129 ticket I already have!!

So now I need someone to go with me to take the extra ticket or I try to sell it.

Thanks for all the high hopes guys. Maybe it was the good intentions of this board helping a lot of us out. Or AEG is getting nervous with all the complaints and linked to other companies in the press as of late. LOL.
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:34 am

Hi Walsh,

I am SO very happy for you :D :D :D :D . I know that is probably a lot more than you wanted to spend but what a great seat! We don't know how many more Leonard concerts we might be able to attend (especially NOT in Michigan), and he is worth every cent! For Detroit, I and a friend are back in Row N; but I really, really lucked out in Phoenix with the pit, front row center! Of course, I had no plans to go to Phoenix but I couldn't turn down a prime seat like that!

Looking forward to May 9th! Good luck selling your original ticket.

All the best,
Diana
Walsh75

Postby Walsh75 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:41 am

Thanks.

As it turns out I told my uncle about this deal. He said he works out with a guy at his gym who loves LC. He mentioned to the guy the other day that I was going and the guy said "wow. i'd love to go to that show". So my uncle is going to try to get him to buy it from me.

If not, I can try getting rid of it on here. Not a fan of doing that as people are strangers on line after all.

Last resort, a friend of mine is on tough times. He wouldn't be able to pay me but he could go with me so the ticket doesnt go to waste.

Things aren't great for me either. Normally I wouldn't care about treating a friend but I too need money first, if possible.
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:52 am

I love that so many are having good fortune with TM - what a turn of the tides from the negative experiences that were filling the forum recently. Not only does it feel amazing to have the opportunity to see LC from a great seat, it's also gratifying to feel like we've beat the evil empire system, in a sense! But, now I'm also hoping I can find a home for my other ticket - 6th row Seattle anyone?!
Walsh75

Postby Walsh75 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:31 am

LOL.. I am still amazed and shaking my head over this whole situation.

Does anybody have a clue as to what the deal on this is?

We've gone from nothing hardly at all for good seats the first days of ticket sales to seemingly a fair chunk of $250 seats, including front row, weeks later!

Again what I have is a blessing and curse. Granted no one forced me to upgrade, but I admit I am a concert "mark". I had a feeling this may happen. So now it comes off like a "money grab", where if I can't get rid of that seat, they get a total of $433 out of me alone on tickets for the evening.

Is it a matter of AEG and assoc. sweating after all the complaints or just an unorganized tour on somebody's part?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Strangest concert deal I've ever been a part of especially for the small venues he's at. Today tops it all, but in a good way.
KaimiK

Postby KaimiK » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:07 am

Walsh75 - I don't know what the deal is either! If I had to guess, it would be that this enormous outcry from fans about TM's/promoter's resale policies has left them (and no I do not imply that Mr. Cohen himself is involved in any way - never!) scrambling to cover their collective behinds - so to speak. I don't think it hurts either that the outcry is coming from a more mature audience - one with significant buying power, connections and an understanding of how to properly channel complaints. We're not talking about a bunch of Britney fans who are going to text their buddies, or complain on Myspace! Not to stereotype, of course! :roll:

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”