Natalie is going to see Leonard in Victoria-thank you Jarkko

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
Natalie

Natalie is going to see Leonard in Victoria-thank you Jarkko

Post by Natalie »

Hi everyone,

I am crying tears of joy right now. I am SO EXCITED! Thank you, Jarkko for arranging this prebuy. I keep thinking back to the event in NYC 2004 when Dan and I met Perla Battala. She said that Leonard would never tour again. Never say never!

I am just ecstatic right now. The anticipation, the waiting, the longing to see him play live, it's just a dream come true.

The venue in Victoria is very intimate, even though it is a hockey arena, and currently where the Scotties Tournament of Hearts, Curling Tournament is taking place. I used to work at the arena, and I have been to many concerts there, the most recent being Sarah Brightman, which was phenomenal.

Thank you Jarkko, once again. Dan and I can't wait until April 21.

I hope everyone is well.

Cheers,

Natalie :roll:
lizzytysh

Re: Natalie is going to see Leonard in Victoria-thank you Jarkko

Post by lizzytysh »

Then, quit rolling your eyes, Natalie :lol: ! I'm so very happy for you. It's been a long time coming :D . Congratulations 8) ! You're in for the night of a lifetime, which I know you already know... but just wait 'til you experience it!

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Thank you, Elizabeth. Now, the two month wait is going to be pure torture.

How are you doing, by the way? Did you see him in NYC recently?

xxoo,

P.S. The rolling of the eyes is just because I love the little icon. He just seems so humble, like he's saying "Who, me? Are you talking to me?"
lizzytysh

Post by lizzytysh »

Oh, that's a sweet interpretation of him, Natalie. I read him as indicating "I can't believe you just said that," and the like.

I'm doing fine. Thanks! YES! I saw Leonard at the Beacon. I was in the 4th row, Live center. Leonard is breathtaking.

Time will go quicker than you think it will. I know this is a dream come true for you and I'm so happy that it is finally going to happen for you.

~ Lizzy
xxoo
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
martensg

Post by martensg »

Hi Natalie,

I'm also a Victoria resident! We've corresponded before.

Due to my schedule, I have only been able to log in now for the Pre-Sale.

Is the venue pretty good? I'm able to get Row 19 in section A2. It doesn't seem very close.
Do you think I should go for two seats there, or do you think it better to wait until the general sale
and try for a closer seat?

Garth
Anastasia

Post by Anastasia »

Yes, many, many thanks to you, Jarkko, for making the presale possible for us. I'm going to be able to see LC for the second time ever, right here in San Diego. The first time was 1993 and I had to make a 240 mile round trip on the road to see him. I'm so happy I feel kind of ill right now! I need to lie down!
joan48

Post by joan48 »

Hi Natalie,
I bought tickets to the Victoria show on April 21st through the presale this morning as well (Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), but I've never been to the Save on Foods Memorial Arena before, so I have no idea about the location of my seats. I had hoped to buy two $250 seats (since they are a birthday present for my daughter and I wanted the best possible seats) but even though I clicked 'best seats available' and the $250 box I was only able to get two $89.50 seats that say Price level BACK FLR, FLOOR level, Section B2, Row 16.

Since you know the arena can you please tell me whether or not these are good seats - or whether I should try on March 2nd to get the $250 ones in order to be as close as possible. Which seats do you think would be going for $250? Floor level and/or elsewhere? Is it possible to go to the arena and be shown around between now and March 2nd in order to know what I'm doing?

Thanks for considering these important questions.
Joan
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Natalie wrote: I am just ecstatic right now. The anticipation, the waiting, the longing to see him play live, it's just a dream come true.

Cheers,

Hi Natalie,

I am SO happy for you! You just seemed to know several months ago that Leonard would play Victoria. I'm sure your positive thoughts made the dream come true! You will be overwhelmed. Words cannot express the intensity of one of his concerts! The Beacon Theatre was the most awesome concert I've attended and I think everyone there is probably still floating. You are in for a treat. Enjoy!

All the best,
Diana

ps...Leonard and his crew are also in for a treat because Victoria is incredibly beautiful in April :D
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Hi everyone,

Okay, I knew that Leonard was coming to Victoria before the press announcement. Mr. Kory, Leonard's manager informed me in an e-mail. But, I didn't tell anyone -- not even my husband. I am very good at keeping a secret.

Diana, thank you for your e-mail a month ago. I am sorry I haven't responded. Luigi is just getting over a cold and is teething, so time is such a luxury right now.

Joan, row 16 is good. I have sat in row 14 for Snoop Dog and Row 10 for Sarah Brightman (yes, I have an eclectic taste in music). With the public onsale, you are taking a huge chance. Keep in mind, there are several let's call them 'ticket brokers' who grab the best possible seats. They have their ways. There was one person at the arena who would consistently come in to pick up his front row tickets. Hmmm. . . There is a security system in place on the website now to discourage autobot programs.

So, with that being said, Garth, you could go for the public onsale, and you may get better seats, but again it is a gamble. I was debating this, too. But, what if I took the chance and the concert sold out in 10 minutes. There is a good possibility that this may happen.

At Save on Foods Memorial Centre, because capacity is only about 7000, there is not a bad seat in the house. The only disadvantage to this venue is let's face it, it's a hockey arena. Yet, it does have a nice intimate feel. I was kind of hoping he would play at the Royal, but capacity is only about 1400, I think.

So, there is an insider/now-outsider's view on concert-going at SOFMC.

xxoo,

Natalie

I AM SO EXCITED I CANNOT EVEN CONTAIN MYSELF!

P.S. We are thinking of resurrecting our Cohen Tribute Night in September if any of you Victorians are interested. We have done two hugely successful events -- one in 2002 and 2003. I have not been able to do them on a yearly basis, due to work commitments and lack of volunteers.
martensg

Post by martensg »

I would love to help with any future LC Tribute, and I might be able to wrangle a couple volunteers.

Also, while I recognize the chance I'm taking on the public ticket sale, I flew to Toronto to see him in June, thinking he might never tour further west, and then sat at the very back of the venue. Now, the concert was STILL the best I have ever attended, so I'm not complaining about my Toronto experience. It was of spiritual significance. However, I vowed if he toured to Victoria or Vancouver I would do my best to sit closer.

Thanks for your information about the venue!
wittykat

Post by wittykat »

How can Victoria tickets be purchased? I don't see a listing on ticketmaster (evilmaster)?

What's the Tribute night?
martensg

Post by martensg »

Yes!

I managed to get a seat on the Side (MAIN, 102, J 1-2).

I'm hoping that here I'll be able to see and hear -- although
at a side angle -- pretty well.

Garth
Natalie

Post by Natalie »

Awesome, Garth. 102 is nice and close to the stage, and J is halfway up. Great seat!

I AM SO EXCITED! Less than two months away.

The concert is sold out -- it took a few hours, but still sold out.

Is anyone seeing him in Vancouver also? I was debating going to see him there, but then, as all Islanders know, I'd have to factor in ferry, hotel, etc, etc. And GM Place? Like, what's up with that? I was really surprised that he's playing there. What an enormous venue -- it would be horrendously impersonal.

The Victoria show is going to be wayyyyyyyyyy better than Vancouver! (just my personal opinion).

Cheers,

martensg

Post by martensg »

I was thinking of travelling to Vancouver too, but as you've described, too much hassle. I suspected our venue would be more intimate (and not brokered by TicketMaster, thankfully!)

Do you think there would be enough interest in local concert-goers to meet for a dinner or something before the show? When we attended the show in Toronto, my
girlfriend and I made no attempt to meet with other fans ... but maybe it would be neat to try.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi everyone in BC!

I'm not familiar with the venue in Vancouver but don't be worried. Over the past year Leonard has performed in several horrendous venues that people have approached with trepidation...hockey rinks, huge impersonal arenas etc etc....both in areas of Europe and Down Under. In every single case fans have been amazed after the concert on how intimate it truly felt. Between the lighting and the totally awesome sound system each performance is flawless. I have no idea how they are able to continually create such a beautiful warm atsmosphere, but of course this is Leonard! You will love it!

Natalie....hi, and don't worry about answering. I know how busy you are. Just enjoy! :D And, of course, let us all know how it was!

All the best,
Diana

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”