Chicago

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
MaryB
Posts: 3975
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA

Re: Chicago

Post by MaryB » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:11 pm

Lizzy,

Even so, you are still blessed :D . I didn't even discover him until the late 80's :cry: - so much time lost :cry: . But we have him now in spades and I am trying to make up for now and enjoying every minute, every crumb of it!

Warmest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
User avatar
lizzytysh
Posts: 25387
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.A.

Re: Chicago

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:18 pm

Well, you're right there, Mary... and I feel blessed, too. Don't know if you 'NEEDED' the balm of his words during those interim years, but I know I sure did! A lot of tears were catharticized through singing... and just moving... to his songs... alone. A lot of comfort there.


~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
MaryB
Posts: 3975
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:40 am
Location: Columbus, Ohio USA

Re: Chicago

Post by MaryB » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:23 pm

His words have a way of being there when you need it most. I'm glad to hear he was there for you to help you heal.
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
User avatar
lizzytysh
Posts: 25387
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2002 8:57 pm
Location: Florida, U.S.A.

Re: Chicago

Post by lizzytysh » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:29 pm

Thanks, Mary... and I wish that you had found him sooner, too... just because.

There's never a wrong time for Leonard's words.


~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
wondercookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida

Re: Chicago

Post by wondercookie » Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:26 pm

Meetup: Where: Emerald Loop Bar and Grill. 216. N. Wabash Ave. http://www.emeraldloop.com. When: May 5th....5pm . Why: Just because.
Anyone wants to join in, raise your hand and I'll make a reservation......
Dan K.
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago

Post by Dan K. » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:03 am

::hand raised::

Thanks for setting this up. See you there!
User avatar
A Brick in the Wall
Posts: 88
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:04 pm
Location: 3rd row - 4th from the left

Re: Chicago

Post by A Brick in the Wall » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:17 pm

wondercookie wrote:Meetup: Where: Emerald Loop Bar and Grill. 216. N. Wabash Ave. http://www.emeraldloop.com. When: May 5th....5pm . Why: Just because.
Anyone wants to join in, raise your hand and I'll make a reservation......
2 hands raised here ---- now -- Queen of the Organizers ---- what about the 6th?????
User avatar
POZEST
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 am
Location: Lost Angeles

Re: Chicago

Post by POZEST » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Yah, what about the 6th. I been hooting over here a few times about a meet up :razz: In the meantime I'll do a google search to see whats close to the venue....
wondercookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida

Re: Chicago

Post by wondercookie » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:15 am

To Brick from Queen of the Organizers...I guess you've got me pegged.. :) ..well, someone's got to do it....OK....5/5 at 5 at Emerald Loop.....keep raising those hands...
Pozest..for some reason, I thought you were coming in on the 5th, Brick and his wife and myself are blessed to be going to both concerts....we could meet at the Emerald again or maybe you'll find a cool spot from your googling.........I'm always open for ideas ...I wonder if we can pick up the tickets for the 6th on the 5th??? That would be nice....
Dan K.
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago

Post by Dan K. » Tue Apr 28, 2009 3:42 pm

I'll try to find something for the 6th as well. Let's mix it up and do something besides Emerald. I'll let you guys know. As a sidenote, anyone care to make a little wager? I will bet that I will be the youngest person at these two pre-gatherings. If someone says I'm not (and is correct), I will buy that person something at the gift booth. I offer this because I am yet to find (by looking at profiles) someone younger than me. Here we go! Anyone want to take my offer?
User avatar
POZEST
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 am
Location: Lost Angeles

Re: Chicago

Post by POZEST » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:31 pm

wondercookie wrote:To Brick from Queen of the Organizers...I guess you've got me pegged.. :) ..well, someone's got to do it....OK....5/5 at 5 at Emerald Loop.....keep raising those hands...
Pozest..for some reason, I thought you were coming in on the 5th, Brick and his wife and myself are blessed to be going to both concerts....we could meet at the Emerald again or maybe you'll find a cool spot from your googling.........I'm always open for ideas ...I wonder if we can pick up the tickets for the 6th on the 5th??? That would be nice....
Hi WonderCookie,

I'll most likely send my cell phone # to you. I googled and found over 20 bars nearby. I haven't gone through them. I might lean to something though (such as the Emerald) that seems to already have approval/appeal by a local.
User avatar
POZEST
Posts: 161
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 7:15 am
Location: Lost Angeles

Re: Chicago

Post by POZEST » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Dan K. wrote:I'll try to find something for the 6th as well. Let's mix it up and do something besides Emerald. I'll let you guys know. As a sidenote, anyone care to make a little wager? I will bet that I will be the youngest person at these two pre-gatherings. If someone says I'm not (and is correct), I will buy that person something at the gift booth. I offer this because I am yet to find (by looking at profiles) someone younger than me. Here we go! Anyone want to take my offer?
Dan K,

As I read your post I was thinking "I'll take him up on his offer" ... as I thought I would be the young'n at 36. You take the title for that one thus far. Nothing wrong with that.

I've only been to one LC concert and as I mingled with the people I learned that at an LC show there were no age lines. People were very social. Hence why I like fan club/forum meet ups :)
Dan K.
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago

Post by Dan K. » Wed Apr 29, 2009 5:39 am

POZEST wrote: Dan K,

As I read your post I was thinking "I'll take him up on his offer" ... as I thought I would be the young'n at 36. You take the title for that one thus far. Nothing wrong with that.

I've only been to one LC concerts and as I mingled with the people I learned that at an LC show there were no age lines. People were very social. Hence why I like fan club/forum meet ups :)
I agree 100%. I have no problem being on the young side at the gatherings and concert. I have friends of all ages and I like that. I don't personally know any LC fans yet, but from what I have experienced from this site they are quite friendly. It helps that we all have amazing taste in music. 8) I'm glad I found this place.

Chicago will be the first time I see him in person. I am ecstatic to say the least. I have attended great concerts in the past but I have no doubt in my mind that these will be at the top of my list.

See you there!

EDIT: BTW...The Chicago Theater is beautiful. Those who have not been there before will not be disappointed. I've been there 4 times and I don't believe there's a bad seat in the house!
wondercookie
Posts: 40
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:10 pm
Location: Ft. Myers, Florida

Re: Chicago

Post by wondercookie » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:46 pm

So Dan...are you there for the 5th or the 6th? Or both?
Dan K.
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:50 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago

Post by Dan K. » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:40 pm

I'll be at both shows.
Post Reply

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”