The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
gussiecat

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Post by gussiecat » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:27 pm

It appears that some venues were sold out almost instantly -- or else the systems were too clogged to show tickets (over an hour and a half now). Somewhere back aways there was mention of possible additional shows. Will those have presale days too? Guess I'll try for the public sales, though it seems like a wild chance at best.
asleepanddreaming

Post by asleepanddreaming » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:29 pm

Thank you to everyone involved in this pre-sale arrangement. I purchased a pair of 7th row floor seats (at the $150 price) for Hamilton at 10am and am delighted. From what I see, good seats are still available now even.

I have been following Ticketmaster and scalper woes for many years and am convinced that is the way of the future. There will always be more demand than supply for some shows, and brokers will always exist (and let's remember that many a fan has been able to make their dreams come true by paying more than face value, so that can be a valuable service). But the rampant abuse of the on-line ticketing by home-based scalpers across the land who buy seats for every show using tricks and techniques the casual concert goer cannot compete against simply must stop. And until Ticketmaster steps in to do something, artists like Cohen who take the time and effort who find ways around it will have my never-ending respect. The fact that no fan membership fee was required is even classier. Two ticket limit+Will call pick-up only=thousands of satisfied music lovers.

Bravo everyone and enjoy the shows!
cricketc

Post by cricketc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:48 pm

Hi!

For some reason, the TM site let me select pick up at any ticketmaster location, by accident and that is what I selected. Are my tickets still valid and good or will the system cancel the order as a result? Help!

And thanks!!!
Walsh75

Post by Walsh75 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:57 pm

I've been to over 20 concerts here in Detroit since Nov. 2006.

Trying to buy tickets today was the worst disgrace in my opinion. I screwed around for 17 mins. with that damn passcode before it finally worked. By then it was too little, too late.

It is not giving me anything on the top prices. And at last check, only balcony seats remained for like $65.

I know he sells fast and he is a popular guy. But I have a hard time buying that all 5,200 seats at The Fox went in less than an hour just due to the passcode from this site.

Guess I will keep trying today or hope for the best Friday.

And whatever this $ 550 VIP option is, it's apparently sold out as of today too for The Fox or they're not going to make it an option until Friday.

Sure would have been nice if things worked properly and according to plan.
Last edited by Walsh75 on Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bridylan

Post by bridylan » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:59 pm

It looks like some websites are selling tickets for a second, May 30 show at Wang Theater -- has this second show indeed been added? Will there be a pre-sale?
st theresa

Post by st theresa » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm

So it's 10 AM past now --waiting waiting
Rev. Mike

Post by Rev. Mike » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:05 pm

I was able to pull fourth row center balcony in Minneapolis an hour after they went up (I was in a meeting and had neglected to leave my wife the security code). I am wholly satisfied and extremely excited for this show. Thank you Jarkko and everyone else for this opportunity, that was one of the smoothest ticket sales I have experienced for a high demand show.
anotheranna

Post by anotheranna » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:08 pm

I was able to get tickets for Chicago!
Thank you Jarkko very much for all your hard work!
jasperavenue

Post by jasperavenue » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Has anyone been able to purchase presale for Edmonton AB, it is now well after 10AM MST. I can't see where to use the member presale password? Anyone help? Thanks
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:11 pm

Hurray!! For Detroit I was only able to get 2 seats in Row N which is okay BUT at Red Rocks we are in Row 4! :D

I am a happy woman! Thank you so much Jarkko! :D :D :D :D

Diana
xoxoxoxo
holland

Post by holland » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:25 pm

Dear Jarkko,

I was able to get 2 tickets as soon as the sale started. My daughter, an university student, had a course last semester solely on the poetry and songs of LC. So you can understand her excitement to be able to attend one of his concerts. Fortunately I had seen him the last time in Calgary and also once in the Netherlands.
We are very fortunate to have been able to secure tickets. Thanks Jarkko for a fantastic job well done

happy in Calgary
DS
Sochijava

Post by Sochijava » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:26 pm

Jasperavenue in Edmonton - I think I just sent you an email. Have you gotten in to the ticketmaster site? If so, you enter the password in the white box on the right, after you enter how many tickets you want. You first must click on the ticketmaster link that Jarkko posted on the passwords chain.

Hope this helps.

Paula in Ottawa
Toronto June 6 2008; Ottawa May 25 & 26 2009; Las Vegas 11 December 2010; Montreal 2012; Ottawa 2012; Kingston 2012.
dune

Post by dune » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:27 pm

got my tickets for calgary and I know my friend in edmonton got floor seats for the shows.
thanks very much!

they are very pricey tickets but worth it. :D

the show I saw in edmonton 15 years ago was the best concert event i have ever attended.
The Little Jew

Post by The Little Jew » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:30 pm

dlappj3 wrote:I was on line promptly at 10:00 to buy the Wang Center tickets using the password it was the hat----and it did not work. Now I am being told the tickets sold out. This is a tremendous disappointment. This is a sham1 How did anyone buy the tickets for Boston?
I don't think it is a sham if everyone else was able to buy tickets, perhaps you did something wrong.
Last edited by The Little Jew on Thu Feb 26, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dfb

Post by dfb » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:33 pm

I got tickets for May 29 in Boston! Sooooo excited. THANK YOU!!!!

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”