The North American Tour & Presale for members

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
bridger15

Re: The North American Tour & Presale for members

Post by bridger15 »

Kai wrote:Hi everybody,

How I can get tickets for the concert in LA on 04/11/2009? Is there a possibility for presale? Or a tel-nr. to call for tickets?

Thanks for any recommendations
Kai
Currently, there is only one concert scheduled in LA on April 10. An early posting of the tour dates showed April 11 as well. But that date was later removed. We can only live in hope, there will be a second concert so I can hopefully go to both.
2009-San Diego|Los Ang|Nashville|St Louis|Kansas City|LVegas|San Jose
2010-Gothenburg|Berlin|Ghentx2|Oaklandx2|Portland|LVegasx2
2012-Austinx2|Denver|Los Ang|Seattle|Portland

Arlene's Leonard Cohen Scrapbook http://onboogiestreet.blogspot.com
fleetofbeets

Post by fleetofbeets »

So, I'm going to try and get tickets for one of the Ottawa shows, but I live in NL and would not be in Ottawa until just before the concert...I can still pick them up then, yes?

Sorry if that's a stupid question, but I've only ever had tickets from ticketmaster mailed to me or they have been at venues here!
JohnSiebels

Post by JohnSiebels »

JARKKO IS THE MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS FOR SETTING UP MY ACCESS TO BE ABLE TO LOG ON!

I CAN'T TELL YOU HOW MUCH THIS MEANS TO ME!!!!!!!
Dasia

Post by Dasia »

I understand that it must be tiresome for those of you who are very used to buying concert tickets on the computer to have people asking over and over again how to do it, but I hope you can understand that some of us older LC fans buy very few pop concert tickets. Buying them directly from Ticketmaster already makes us nervous, but this extra layer with passwords is really daunting. I hate to pester Jarkko, who has more than enough to do keeping this wonderful site going for all of us. Could someone who has been through the process--say for the NY concert last week--please be kind enough to to break it down into smaller steps? For example, do you log in here, go to this password thread, find the password (does it involve answering a question about LC?), then log into Ticketmaster or whoever is the seller, and when you (should you be so lucky) are offered tickets, there is a point at which you type in the password in addition to the wavy one the site always makes you copy? Or do you need the password to ask to buy tickets at all? And can you use only American Express cards?

Thank you in advance for any help or hints anyone might be able to share.
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

My gosh, just by the sheer number of people posting, I hope we don't crash this website trying to get the password :shock: :o
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

I think it's easy re: the passwords. Start by reading Jarkko's first post - and go from there. Obviously he can't personally answer every single fan's frenzied request. Sorry, if that sounded blunt, but jeez! It's a World Tour, not a one night stand. As the newsletter/post says - SUBJECT TO CHANGE. The venues will add or delete dates as things go - just keep your eyes on the prize :)

WHEELS!

"Although I am sad that this time around, he appears to be playing at huge arenas instead of the intimate venues of the earlier tour, I am grateful he is making it to Vancouver."

i have waited all my life to see Leonard...now, GM Place!!! The Orpheum or QE would have been so much better. At this point, I"m thinking of just saving my money, and buying the DVD. I love you Leonard, but Geez - this is crazy. Jarkko, Marie and all the rest behind the scenes, thanks for what you've done for us, the fans. Hydra and a cold Mythos await you when this is over, I hope.

Linda.

Oh, my above 'read the first page' was aimed at no one in particular.
Log in here at the time specified for your concert, get password (for concert A, B or C, which is listed under the tour date.) Call your ticket seller by time specified, and they will have the password, give them your password. They'll match, order tix by credit card. 2 tix max on the pre-sale. Claim tix from your tix master, go see concert, then WOW!
You just pick up the password here, during that small window of opportunity. No questions on LC will be asked. You PHONE your LOCAL Ticketmaster - and give the password, during that other small window of opportunity. Once it's been established that you are the owner of an LC ticket (from Ticketmaster) they can answer questions on mode of transfer. It's easier for us living in the towns, but just "ask them'. By 'local' I mean the Tix Master in the town the show is to take place. I hope I'm helping, not hurting. Either way - see you all there! Good luck....
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
MusicCityGypsy

Post by MusicCityGypsy »

Dasia wrote:I understand that it must be tiresome for those of you who are very used to buying concert tickets on the computer to have people asking over and over again how to do it, but I hope you can understand that some of us older LC fans buy very few pop concert tickets. Buying them directly from Ticketmaster already makes us nervous, but this extra layer with passwords is really daunting. I hate to pester Jarkko, who has more than enough to do keeping this wonderful site going for all of us. Could someone who has been through the process--say for the NY concert last week--please be kind enough to to break it down into smaller steps? For example, do you log in here, go to this password thread, find the password (does it involve answering a question about LC?), then log into Ticketmaster or whoever is the seller, and when you (should you be so lucky) are offered tickets, there is a point at which you type in the password in addition to the wavy one the site always makes you copy? Or do you need the password to ask to buy tickets at all? And can you use only American Express cards?

Thank you in advance for any help or hints anyone might be able to share.
I buy tickets from ticketmaster

all the time the hints I can give you:

1. if you aren't going to get tickets for tomorrow's presale I suggest doing a "dry run" of the ticketmaster password (but wait until later in the day when everyone has had a chance who is REALLY going to this show)

2. creating an account with ticketmaster, even if you only use them for one time will make it less stressful for you! you only have 5 or so mins to enter in all your info for the tickets you get so if you have an account already you only have to type in a user name and password...you could create your account now if you wanted to. (on the right hand side I think it says MY TICKETMASTER and then "create and account" or something)

3. I always bring my ticketmaster page up first, pull up the concert I want via the search for example "leonard cohen detroit, MI" and then click on it...(sometimes around the time i refresh a few times to make sure it pulls up in time)

4. I just put the ticketmaster window down by minimizing it (or open new tab) and then go to the place with the password...

5. copy it or remember it and then go back to the page already ready...at 10am (sometimes ticketmaster is 1 min behind...which is so frustrating you might have to "refresh" the page to get it to say tickets are onsale finally) pop in your password in the "fan club code:___________" box...amount of tickets and then enter the "make sure you're not a bot" Security Check. it will bring you up to the page with your tickets

go down to the bottom and you will see something like buy these tickets...

if you already have an account on the next page it will make it easier, if not...it's not a big deal just get through the 3:30 seconds to fill out your info...

please let me know if I can help you anymore...sorry for writing so much! I just want everyone to get tickets!! :)
linda_lakeside

Post by linda_lakeside »

Does this, taken from Jarkko's post, and Marie's newsletter change things: "There will be a 2-ticket limit per show, and all tickets will be will call ONLY . It means that the tickets are to be collected at the Box Office, and you have to show both the credit card you purchased with and your ID."

Call in only and the tix to be collected at the box office.

I want a ticket too :)
~ The smell of perfume in the air, bits of beauty everywhere ~ Leonard Cohen.
shodan

Post by shodan »

Just a question, if you please. The presale for the the Radio City Music Hall show begins on March 7 at 10:00 AM, correct? Iapologize if the question has been answered already and appreciate your time.
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

shodan wrote:Just a question, if you please. The presale for the the Radio City Music Hall show begins on March 7 at 10:00 AM, correct? Iapologize if the question has been answered already and appreciate your time.
Hi Shodan,

Yes, that is affirmative. The presale for Radio City is one week later, March 7th starting at 10am your local time. Good luck and welcome to the Forum!

Diana
RKlingon

Post by RKlingon »

I have a question. If the ticket presale for fans, for LC's NYC/Radio City dates is not until next month, and the public sale is to follow it, then how can the online scalper sites already be selling tickets? Some are listed as high as $2,000+ dollars.
johnstownflood

Post by johnstownflood »

RKlingon wrote:I have a question. If the ticket presale for fans, for LC's NYC/Radio City dates is not until next month, and the public sale is to follow it, then how can the online scalper sites already be selling tickets? Some are listed as high as $2,000+ dollars.
In all probability, they DON'T have tickets yet. They're speculating -- sellling tickets now then filling them later on the expectation they'll get those seats or better. It's a futures market.
Quasand

Post by Quasand »

April 2 - Austin, TX @ Michael and Susan Dell Hall at Long Center
April 3 - Grand Prairie, TX @ NOKIA Theatre at Grand Prairie
April 5 - Phoenix, AZ @ Dodge Theatre
April 7 - San Diego, CA @ Copley Symphony Hall
April 10 - Los Angeles, CA @ NOKIA Theatre L.A. LIVE
April 13 - Oakland, CA @ Paramount Theatre of the Arts
April 17 - Indio, CA @ Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival
April 19 - Vancouver, BC @ General Motors Place
April 21 - Victoria, BC @ Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre
April 23 - Seattle, WA @ WaMu Theater at Qwest Field Events Center
April 25 - Edmonton, AB @ Rexall Place
April 26 - Calgary, AB @ EPCOR Centers Jack Singer Hall
April 28 - Saskatoon, SK @ Credit Union Centre
April 30 - Winnipeg, MB @ MTS Centre
May 3 - Minneapolis, MN @ Orpheum Theatre
May 5 - Chicago, IL @ The Chicago Theatre
May 9 - Detroit, MI @ Fox Theatre
May 11 - Columbia, MD @ Merriweather Post Pavilion
May 12 - Philadelphia, PA @ Academy of Music
May 14 - Waterbury, CT @ Palace Theater
May 16 - New York, NY @ Radio City Music Hall
May 19 - Hamilton, ON @ Copps Coliseum
May 21 - Quebec City, QC @ Pavillon de la Jeunesse
May 22 - Kingston, ON @ K-Rock Centre
May 24 - London, ON @ John Labatt Centre
May 25 - Ottawa, ON @ National Arts Centre Southam Hall
May 26 - Ottawa, ON @ National Arts Centre Southam Hall
May 29 - Boston, MA @ Wang Theatre
June 2 - Morrison, CO @Red Rocks Amphitheatre
Last edited by Quasand on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Phantom Stranger

Post by Phantom Stranger »

I would just like to thank Jarkko for all the good he has done here. I just got a ticket to the Columbia, MD show through the pre-sale. :D A nice seat right in the center section. Good luck to all of you in getting what you want...
Last edited by Phantom Stranger on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a.ephroni

Post by a.ephroni »

Jarkko,

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH FOR ARRANGING THE PRESALE. We successfully got tickets for the Columbia, MD show--not quite the seats we wanted, but pretty good ones, and I am so tremendously grateful. This is a lifelong dream for me. I'm sure you hear that all the time... but THANK YOU.

Annette

--For someone long prepared for this to happen, go firmly to the window, drink it in...-- :razz:

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”