Beacon Concert Update

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jarkko
Site Admin

Beacon Concert Update

Post by jarkko »

- The Box Office will open at 5 pm for pick-up of the pre-paid tickets with VIP reception
- The VIP reception begins at 6 pm at the Beacon (for VIP ticket holders only)
- The concert is at 8 pm
- Meet-up for members after the concert at PD O'Hurley's, 174 W 72nd Street (two blocks from the Beacon, open to 4 am! More info at http://pdohurleys.com/)
- Unfortunately the London DVD will not yet be available (it will be released at the end of March)
- Please note that there will be no book/album signing!

The tickets with and without the VIP reception look similar, and I have been asked how to see the difference.
I asked the ticket sellers, and was informed that the tickets will be recognized by a scanner, so no need to worry!
(Also the price you've paid shows it - VIP reception was $10 extra)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
MaryB

Re: Beacon Concert Update

Post by MaryB »

Jarkko,
My tickets on the top have 'PRESHO' printed to the right of the seating section. Wouldn't this indicate access to the VIP reception?
Kindest regards,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

Hi Mary,

If that is the ticket you printed out yourself, then yes, that is also admittance to the reception. They will scan it when you enter the Beacon for the reception and it covers both that and the concert. If it's a regular ticket (gosh, hardly ever see those anymore) then I would assume it would be the same.

Not long now! :D

All the best,
Diana
MaryB

Post by MaryB »

This is a hard ticket, not off the computer. Anyone else that got the VIP have a hard ticket with 'PRESHO' in the upper right hand corner?
Thanks,
Mary
1993 Detroit 2008 Kitchener June 2-Hamilton June 3 & 4-Vienna Sept 24 & 25-London RAH Nov 17 2009 NYC Feb 19-Grand Prairie Apr 3-Phoenix Apr 5-Columbia May 11-Red Rocks Jun 4-Barcelona Sept 21-Columbus Oct 27-Las Vegas Nov 12-San Jose Nov 13 2010 Sligo Jul 31 & Aug 1-LV Dec 10 & 11 2012 Paris Sept 30-London Dec 11-Boston Dec 16 2013 Louisville Mar 30-Amsterdam Sept 20
lori

Post by lori »

Yes, I have a hard copy VIP ticket and it also says presho in the right upper corner. I look forward to seeing and meeting everyone. Lori
ladydi

Post by ladydi »

MaryB wrote:This is a hard ticket, not off the computer. Anyone else that got the VIP have a hard ticket with 'PRESHO' in the upper right hand corner?
Thanks,
Mary
Hi Mary,

Even the computer printed tickets indicate 'PRESHO' in the upper right corner. That's it. So yes, that will also cover entry into the vip reception.

Looking forward to seeing you and your husband!!

Diana
pamhule

Post by pamhule »

Jarkko, Are guests allowed to bring a camera to the reception? I presume we will not be allowed to take photos at the actual concert, but it would be great if you could confirm that too.
jarkko
Site Admin

Post by jarkko »

I am sure cameras will be allowed at the reception but can't know about the concert (but DO NOT use flash if you take pix during the concert)
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
CohenFan08

Post by CohenFan08 »

For what it is worth having been at the Beacon last week for Paul Simon - cameras seemed to be allowed, but they stopped people that were using them to take video. Weird.

Also - the Beacon let people in at 7pm, but wouldn;t allow you to go to your seat until 7:30. So people were standing, crammed in the hallways, in a sweatbox, until exactly 7:30. I think it was a way to force people to buy from the bar but it was very cramped and uncomfortable.
maxwild

Post by maxwild »

Also be aware that all NY concerts are renowned for latecomers and "non-true fans" getting up and down to go to the bar/bathroom/who the hell knows where at any time, including during a song ....so if you've never attended a NY concert, just hope that the majority are true LC fans there to savour every moment, and not a majority of "non-true fans" just there for, for, well whatever it is they would be there for!
New York 2009
Mabeanie1

Post by Mabeanie1 »

jarkko wrote:but DO NOT use flash if you take pix during the concert
AND PLEASE switch off the sound - there is nothing worse than an audible squeak or whirr from a camera at the most sensitive part of a song! Just have a play around with the set up menu if you don't know how to do it!

Wendy
CohenFan08

Post by CohenFan08 »

maxwild wrote:Also be aware that all NY concerts are renowned for latecomers and "non-true fans" getting up and down to go to the bar/bathroom/who the hell knows where at any time, including during a song ....so if you've never attended a NY concert, just hope that the majority are true LC fans there to savour every moment, and not a majority of "non-true fans" just there for, for, well whatever it is they would be there for!

I don't know - I pretty much find that at every show in every city now... :D
Actually

Post by Actually »

If there are too many people standing up and down in the rows in front of me, I'll start a stage rush! Who will join me? :lol:
(Just joking, I would never start it. But I also couldn't sit still, if there's something moving...)
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain »

I wonder if we will be able to go in and out after the reception? Any ideas? Or once we are at the reception, that's it, we are there for the show?
lightning

Post by lightning »

Does anyone have any idea of what will go on at the Preshow reception besides Lorca showing us her tour photos? That can't take 2 hours.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”