Pre and Postconcert Meetups

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
jdhayes

Pre and Postconcert Meetups

Post by jdhayes » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:44 am

Are any meetups planned? A group of us are flying from Ireland and would like to hear about any plans and how to get there.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
"You held on to me like I was a crucifix, as we went kneeling through the dark"
Actually

Re: Pre and Postconcert Meetups

Post by Actually » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:52 am

I'll be going alone anyway, so if there is something interesting planned, count me in. Well, as long as it is not before Wednesday evening, otherwise I'm still on the plane.
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:45 am

Jarkko had mentioned at the very beginning that there would probably be some sort of meet up post concert for anyone who wished to attend. I'm staying at the Hotel Beacon right next to the concert venue so will be open to wherever, but not familiar with the area. I think in the next couple of weeks things will come into place and we will know one or two places to meet up, either pre or post concert. Several of us will be at the VIP reception so possibly it will be more after Leonard's concert. But, hey, it will just be great to all get together!
Box_of_Rain

Post by Box_of_Rain » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:13 am

I'm staying at Hotel Beacon too! I'm totally up for whatever. I'll be in town for two days, tuesday and wednesday nights...kind of hoping to go to the Metropolitan Museum day of the show, for fun. Not sure where or how far that is. I'm sure plans will definitely solidify as time comes closer. Looking forward to meeting you all as well. Coming from Ireland! Wow!
Mollydog

Post by Mollydog » Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:35 am

I'm staying there too! Looks like we will be taking it over. I'll just be there Thursday night. Looking forward to meeting you all!
1972 London/1974 London/1985 Montreal/1993 Ottawa/2008 Montreal,London O2/2009 NYC Beacon,Kingston,Ottawa X 2,Barcelona,Las Vegas,San José/2010 Malmo,Las Vegas X 2/2012 Verona,Vancouver,Montreal X 2,Ottawa,Kingston/2013 NYC, Hamilton
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:47 pm

This is great! I believe many of us may actually be at the Beacon which seems to be about as close as you can get.

Denise, the Metropolitan Museum is really not far if the weather is good and you don't mind walking. It's just the other side of Central Park. By the way, I checked out your myspace and you have very eclectic interests, especially for the area you live in 8) . I'm with you re Robert and Jim, but just never really got into Jerry ;-) .

Mollydog, will be fun to meet a fellow Canadian (although I am a little displaced), AND to meet so many others who I only know of through postings and some photos! And we are all coming together because our love of Leonard :D

Hopefully someone who knows the best spots to meet up will have suggestions in the next couple of weeks.

Diana
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:49 pm

First we took Berlin, then we took Manhattan. Distance is no object for an LC concert.
2xDublin 2008, 2xDublin 2009, Berlin, Beacon Theatre 2009, Cardiff, Birmingham, 2xSligo 2010, 3 x Dublin 2012
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman » Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:27 pm

My wife and I are staying at the On The Ave Hotel, just a few blocks from the Beacon. My wife was born in Canada (London, Ontario) and still has family and friends there. She is looking forward to meeting some fellow Canadians at the meet-up. We both are looking forward to spending some time with members of this forum and connecting faces with names (what else would a picture gamer do?). It will be a wonderful trip to New York.

Jarkko - you're responsible for making sure that we have good weather for the event.

Mike
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:33 am

Oh my, all sorts of Canadians...current and not-so-current! Will be great to see everyone. Except for all the regulars who know each other I guess the rest of us should wear "HI..MY NAME IS..." stickers! :D However, somehow I think we will all manage! Just need suggestions for a meet up place!

I was born and raised in Toronto...not so far from London. You are VERY lucky to have a Canadian wife....us women from the north are awesome! ;-)
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:39 am

jdhayes wrote:First we took Berlin, then we took Manhattan. Distance is no object for an LC concert.
No it's not! And many of us are also looking forward to meeting you and your wife! So glad you are coming to New York. I think this moment in time will be memorable for all of us! How very exciting!

oops...just realized you didn't mention a wife... :oops:

Well, whoever you are with, or if you are alone, we look forward to meeting you!!
mwaldman

Post by mwaldman » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:32 am

ladydi wrote:I was born and raised in Toronto...not so far from London. You are VERY lucky to have a Canadian wife....us women from the north are awesome! ;-)
My wife (oops, I mean my awesome woman from the north) was born in London but was raised in Toronto. It will be interesting to see if you were both in Toronto at the same time. Small world, isn't it!
"If a thing is worth doing, it is worth doing badly."
~ G.K. Chesterton
jdhayes

Post by jdhayes » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:39 am

Looking forward to meeting some of you but where? Maybe someonewho knows NY well will have a suggestion soon. We are staying in Hotel Metro 35th Street. Keep us posted. We arrive in NY on the morning of 18th feb.
anneporter

Post by anneporter » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:42 am

I and my friend Barbara will also be at the Beacon, Thurs, Fri, Sat. nights. Going to Emmylou on the 20th! Tickets still available...
lori

Post by lori » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:44 am

Hello everyone, I am new to the forum. I am from just south of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania (USA), home of the soon to be 6 time Super Bowl champions. I have enjoyed reading your posts and share in your enthusiasm for LC. I am also going to the NYC show and will be staying at the Essex House in south central park. I will be attending the VIP party as well. Please keep me posted on meetings either before or after the show.
ladydi

Post by ladydi » Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:50 am

Hi Lori,

Welcome to the Forum! Wow, you managed to get tickets also to the VIP reception! You are very very fortunate indeed. We look forward to meeting you. Leonard's concert will be awesome! Hope to see you there and more info re a meet-up will follow in the next couple of weeks. Stay tuned. 8)

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”