Find and sell New York tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
ladydi

Re: Find and sell New York tickets here

Postby ladydi » Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:40 pm

er, you teach English? ;-)

Jon, my apologies but I did have to chuckle over your spelling of "profit", especially since you mentioned being an English teacher. 8)
Welcome to the Forum and I do hope you are able to find a couple of tickets to the concert.

All the best,
Diana
Maarten

Postby Maarten » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 pm

Hi Diana,
I got my parents tickets at row B, seats 110 and 111 so I guess they will have to behave or you can tell me everything!

Looking forward to seeing everybody in NY,
Maarten

2008 Manchester | Bruges | Amsterdam | London | 2x Brussels | Rotterdam |2x London
2009 New York | Cologne | Antwerp | Venice | Colmar | Barcelona | Las Vegas | San José
2010 Salzburg | 2x Sligo | Helsinki | 3x Ghent | Lille | 2x Las Vegas
2012 5x Ghent | 2x A'dam | Helsinki | Dublin | Verona | 3x Paris | Lisboa
2013 Paris | Antwerp | Oberhausen | Brussels | Pula | Rotterdam | Amsterdam | 2x Wellington | Auckland
tinderella

Postby tinderella » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:19 am

Oh Maarten, I wish i had a son like you :D
leonardmtl

Postby leonardmtl » Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:52 am

MaryB wrote:[quote="leonardmtl"

Could you tell us which seating plan you found....the one at Ticketmaster require a microscope!

Leonard from Montreal
Leonard,
Go to beacontheatrenyc.com, click on 'seating' (after 'get tickets'), go down to 'click here for detailed seating plan', then zoom in to how close you want to view. Hope this helps and hope to see you there!
Kindest regards,
Mary[/quote]

Mary,

Thanks for the seating plan. In a crowd, which we surely will have, it will make finding where friends are sitting easier

Leonard from Montreal
We're all on one road....we're only passing through....

1967 Montreal / 2008 Toronto/ 2009 New York Beacon /Boston 2x /New York MSG / Chelsea Hotel Plaque Celebration /San Jose / 2010 Las Vegas 2x / 2012 Montreal 2x /Boston 2x
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:52 am

Hi Maarten,

Wow...I feel very honored to have your parents sitting next to me! How serendipitous to suddenly find REAL names in this little portion of Row B, Orchestra, Seats 110 through 114...well, except for the possible stranger in 113 ;-) I will give everyone a hug on arrival :D

I know you will be there also and I will make sure to keep you apprised of their behaviour! No "I love you Leonard's" from Mom, and no "Hey Leonard's" from Dad. Well, what the heck, I'll probably be joining in.

Looking forward to meeting them....and you.

All the best, Diana

ps....you ARE a wonderful son!
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 am

No "I love you Leonard's" from Mom, and no "Hey Leonard's" from Dad.
:lol:
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
jarkko
Site Admin

Postby jarkko » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:35 am

1) One of our Canadian long-time members will not make it to New York. He has two splendid
tickets in row DD, with the VIP reception. The total he paid for these, including Ticketmaster
fees, was $558.35, and that's also the price he is asking. He wants the tickets to go to other
old-timers, or otherwise active members.

2) another member from Europe has one row 5 ticket with VIP reception, but he has had to
cancel his trip. He wants to do the same as the Canadian member = one lucky member will
get the ticket at cost (=$250+VIP $10+Ticketmaster fee).

Please email me at ja@nebula.fi within 24 hours - after that I will forward the messages to
these persons,and they will decide who get their tickets.
1988, 1993: Helsinki||2008: Manchester|Oslo|London O2|Berlin|Helsinki|London RAH|| 2009: New York Beacon|Berlin|Venice|Barcelona|Las Vegas|San José||2010: Salzburg|Helsinki|Gent|Bratislava|Las Vegas|| 2012: Gent|Helsinki|Verona|| 2013: New York|Pula|Oslo|||
spatialelement

Postby spatialelement » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:06 am

I am one of the many who was blocked out by the scalpers from buying a ticket. Even if it becomes available last minute. Thank you!
celestespace

Help Please

Postby celestespace » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:35 am

Does anyone possibly have ONE ticket left over somehow? I actually want to take my husband,a true fan for decades - literally - for his 51st birthday (actually on the 28th of February) but would be completely and forever grateful for just ONE ticket, that I could give for his gift.

I live in New York City and can pay the ticketmaster price. (I also have lots of beautiful fragrances (I work or did work in cosmetics until recently) i could give as well..if that might be of interest.)

Would someone please call or email me??! Thank you.
Celeste
(646)345 1200 or celestelee@mindspring.com
sharong

Postby sharong » Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:52 pm

Looking for one ticket. Long time Leonard Cohen Fan, Long time crush on the greatest Songwriter but sadly I have never seen him perform live. I happened to be out of town that week of presale and sale with no computer so I missed the sale. I was out celebrating a big birthday.....so this will be the icing on the cake to see LC live in NYC

Any ticket will do....
lakey

Postby lakey » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:00 am

i am looking for two tickets to the beacon concert. i have come specially from israel for this concert and it is all sold out. please help :) !!!
heyrussia

Postby heyrussia » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 am

I don't know how I missed this...Last spring I did a series of drawings, in an attempt to will Leonard Cohen into announcing a New York appearance. One of them is here.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_sHJVgTkMDpg/R ... Mar_11.jpg

I would be so, so stoked to get a ticket for under $300. Worth a shot right? Thanks.
lakey

Postby lakey » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:56 am

hi everybody-
i just found this site because of the beacon concert and it is a great site.
still looking and hoping to get 2 tickets for the concert. anybody there to help me- even at the last minute.
i was wondering what does an "appreciation" concert mean?
lakey@eindor.org.il
don

Postby don » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:06 pm

It's great to see so many new people on the forum. Hope you check elsewhere on this site to find other cool things.

For example, please note that we will be gathering in Krakow,Poland, sometime in the summer of 2010 for our sixth biannual "event." Meet Leonard Cohen fans from around the world!

I have a couple of tickets that I won't be able to use (you can imagine my disappointment!) and I'm contacting someone from this forum this weekend. So there is a very active Leonard Cohen network here. For those of you who have not yet scored tickets, good luck and keep trying!
d.
Don Cummer
Ottawa, Canada/Dublin, Ireland
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:09 pm

That's an awesome sketch, heyrussia 8) ! I hope you're able to get tickets.

Hey Lakey! You came all the way from Israel and then didn't get tickets?? How did you know to come beforehand? Just knowing that it was supposed to be happening? I really hope you're able to find two tickets.

To both of you ~ Ticketmaster seems to do last-minute releases after their gouging efforts fail. I sincerely hope that either through offers here or through that means, you're able to be there. So well worth it all 8) .

Welcome to the Forum. I hope you both stick around.

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”