Find and sell New York tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
mrkessler

Re: Find and sell New York tickets here

Postby mrkessler » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:12 pm

Hey good afternoon,

I thought now would be the time for one last request for extra tickets. I'd love to be at this show, would obviosly prefer 2 seats together, but ultimately would take whatever's burning a hole in someone's pocket. What a great oppy for fans. I refuse to go the TicketsNow or scalper route, so I'm prepared to miss it if that's what it comes to, but, if anyone has extras, please let me know. Would love you forever.

LC
tashi

Postby tashi » Sat Feb 14, 2009 11:13 pm

I apologize in advance if I improperly posted this here, but I'm just so angry-and I already have my tix, fortunately...

I am throughly disgusted by the way that tickets are marketed. It's not only this show, but as we know, the recent Springsteen shows and the Grateful Dead shows this spring.
Please write to your congress-people and make them aware of the fact that this is NOT a one time problem but an ongoing one.
I hope they all choke on their tickets that they can't sell! Thousands of dollars for these tickets-this is unconscionable!!!
And unless the people on ebay are selling their tix for face value, they too are scalpers...
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories
dmw191

One ticket available - no games

Postby dmw191 » Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:25 pm

After losing out on almost getting a ticket trhough this forum, I got one through ebay. I believe it's overpriced and not even in a good location. But it is a ticket. It is a nightmare that my sister was on the plane that crashed and I will be out of town. If anyone is interested in efficiently purchasing the ticket please call 212 613 5860. That is a voice mail. ONLY SERIOUS PURCHASERS PLEASE, call and leave a number. I spent $372. I will only be doing this till about 12 today, Sunday. After that, the ticket will probably be lost. How funny when everything is kept in perspective. If it works out easily, I can drop the ticket in the mail (it's an ebay printout of the purchase of the ticket with my name on it. Don't know how these things work. I'm assuming anyone can use it. I can sign something saying this ebay ticket was bought by whoever. All ideas on the pragmatic end of this are welcome. I won't be responding to all responses. Hope you can understand. Someone will either gt the real pleasure of using the ticket or it is meant to be this way. thanks, Dana
sharong

Postby sharong » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:44 pm

I am still looking for a ticket for Thursday's show at the Beacon. I was at the re=opening on Friday and the theater is magnificently beautiful. a big change from the bad sounding, beer and dust covered sewer hole it used to be.

Please be aware there are obstructed view seats behind the sound board in center orchestra - Rows m-p Seats..... 105-+

There is no way to see over the sound board. I sat to the side of the sound board and those guys were quiet.... I was with the artist comps mostly .....

Just so you know, this is not listed on seating charts... Beware if you buy tickets sight unseen...

Again, I am only looking for one.....
tashi

Postby tashi » Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:58 pm

You must not have had it but here is the link for the "best" Beacon seating chart and it is clearly marked for the bad seats. You can make it larger by hitting the + sign. I have saved it because I go to the theater a lot. Can't wait to see the "new" one.

http://www.thegarden.com/media/global/b ... eating.pdf

Just wanted to send some vibes to {{{Dana}}}-thoughts & prayers to you
marieg

Postby marieg » Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:03 am

Hi All,

As a long time Leonard Cohen fan, I have been despartely seeking one or two tickets to buy for the Feburary 19th concert. If anyone has tickets available for sale, please contact me.

Thanks in advance!

C
Kenadian

Looking for 1 Beacon ticket

Postby Kenadian » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:38 pm

A fella can dream right?

I will be flying in from Toronto, so if anyone hears of an extra, I'd appreciate an email, a call or text!

kenadian2001@yahoo.ca
519-580-9654

Cheers!
Ken(adian)
2008: Kitchener|Hamilton x2|Toronto x3|Montreal x2|2009: New York|Detroit|New York x2|Hamilton|Kingston|Ottawa x2 |Colmar|Vienne|Nimes|Philadelphia|New York MSG)|Cleveland|Nashville|2010: Sligo x2|Lisbon |Caen|Grenoble|Strasbourg|Marseille|Tours|Lille|Victoria|Vancouver|Oakland x2|Vegas x2|and more.
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Hi Ken,

It's worth the try! The dreaded Ticketmaster still has not released seats back for sale at the original prices BUT there seem to be dozens of seats still for sale at exorbitant prices on Ticketsnow and other scalper websites. Best bet might be simply to try the theatre on Thursday. I wish you all the best and hope you are able to grab a seat! You are certainly giving it your all. If you do get to the concert, don't forget the meet-up afterwards!

Diana

ps...cute, Ken(adian) - I like that :)
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:30 pm

There are some great seats (1st & 2nd rows!) on Ticketmaster TicketExchange at the moment. I notice the listings expire at 11.59 pm on Wednesday. I wonder who is selling them, and what will happen to the tickets on Thursday morning???

Wendy
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:52 pm

Hi Wendy,

Yes, they are great seats but they're going for over $700US. When you figure they are supposed to be $250US, this does make them a little expensive. At least way out of my range! If one has the money though they are fabulous....center orchestra, first couple of rows! I'm all set but guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of days for all those still hoping for a miracle!

Diana
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:28 pm

ladydi wrote:Hi Wendy,

Yes, they are great seats but they're going for over $700US. When you figure they are supposed to be $250US, this does make them a little expensive. At least way out of my range! If one has the money though they are fabulous....center orchestra, first couple of rows! I'm all set but guess we'll see what happens in the next couple of days for all those still hoping for a miracle!

Diana
Diana - you missed my point! The listings END just before midnight on Wednesday. What will happen to the tickets after that, assuming no one wants to pay the prices asked? If these tickets are ANYTHING to do with Ticketmaster or some other "official" channel, what's the betting they will be available for purchase by Joe Public when the box office opens the next day???

W
Mabeanie1

Postby Mabeanie1 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:32 pm

ladydi wrote:Hi Wendy,

Yes, they are great seats but they're going for over $700US.

Diana
Incidentally, the front row tickets were going for more than $1,200US last time I looked at TicketExchange, so they're coming down! Who knows, maybe someone will get to snap them up for face value before Thursday!

W
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:52 pm

Hi Wendy,

Oh duhhhhhhhhh,

I just got your point! I'm a little slow today. You are RIGHT! They were selling last week for $1000.US more than what I paid for my ticket and now they are starting to come down. Hmmmm, perhaps I'll check the box office and see if I can exchange my 6th row seat for a 1st row seat! :D

Some fans could end up very very lucky! Wow.

Diana
theia

Postby theia » Tue Feb 17, 2009 1:59 am

The tickets have been sold. Sorry. I hope those of you who are still looking will be able to find something. Good luck and best wishes to all.

Theia
Last edited by theia on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Icarus

There ain't no cure for love: need 1 Tix

Postby Icarus » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:31 am

I actually placed a $200 ad on the back page of this week's Village voice looking for Leonard Cohen tickets. It was partly an homage to Leonard (using lyrics from Anthem), and partly a refusal to deal with scalpers -- I had bought two tickets from scalpers with Ticketmaster and then waited three days to finally have my money returned (apparently they found a higher bidder). I then felt compelled to find a real fan to buy from. My search came up with nothing except for this very touching Leonard Cohen forum -- which I have now joined. I now have one ticket (row v, orchestra!) thanks to a connection from Jarkko. That means I had to admit that I am a groupie (I thought a Ph.D. would prevent this kind of thing from happening). I had to dump my fiancé -- left her out in the cold. So if you have a spare ticket,help this selfish prick -- please don't Pass me by if you have a spare ticket. Steve 646-660-5479
Last edited by Icarus on Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:28 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”