Find and sell New York tickets here

USA and Canada (April 1 - June 4, 2009). Special concert for fans in NYC (February 19). Concert reports, set lists, photos, media coverage, multimedia links, recollections...
celestespace

Re: Find and sell New York tickets here

Postby celestespace » Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:25 pm

Dear All,
Help! I desperately need to find a Beacon NYC ticket (or two) for my husband - - a diehard Leonard fan. If anyone has something, PLEASE, PLEASE get in touch. My husband, Gerald Janssen, an artist (please see geraldjanssenphotography.com) has always wanted to see Leonard... Thank you in advance for your help. My # is 212 227 3445.
With all best regards, Celeste Lee (Janssen) or celestelee@mindspring.com
nebraskero

About 2 tickets and, also, some news about Ticketmaster...

Postby nebraskero » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:27 am

Hello,
I´m a spanish journalist who lives and works in NYC. I´d love to write an article for my newspaper[*] about Leonard´s concert at the Beacon, but, like a lot of people, I was pushed away by ticketmaster. I can´t pay this prizes of ticketsNow!!!
I´m trying to contact Leonard´s managent, but I know their really bussie with the tour and, in the meantime, days are running off and I´m afraid to loose these tickets.

I know that a lot of people in Spain and South America loves his music and will love to find some information about this historic concert in their idiom. Also, I think that Leonard´s spanih´s roots (think about Lorca, the poet and Take this waltz, but also his son, or think about Omega, the incredible album that the spanish flamenco master Enrique Morente published with Leonard´s songs) talked a lot about his filiation with Spain. And, of course, I grow up listening to Leonard´s Cohen music, I love his art, you could call me a diehard fan (not very loud: I´m supouse to be objetive in my articles :oops: ) and I´ve always dream with the idea of watching him live...

What I´m looking for are 2 tickets for the Beacon, and I´ll be trhilled if someone can help me (please, scalpers, don´t try to offer me something above the box-office prices: their way beyond my possibilities!).

You can contact me at monicapaillet@hotmail.com

One last issue: for all of us that are tired of the ticket policies look for this information!!!
Something similar happened with Bruce Springsteen concerts this week and Bruce, Jon Landu (his manager) and his crew had write a letter today talking about the abuse: http://www.backstreets.com/news.html

Backstreets (the legendary Bruce Springsteen fanzine) has informed that New Jersey Representative Bill Pascrell Jr. has asked the FTC and the Justice Department to investigate ticketmaster.

You can find more information here: http://www.backstreets.com/btx/viewtopi ... 3&t=133044

Imagine what they´ll think if they see that Leonard´s tickets are offered for $2.000...

I think it´s important to send our thoughts to Mr. Pascrell.

Like Springsteen has said... The abuse of our fans and our trust by Ticketmaster has made us as furious as it has made many of you...

Waiting to the miracle (about the tickets and also about ticketmaster),
Thanks for your patient!!!

[*](http://www.elmundo.es, from Madrid, Spain. Our digital version turns to be the most readed in spanish lenguaje on internet). Mostly my speciality for the newspaper are cultural articles, specially about music and literature.
jacksonmelnick

Postby jacksonmelnick » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:29 am

HI Fans,

I just found out that I am going to go to the reception, which is incredible news, i'll look for many of you there. thanks for all of your kind wishes, and see you at the beacon! To all that still desire tickets-keep trying, its incredible what magic might slide your way...........

jackson melnick
JennS

Postby JennS » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:35 am

Dear friends,

We are looking for 2 tickets (preferably orchestra), and would greatly appreciate your help! Please contact jennifersjhun@gmail.com.

Much luck to all of you and hope to see you in New York!

Jenn and Rade
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:08 pm

jacksonmelnick wrote:HI Fans,

I just found out that I am going to go to the reception, which is incredible news, i'll look for many of you there. thanks for all of your kind wishes, and see you at the beacon! To all that still desire tickets-keep trying, its incredible what magic might slide your way...........

jackson melnick
Hi Jackson,

Many of us are SO pleased that you and your father will be at the concert and now it's even better to learn that you'll be at the reception too! You were very fortunate that Don in Ottawa was able to connect with you. Looking forward to meeting you and your father in less than 2 weeks now!

All the best,
Diana
sharong

Postby sharong » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:23 pm

I tried to get Leonard Cohen tickets on Friday after missing presale, could get Paul Simon through Amex presale but was also iced out of Paul SImon on general sale days. I was totally errored out of Springsteen tickets. When i Checked before Public sales, Ticketnow, the subsidiary of Ticketmaster had tickets to all 4 concerts. I refuse to buy tickets from them.

I am waiting for a "ticket dump", or sale of tickets as the date gets closer to the event. or maybe someone other than Ebay or Craiglist wants to get rid of one ticket.

I am watching the Springsteen complaints against ticketmaster closely. with this practice, tickets to any high profile concert will be virtually impossible. Ticketmaster and AEG merge will make it worse. Concerts, Sports and other events will beyond the reach of the regular concert goer...

So if someone has 1 ticket for sale.... please get to me

sdgold60@gmail.com

Im local for I can go last minute
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:24 pm

Don wrote: There's still a faint hope that I may be able to come to NYC after all. Hope to see you all there.
d.
Hi Don,

Hope you are able to make it to the concert! It would be nice to meet you, and especially nice for you to be able to say hello to Jackson and his father! :D Good luck!

Diana
vladflor

Need 2 tickets for NYC concert

Postby vladflor » Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:51 pm

Hi all,

Like most of you, I am big fan (I even sing his songs!) and sad I could not get tickets :cry: . But, hope dies last, so if anyone has 2 tickets, please contact me asap. Thank you so much.

Vlad
yourih

Postby yourih » Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:56 am

Still looking for a ticket at a reasonable price.
As all of you, I am a huge fan of L. Cohen, the living poet.
Please email me if you have 1 ticket available, last minute is welcome.
lizzytysh

Postby lizzytysh » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:51 pm

Great to hear from you here, again, Jackson. I, too, am looking forward to meeting you 8) ... what a great day for you and your father... and to share such an experience 8) !!

[Just an aside to Vlad ~ Your comment reminded me of when I went to the concentration camps at Auschwitz-Birkenau, there were only minutes left before the bus was to leave to return to Cracow. In a rush, I picked up a couple copies of a book in the bookstore at Birkenau titled "Hope Is the Last to Die" written by a woman, Holocaust survivor; I was so immediately drawn to its title. I hope you are able to get tickets to Leonard's concert. If not this one, then when he goes on tour... but preferably now for starters. When I first saw the new thread "TICKETSNOW," my instant thought was "TicketSnow," meaning a flurry of tickets had just become available [with gougers not getting sales as they'd anticipated... the hopeful outcome, anyway. Sharong ~ I'm still hoping for you; and for everyone else here who sincerely wants a ticket for themselves.]

~ Lizzy
"Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken."
~ Oscar Wilde
stella fey

Postby stella fey » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:39 pm

I know it's probably a long-shot. But I'm interested in attending the Beacon concert. Would take one or two tix. and fly in from Chicago to attend. If you know of someone who has tix. for sale, please contact me @ lisamholmes@earthlink.net

Thank you so much,
Lisa
hermania333

Postby hermania333 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:53 am

It seems like there are only people looking for tickets and not many selling. I am also looking for one ticket. If you have anything for face value, that would be great.
If you have one, please email me at lsloutsky@att.net
Thanks.

Lena
kharris10

Postby kharris10 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 8:08 am

Would love to get one or two tickets to see Leonard at the Beacon. If you have tickets at reasonable prices (face value or at a bit of a premium) I would greatly appreciate it. Please reply at mpkh@hotmail.com.
I can easily meet you in Manhattan on most week days. It would mean the world to me. Thankyou, kharris.
mariog3

Postby mariog3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:41 pm

hi folks
1st off I have to say, I dont know if I am a leonard cohen fan. I dont know the music, but my girlfreind sure does. thru her, I have heard some. I put my name on some sort of list to know when her favourites come out. Imagine my surprise when I hear on FUV that he is in concert. I rush to a computer to find tix when I discover that its all sold out, has been for a while!!!!!!! Im devastated, especially since the only seats left are in the 2000$ range!!!! Ive been out of work since December, but Im getting by. I can not afford those when I have other bills (food, mortgage etc) I really love this girl and think this would be the ideal venue to propose to her!!!!!!! yes this is an emotyional appeal, but if anyone has tix available, please let me know
write directly

mario

nuagedesign@aol.com

Thank you for reading my post
ladydi

Postby ladydi » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:28 pm

mariog3 wrote:hi folks
1st off I have to say, I dont know if I am a leonard cohen fan. I dont know the music, but my girlfreind sure does.
Hi Mario, and welcome to the Forum!

You are very honest and I hope one day you will also become an avid fan of Leonard! Having a girlfriend who is, is definitely a step in the right direction 8) . If you live in the NY/NJ/CT area my suggestion at this late date is to keep checking the dreaded Ticketmaster site. As the beginning of the week approaches they "may" just start releasing some of the seats they sluffed off into Ticketsnow at those terrible prices, back to their site at the original cost in order to sell them. Wish you all the best....with the concert and the proposal :D .

Diana

Return to “The North American Tour 2009”